Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingseat
Getting Excited

5 Nights after Disney - WWYD

12 nights onsite and then 5 available off site. I'd prefer 6 but the flights jumped hugely.

So, there is a cruise that leaves on the day we check out of SSR. Its for three nights (a Disney one) and gets back early on Monday morning.

This would give us most of Monday, all day Tuesday and potentially 1-2 hours very early on Wednesday before our flight back to Edi via JFK (leaves MCO at 1.15 pm) at Universal. I'd pick a Universal Hotel for express passes.

So question is would you just do 5 nights at Universal and relax or 3 nights on Cruise and 2 and a wee bit full on days at Universal.

Is Cruise and Universal too much? Cruise disembarks at Port Canaveral at 07.30 am on the Monday and we could Uber straight to HRH or other.
Kingseat is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Personally I would do 5 nights at universal, and enjoy relaxing around their pools. The pools & hotels are amazing and IMO a better standard to Disney (nothing wrong with Disney hotels but find the universal ones that little bit nicer) Plus, it's nice to be away from the disney bubble for a bit 😂 I'm not Disney bashing I promise lol, we're onsite in August lol but as a family we like a little bit of everything, Disney hotels, universal hotels and a villa.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd go on the cruise.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'd do the cruise! But I've wanted to do a Disney cruise for ages (but as I'm only ever in Orlando for around a week I never have time to go on one...)
Old 23 May 18, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

The 2 are very different options, how tiring do you find disney and is there enough at Universal that you could spend 5 days on? If you are keen to also go to volcano bay then i would not say that 2 days is enough at universal, however if you just want to do the headliner rides then given how compact the parks are in comparison to disney it is doable in a busy 2 days with some pool downtime too.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I'd go to the beach( Clearwater) for some relaxation for 3 days and then spend the last 2 at Universal staying at RPR or Hard rock for FOLP.
Old 23 May 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Universal. In fact that’s what we’re doing. 4 nights in Naples, 7 nights Beach Club then 5 nights Hard Rock Hotel.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Universal for me too. We are doing 11 nights SSR and 5 nights HRH next June. Although I would love to do a cruise but would either pick one or the other. Not both.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nobles@WDW
slightly serious Dibber

I would be torn between cruise/Universal and Universal only, however it may be more cost effective to spend all 5 days at Universal as the cost of tickets would probably be the same whether staying 2 or 5 nights. Whatever decision you make I'm sure you'll have a blast. ENJOY :-)
Travelodge Maingate East 1990, La Quinta Inn Lakeside 2004, Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, Old Key West Resort and Hard Rock Hotel 2011, Old Key West Resort and Hard Rock Hotel 2013 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Saratoga Springs Resort, Beach Club Villas and Anna Maria Island 2015 Saratoga Springs Resort September 2018
Nobles@WDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Having done a 4 night Disney cruise I would take the 5 days at Universal. The way you describe it in your first post you appear to be more keen on the relaxation element and you would get this in abundance by staying local. You can also chose to flit in and out of the parks on a whim should you decide - especially with the Express Passes you will have.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List