Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 May 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve used them with no issues
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If I put my points up for rent my contract will be clear:

1. If cancelled due to renter just cancelling would move booking if possible but no refund.
2. If cancelled due to hotel being shut or flights not possible would move booking if possible, if impossible would refund apart from my dues (about $6.70 a point).
3. I will fully inform the renter when booking which points I’m using so they know if they can be banked if cancels early enough, know all deadlines, know about booking windows so it is an open transaction and they can see all deadlines when I’d lose the points, not likely be able to book etc.
That's a very fair contract for both parties.

Your point two is very interesting and highlights something which a renter might not be aware of, varying resort dues.

In your case you would refund less your SSR dues of about $6.70 a point, so if you had rented at $16.00 you would return $9.30 per point.

Whereas if we were to rent our Vero Beach points then as our dues are $10.12 a point we would only be refunding $5.82 per point.

So something else a renter should be considering.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Forgot to make clear that when going through an agent like David's then you don't have direct contact with the owner so you might not know if the points you are renting are banked, borrowed or when their use-year starts.

Plus if you do have to cancel it would be so much easier to work directly with the owner, especially a Dibber rather than via the agent.

Anyway, the savings you quote are amazing, I didn't realise you could save so much, was that like for like so the same room category at AKV?

By the way, I'm not a past or current Dibb renter.

Happy planning for your AKV holiday.
Thanks for this, it’s an Ak Villa studio at Jambo house or Kidani village. The rooms on the Disney site are standard so think in main building?

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Completely aside from the coronavirus hassle, we had a disappointing and frustrating experience with David's DVC Rentals last year. We were trying to book 14 days at 6 months out, so fairly last minute. I had everything sorted out and what we wanted was available, only for them to email me back and say they didn't have enough points to book it so we went on a waiting list. After a few days they emailed back to say they had the points now, but a few of our nights were no longer available. Further emailing back and forth to come up with a new way to cover the 14 days - by the time we'd finalized this 48 hours later, they no longer had the points for us, we had to go back on a waiting list, and a day later, additional nights had sold out.

By then I'd had enough, and contacted a private Dibber here and got the rental sorted within 3 hours. It was far easier and way less hassle doing it direct than with David - I also found with them that the communication was annoying at times, as they were in Canada so the different time zone meant that they couldn't always reply to me quickly, or I didn't see their responses until the next morning.

You'd probably avoid a lot of this annoyance by not booking so close out - but as we were at 6 months out, they could have used any points to book our stays, they didn't need to be a specific home resort stay, so it caught me totally by surprise that they didn't have enough points in their inventory!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

David has no points. All he does is match up those that have them that want to rent them out and those that was to pay for them.

On a couple of occasions with Dibbers I have made speculative bookings first while we are conversing, to lock the booking in then amended the fine detail later. One of the downsides with Davids is that 3 way conversation when sometimes speed is the most important thing.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reneejbeatte View Post
Thanks for this, it’s an Ak Villa studio at Jambo house or Kidani village. The rooms on the Disney site are standard so think in main building?
You can pick either. Kidani is all DVC- AKV is in the old hotel building which was half converted into DVC. For 1 beds I picked Kidani as they are bigger with 2 bathrooms. For a studio I would probably go for the main building, but Kidani is very nice in itself.
Distance between the two:

Old 24 May 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

For the first time I booked the whole trip this year with Davids DVCs and for Boardwalk.
Previously only ever rented one or two nights so never been an issue.

I know I am not getting a refund, this has been made clear in emails from them when I have queried it, I was just quoted the 'you booked knowing it was non-refundable'

The fact I booked last year and covid-19 had never happened I thought I'd be safe.

Well, turns out I'm going to be massively out of pocket, so I will NEVER use them again!

Cannot believe how unhelpful they have been with their don't care attitude.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
David’s has always up until the Covid issue had a stellar reputation.
He’s been put in a very difficult position and given vouchers when it’s legally questionable if he has to do anything given he is just a facilitator. Jury is out on that.
So he’s come under massive flack, and I understand may have now changed the contracts to mean owners renting have to refund monies in a similar situation in future but it’s just what I’ve read others saying- I haven’t seen it myself.
Renting DVC points offers large savings usually over booking certain hotels in particular, cash. But you need to make sure you are covered until Covid is hopefully a memory.
Then again booking anything is risky at the mo, which means normally falling back on credit card chargebacks at the moment.
You are correct. The new rental contract has a clause which includes acts of God, epidemic and pandemics which requires renters to be refunded in full.
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Taken from Dave’s new rental agreement.
In the event of a Force Majeure (as defined in this paragraph), each party shall be excused from any future performance of obligations under this agreement; provided, however that if Intermediary has paid 70% of the funds collected for the reservation from Guest to DVC Owner pursuant to 4(f) of this Agreement, DVC Owner will return to Intermediary the full amount it has already received from Intermediary, as soon as is reasonably possible after the conditions(s) constituting the Force Majeure event is/are notified by Intermediary to DVC Owner. A Force Majeure is an event beyond the Intermediary’s reasonable control which renders performance of a rental reservation with respect to DVC Owner’s rented points impossible or substantially impaired, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, embargoes, war, riot, epidemic, pandemic, natural disaster, governmental order restrictions and Disney Vacation Club closures or cancellation of reservations.
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
For the first time I booked the whole trip this year with Davids DVCs and for Boardwalk.
Previously only ever rented one or two nights so never been an issue.

I know I am not getting a refund, this has been made clear in emails from them when I have queried it, I was just quoted the 'you booked knowing it was non-refundable'

The fact I booked last year and covid-19 had never happened I thought I'd be safe.

Well, turns out I'm going to be massively out of pocket, so I will NEVER use them again!

Cannot believe how unhelpful they have been with their don't care attitude.
Sorry to hear this- not good at all, think I may stick direct with Disney for the forseeable 😢

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List