Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ben_w01
Staying in the Castle

Mobile Proposal booked

Hi guys, booked for sep/Oct 2019, excited, girlfriend doesn’t know and I’ll be proposing. Ideas appreciated!
ben_w01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Wow! Congratulations. Happiest place on earth to propose. You don't say if you are onsite or offsite.
Old 22 May 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ben_w01
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Thanks, I’ll be onsite
ben_w01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Spottywotty
VIP Dibber

Congratulations
Spottywotty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ben_w01
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Anyone got any good/unique ideas? Doesn’t have to be necessarily at disney
Old 22 May 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Does she like Harry Potter? At the bridge by the castle in IOA is lovely.

Unique would be at Discovery Cove...

My cousin got engaged outside the castle at MK, but that's definitely not unique! They are good there though - he asked one of the photo guys to capture it and they have lovely photos.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I agree Discovery Cove would be special. You can buy a special package and the dolphin delivers a buoy with a message discoverycove/orlando/ev...ial-occasions/

Edited at 08:51 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ben_w01
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Thanks for the reply’s. I’ve thought about discovery cove before and seems like a good option. Would Disney make it special if I email them?
Old 22 May 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve always liked the idea of the wishing well to the right of Cinderella’s castle!
Unfortunately it was locked when I proposed to my girlfriend! But went somewhere else!
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW Explorers
a Friend of the DIBB

If you are doing it onsite then always tell Disney - you never know what they have up their sleeve!

My boyfriend proposed to me in Florida last October. We had a really relaxing day then at 3pm we jumped into the car for a 'surprise'. He pulled up at the gate outside of the Grand Floridan and said we were checking in. I've always wanted to stay there and couldn't believe it. When we went to the check in desk the lady said we were staying there in a two bedroom suite at Club Level... he certainly didn't book that at over £2,000 a night -- He told Disney his plans when he booked the room and they surprised us!

I was so caught up in the moment I didn't even realise what he was about to do. He proposed in our suite before we went for an early dinner at Victoria and Alberts. We made it back to our room just in time to watch the Happily Ever After fireworks from our terrace. It was absolutely unbelievable and a total dream come true!

There is nothing more magical than a proposal in WDW!