Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Sorry! Another One About Spending Money

Hi all!
I’m travelling to Disney on 19th september for 13 nights staying at the Yacht Club.
We don’t have Disney Dining and really don’t intend on buying much (maybe the odd Christmas tree ornament of course).
I was just wondering how much spending money any of you take for a 2 week trip. We plan on eating breakfast in the room, snacking at lunch and a dinner and drinks maybe on the night.
Maybe worth mentioning we’re both vegan so I don’t anticipate the meal costs being too extortionate from my past experience veggie options are much cheaper!

We were thinking maybe $100-150 a day is this too little?

Any help appriciated!
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I think you are well in the ball park.
Lunches are circa $10 each but sodas bump the cost right up sadly. Bank on $4 each for Coke etc
Dinner circa $24 for a veggie option and again sodas on top plus the tip.

The cost rockets once you start adding alcohol. Wine is circa $11 to $14 a glass and spirits circa $11 plus tips.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Ah thank you!
We were planning on taking a water bottle I’m not really a huge soda fan so hopefully that won’t be too much of a problem!
We can plan on a few cocktails maybe here or there but nothing too crazy so I’m thinking we’ll aim for around $120 a day and anything over that is a bonus!
Really don’t want to go there and feel like I’m on a budget but also don’t want to completely overshoot how much I need
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mestew87
Excited about Disney

when i plan i aim to ensure around $1000 is available each day for 2 persons incase we want to shop.
mestew87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mestew87 View Post
when i plan i aim to ensure around $1000 is available each day for 2 persons incase we want to shop.

Please tell me you mean $100
I don’t have that kind of money!
Old 21 May 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mestew87 View Post
Blimey. That is some serious shopping.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in 2016 and budgeted $50 per person per day for food, ate only in the parks or Disney springs and we were well within budget, on the days we were under we transferred the funds over to the following day and we had a few TS and character meals. This didn’t cover alcohol though as none us us are drinkers.
We had a separate shopping budget that was around the same amount and had plenty of money.
Old 21 May 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I think $100-$150 a day is a good budget for 2 people.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

I never really understand these posts. Can't you buy most of this stuff on credit card? Then no need to work out how much you'll need ahead of time.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mestew87
Excited about Disney

I dont have any children (yet) so when we go on holiday I make sure money is there to do what ever we want to do without thinking
mestew87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List