Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 09, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

The cabins with or without baths are very rustic in Curry Village and we enjoyed our two nights there back in 2006. A lot of people suggest staying out of the park from a money saving point of view, but for me, the thrill is waking up in Yosemite and having the entire park waiting to be explored.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
roonlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sage View Post
We're staying at Tenaya Lodge in July this year, what did you think of it? We'll only be there for a couple of nights.

Thanks!
We loved it, it's really pretty and nice and secluded, but close enough to the main park. We also only had two nights there as well but managed to see most of the sites of Yosemite. Best bit is the stars at night, they go on and on, which is greatly enjoyed sitting by the lodges fire pit! Have a brilliant time!
roonlou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by roonlou View Post
We loved it, it's really pretty and nice and secluded, but close enough to the main park. We also only had two nights there as well but managed to see most of the sites of Yosemite. Best bit is the stars at night, they go on and on, which is greatly enjoyed sitting by the lodges fire pit! Have a brilliant time!
It was the first time in my life that I had ever seen a shooting star.Quite breath taking. Also we were there during a full moon.The granite cliffs glow in a weird way, like grey silver.

I can't remember the name of the restaurant complex opposite the lodge. The bar lounge had an open fire which we sat around late into the night drinking coffee.

Just googled it - the Mountain Room Restaurant - views of the 2,400 feet high falls.
Old 31 May 09, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Like Galaxy we stayed at the Lodge. From our front door we had the most amazing view of Yosemite falls. It was October and they had had snow on the tops. Some had melted and thus the waterfall was in full flood. By our back door patio we had little deer come visit and one night we came back to find a very determined racoon with his arm down a tube of Pringles. (Somebody had left trash out - a BIG no! no!) We dined at the Ahwahnee Hotel one night and I so want to stay there on a future trip. I know the USA has the Grand Canyon (which we've visted) and Yellowstone and many other great national parks but Yosemite is just so, so beautiful. My thanks to John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt for saving it not just for America but for the world to enjoy.

That darn racoon:
Haha that racoon made me laugh, great pictures thanks much got me really excited now! Going to book it all this week, just recovering from being out in the sun all day! How hot! x
Old 31 May 09, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

We visited Yosemite last May, and had a fantastic time.

P.S. Watch out for the bears!
I am really nervous about the bears! App, if you leave a tiny bit of food in the car they wrench the door off!

Try and take that back to Dollar!
Old 31 May 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
ooh that will be great, i would have loved to added a couple of nights here onto our trip but we won't have the time and i want to go back to the west coast at some point to see San Francisco so will go then, it looks beautiful
And go and continue your PTR
Apologies i struggled with Photoshop, getting pics from like google to photoshop? and then the sun came out so thought it would be rude not to sunbathe!
Old 31 May 09, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I am really nervous about the bears! App, if you leave a tiny bit of food in the car they wrench the door off!
I'd be nervous that there are no doors on the tents but I still want to do the camping next year
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Try and take that back to Dollar!
Most of them are tagged (GPS -wise)so they know where they are at any given time. However, they do have an incredible sense of smell. If you left a chocolate wrapper in car they could smell it 3 miles away.
If they still have it, they show a video in the info centre where one bear had worked out that if he made a noise by breaking glass men came and took him away. So when he "did" cars he learned that if he pulled out the rubber seal around the windscreen it would fall inside with very little noise.
As I say bears are nowhere near the valley floor these days so have no fears.
Old 31 May 09, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Thanks, it's reassuring to know you liked it! Roll on 24th July when we fly out!
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 09, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Apologies i struggled with Photoshop, getting pics from like google to photoshop? and then the sun came out so thought it would be rude not to sunbathe!
haha i'll forgive as it has been such a gorgeous weekend
to get the pics from google just right click on the picture save it to your computer and upload it to photobucket as you would normally with a picture of your own
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread