Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
My friend is going to Orlando for her third time. It’s just her, her daughter and her husband but my point is when she goes she only goes to Disney and when I say only I mean it. She doesn’t leave site. Stays in the hotel and goes the parks and water parks. She doesn’t go to US or sea world etc doesn’t go to any malls or restaurants. It makes me so mad I realise it’s her holiday and her choice but I just want to grab her and say there is sooooo much more to see and do you are missing out on so much. Does this (or would this) annoy anyone else?
Doesn't annoy me at all, and where would you stop...

So much more to Orlando than just Disney
So much more to Florida than just Orlando
So much more to the US than just Orlando
So much more to the world than just the US

It's her holiday let her do it her way
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I guess we must be the absolute opposites then. Haven't been to a theme park since 2010 but have visited Florida maybe at least a dozen times since.

Some people may say why don't you just fly 2 hours and sit on a beach in Benidorm? Because there's so much more we now like about the Sunshine State.

Mick
Old 24 May 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

My friend is going to Orlando for her third time. It’s just her, her daughter and her husband but my point is when she goes she only goes to Disney and when I say only I mean it. She doesn’t leave site. Stays in the hotel and goes the parks and water parks. She doesn’t go to US or sea world etc doesn’t go to any malls or restaurants. It makes me so mad I realise it’s her holiday and her choice but I just want to grab her and say there is sooooo much more to see and do you are missing out on so much. Does this (or would this) annoy anyone else?
Why on earth would this annoy you. It is their holiday, and surely they can do what they wish and enjoy.
There are lots on here only really go to Florida while there is a big wide world out there. People make their own choices and we have no right to judge them.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Doesn't annoy me at all, and where would you stop...

So much more to Orlando than just Disney
So much more to Florida than just Orlando
So much more to the US than just Orlando
So much more to the world than just the US

It's her holiday let her do it her way
Much better articulated than my post.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

No I agree with that completely what makes me mad is I just want her to try it if she hates the malls and IOA etc at least she can say it’s not for me. I hate that she’s missing out on so much more but like you said her holiday her choice
But what is it to do with you?
Old 24 May 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

When other people pay for my holidays they get a say and vice versa. Since I will not be paying for anyone else's holidays anytime soon, I couldn't give a rats behind what they do
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We all like different things in life, my ideal holiday may be someone's version of hell but do I care? Life is way too short to even be concerned with someone else or what they're up to.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

I find outside the parks that Orlando is quite an ugly area and the shopping doesn’t appeal at all. Apart from her not doing any other parks I totally empathise with your friend.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most people only visit Orlando for the parks and nothing else.

Americans fly in to MCO, catch the magic express to Disney, stay on site for 4 nights and go home!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

wouldnt annoy me

some folk as you say spend 2 weeks in disney, personally i would be ready to kill after about 2 days but each to their own...

we went AI in Turkey one year and only left the hotel once in 2 weeks to goto the chemist opposite...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List