Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BeachBaby
Getting to know the DIBB

Cost of Direct Flights from London

Hi, I'm hoping to book to go to Disney World next August 2019 (Flying Fri 16/Sat 17/Sun 18) for 2 weeks and wanted to get an estimation of what the flights are going to cost (2 adults and 1 child aged 5). I've been looking at Norwegian Air, which I guess will be the cheapest but can anyone let me know what they have paid for economy direct flights in recent years in August. Thank you!
BeachBaby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

This thread might be helpful. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1048597

We decided in the end that flying on the direct flight to Fort Lauderdale worked out better (and added a couple of beach days before Orlando) Tampa is another option.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I was searching the same times for August 2018 from London as comparison for our flights in August 2019. You are right, the cheapest is Norwegian. BA was the only other airline that came in at under a grand a person. TC, Virgin and Thomson were all hovering around the £4,500 plus mark (that's for 2a and 2c). This is all direct flights btw.

I'm just very dubious booking Norwegian for 2019 in case they fold. There are a few other Dibbers who share similar concerns which seem to be based on the same article (in the Sunday Times I believe) about their levels of borrowing. If I was confident that if I booked them and they folded my travel insurance would pay out for the cost of booking new flights (rather than the cost of the Norwegian flights that I had booked) then I would consider flying with them because they have good reviews.

The only other downside with Norwegian is their flight times. They don't land at MCO until the evening (rather than mid afternoon like BA and Virgin) which means getting to your resort very late. This might not be an issue for some and it is balanced out by later flights home but personally I want to get there as soon as possible!

And incidentally I didn't find skyscanner to be any cheaper than booking direct with the airlines themselves. By the time you had added in the extras such as luggage and reserved seats the price was pretty much the same.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BeachBaby
Getting to know the DIBB

Thankyou, that thread has loads of info...and thanks WDWfangirl for your thoughts. I hadn't thought about Norwegian going bust, will do some research! We are pretty sure we want to fly direct to MCO, we definitely won't be doing a fly drive so flying in anywhere other than MCO isn't an option. This year we did BA, and last year we did Virgin, but we flew in Feb/March and the prices were much much cheaper!
Old 24 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BeachBaby
Getting to know the DIBB

I've just had a quick look at prices for this year, and TC is coming up at £2800 direct Gatwick-MCO for 2 adults 1 child. Cheaper than BA, which is just over 3K. It's cheaper to go from Stanstead. Though I'm kinda hoping to get 2 adults and 1 child closer to the £2k price for 2019...