Notices

Old 2 Apr 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
How have I missed this? It sounds like an amazing trip! Naples looks gorgeous. Glad you got a bargain on the car! You've totally sold me on Cowfish too, I think we'll be giving that a go this year, if only for the tuna starter! Although I do fancy taking that burger on...

Good luck with the wedding planning, sounds like a great TR in the works.
Ah The Cowfish - that burger has become something of a legend in our house! Definitely worth a visit but make sure you don't eat a big lunch beforehand

Thanks for reading
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Sounds amazing, can't wait to read along, congratulations on the wedding.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Have enjoyed reading your other reports so looking forward to reading this after your trip.
Has Phil ever thought of adding a beer review on all the different brews along on the way?

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Sounds amazing, can't wait to read along, congratulations on the wedding.
Thank you - it is getting a bit scarily close now!

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Have enjoyed reading your other reports so looking forward to reading this after your trip.
Has Phil ever thought of adding a beer review on all the different brews along on the way?

Thanks for reading

Phil did a little 'review' after our first trip, which you can read here:

https://DIBB.in/9293695

I'm sure he'll be happy to add his thoughts on the beer - especially as we are heading down to the Gulf Coast and there will hopefully be new beers to sample!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 12/04/2017

Is it me, or as the holiday gets closer, the days seem to drag even more and more?! Counting down to our 'double digit' day, which is two weeks away! I also have a cheeky trip to Disneyland Paris in July with the kids at school. Oh and there is a small matter of a wedding dress which I don't quite have yet...!

Argh!

T-Shirts!

So, couple of little things. For my birthday Phil bought me a t-shirt for our trip!

Love it

He also wants me to design MATCHING T-SHIRTS for our drinking around the world quest! This is hilarious because he was always like 'You'd never get me in a matching t-shirt/shoot me if I suggest wearing one' before!

He also wants us to get the Mr&Mrs. ears to wear as well!

Ahem!

Photos

Those of you that have followed my previous trip report will know that I love to take photographs. In between our second and third trips I upgraded from a point and shoot to a Panasonic Lumix FZ200, which is a bridge camera. I've started to be a bit less trigger happy with the camera and actually started to try and teach myself to use it properly rather than just relying on the 'auto' mode. The camera generally takes great pictures on it's own but I've found a lot of them come out a bit dark unless the lighting conditions are perfect? In the process of trying to find out how to use the camera properly I discovered a great free instruction manual online by a guy called Graham Houghton - he also has a really informative YouTube channel. With a bit more information I realised that to get some of the shots I had in mind I'd also need some filters for the camera. So mostly this week I've been looking into that and I think I have a set of filters in mind to buy now. I hope it will really pay off, particularly with some shots of I've got in mind for our trip down to Naples and Key West. I've been out practising using it and I've been pretty pleased with some of the shots I've got:

In the meantime to keep myself busy I've been editing some photos I've taken on previous trips. I don't have access to Photoshop (plus I don't know how to use it anyway! ) so I've been using the basic photo editor on my MacBook. Here is an original photo:

Then this is my edited one:

A few more of my edited shots:

Packing Cubes

Of course, being addicted to The Dibb I avidly read the thread on packing cubes and decided to invest in some! I got a cheap set from Amazon just to give them a go:

Then I was talking to Phil about them and he said he'd like some too! So I ordered him some in grey. At Christmas I found my stuff all got creased and mixed up so I'm hoping this will keep it a bit more organised? I am going to have a cube for our two days at Universal, a cube for stuff I am JUST going to wear at WDW and then the others will be organised into types of clothes. I preparation I've been watching videos on the konmari packing methods as well - the things we find ourselves doing for our holidays! Mind you, I do feel this was *marginally* less sad than when I watched people on YouTube filling the trunks of their Mustang Convertible - I was trying to work out how much space there will be!

I, of course, will be rocking the Disney suitcases (the smaller one being my hand luggage):

Phil usually takes a big suitcase and a rucksack but he is thinking of getting a little suitcase for his hand luggage as well.

Thanks for reading
Old 15 Apr 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

All your plans sound great... except for the no wedding dress... looking forward to reading more!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
All your plans sound great... except for the no wedding dress... looking forward to reading more!
I am not stressed about the wedding dress ...yet!

Thanks for reading
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I didn't get my wedding dress until about 2 months before I got married so you've got looooooads of time yet!

Have just ordered a set of those packing cubes, thanks for alerting me as to their cheapness!

I love that Phil has agreed to matching tshirts and the Mr & Mrs ears
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
He also wants me to design MATCHING T-SHIRTS for our drinking around the world quest! This is hilarious because he was always like 'You'd never get me in a matching t-shirt/shoot me if I suggest wearing one' before!

He also wants us to get the Mr&Mrs. ears to wear as well!
I think Phil may have been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with an impostor
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh gosh I agree the fewer days countdown the longer it seems to be! Great update love the cases
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List