Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ben_w01
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Thanks for all the reply’s. Wdw explorers that sounds incredible, how did he manage to organise that? That’s the sort of thing I’m talking about, something special and spontaneous
ben_w01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlzey89
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I proposed in DLP last year and we're going to Disney World in September next year for the honeymoon, so may see you there!

I emailed Disney as I was planning, who offered me a few options - including front of the crowd spot for fireworks - but they were all around £500ish. Don't know if WDW will be the same and try to charge for most of the popular ideas - but worth taking quite a hefty extra cost into account.

In the end, I decided to do the deed at the Mickey Mouse meet and greet early on our first day. That then allowed us to enjoy the rest of the day together, enjoyed the park, had a special dinner and watched the fireworks to round off an incredibly memorable day.

The obvious bonus was having Mickey Mouse there at the time and involved (her favourite character by far) but also the fact that it was that little bit more secluded than in front of the castle, or in a restaurant - despite a Spanish lady peeking round the curtain and crying louder than my girlfriend! But we also got the photopass photographer there and another cast member recorded it on our mobile phone - all for no extra cost!

It was still incredibly special and cost me no extra on an already expensive trip. I'd definitely consider that sort of proposal if you think it'd work for you and you want to incorporate some Disney into the proposal.
Charlzey89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDW Explorers View Post
If you are doing it onsite then always tell Disney - you never know what they have up their sleeve!

My boyfriend proposed to me in Florida last October. We had a really relaxing day then at 3pm we jumped into the car for a 'surprise'. He pulled up at the gate outside of the Grand Floridan and said we were checking in. I've always wanted to stay there and couldn't believe it. When we went to the check in desk the lady said we were staying there in a two bedroom suite at Club Level... he certainly didn't book that at over £2,000 a night -- He told Disney his plans when he booked the room and they surprised us!

I was so caught up in the moment I didn't even realise what he was about to do. He proposed in our suite before we went for an early dinner at Victoria and Alberts. We made it back to our room just in time to watch the Happily Ever After fireworks from our terrace. It was absolutely unbelievable and a total dream come true!

There is nothing more magical than a proposal in WDW!
And after all of that he’s still only your boyfriend? Seems harsh to turn him down after all the effort :p
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Discovery cove would be awesome, also maybe on one of the boats you can hire for fireworks (I think for Epcot illuminations?)
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My Fiance proposed last year at WDW. It was completely understated, but definitely more my kind of thing! I think I would have walked away from a big gesture!
He asked the question whilst we were at Sci-Fi. The only on site restaurant that I went to on my first trip as a kid. So it was understated but also meant a lot!

I think you just have to judge the situation, and the person and if big is there thing that definitely doesn't harm to tell Disney!

We only mentioned it after, and still got one meal comped off the bill and free desert... which neither of us could eat after being so nervous!

Make sure you pick up the badges too (if she says yes!) as people are always spreading the Disney magic!
Old 24 May 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Congratulations, hope you have a great time

My fiance proposed in WDW in 2016 inside of Cinderella's Castle at breakfast!

We was sat right at the front in the window looking down main street... We had a lovely breakfast and the CM's cleared the table away and he got down on one knee!
He did have to pay for this service, as afterwards we got keepsake champagne flutes, a Cinderella's slipper ornament and a pretty desert but it was the most magical moment of my life!