Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Behave ! .. you really are too kind .. I think I might have put the best photo of me all holiday on this pre trip report haha !

I know I am sooooo excited less than 18 months to go for us waaaaaaaa! I am hoping to have a little update next weekend
xx
Don't tell me... The chocolate digestives worked! Lol
Old 2 Jun 13, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welovepedro View Post
Don't tell me... The chocolate digestives worked! Lol
mwahaha ! ... still half a pack left at the moment lol

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 13, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Looking forward to a new wee update from ya!

Also, yes... Flights we got for £662 return, they worked out at £662 for people staying 1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks and 18 days. They said the usual spiel like "Airlines not confirmed can't confirm it until 11 months out blah blah", but we all know it'll be Virgin. I dunno if flight prices go up or down over time but its okay I guess, it worked out not too bad.
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i198g View Post
Looking forward to a new wee update from ya!

Also, yes... Flights we got for £662 return, they worked out at £662 for people staying 1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks and 18 days. They said the usual spiel like "Airlines not confirmed can't confirm it until 11 months out blah blah", but we all know it'll be Virgin. I dunno if flight prices go up or down over time but its okay I guess, it worked out not too bad.
How exciting ! I can not wait to get our flights booked as will feel really real then Looking forward to doing a little update as I have not given it much love recently . I think for your peace of mind and for the ease of having everything booked in one place you have a very good price I am just a typical tight Yorkshire lass hoping I can get a bit cheaper ( if I hold my nerve until 11 months)

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hi Lauren!

Loving the pre-trip report so far - we are going at a similar time to you guys - oct/nov 2014, so have also got a loooong wait as well - currently dropping by pre-trippies that are similar dates to soak up more excitement. You are far more organised though! Hope you've got your SSR sorted now?

I am originally from up north (and also 26 now - turning 28 out there - weird much!) so get the lunch = dinner, dinner = tea though i've been brainwashed and my original darlingtonian ways are slowly becoming southern ack!

Will be subscribing to keep up to date over the next 18 months (and i think i'll be giving your last trip report a read as well!). xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Hi Lauren!

Loving the pre-trip report so far - we are going at a similar time to you guys - oct/nov 2014, so have also got a loooong wait as well - currently dropping by pre-trippies that are similar dates to soak up more excitement. You are far more organised though! Hope you've got your SSR sorted now?

I am originally from up north (and also 26 now - turning 28 out there - weird much!) so get the lunch = dinner, dinner = tea though i've been brainwashed and my original darlingtonian ways are slowly becoming southern ack!

Will be subscribing to keep up to date over the next 18 months (and i think i'll be giving your last trip report a read as well!). xx
THank you for reading I loved your last TR ! SSR is still not sorted but to be honest I think we are happy with POFQ. Patrick is a big NFL fan and loves the New Orleans theming and still have the boat to DTD. Awwww another original northerner .. love it How great having your birthday out there ! I turned 27 last week and had a mini melt down at being the wrong side of 25
Glad to have you along and I am sure our countdowns will whitle down in no time ! xx

Old 6 Jun 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EnchantedRose
slightly serious Dibber

Loved reading this! I need to read your full trip report from the first trip... I never got round to writing mine... it's still on the 'to do' list along with also making a scrap book... :/ oh dear.

Anywho, you've made me uber excited xxx

Florida 2012 - Trip Report
DLP 2007, 2014, 2016 WDW 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 DL California 2010, DCL 2017
EnchantedRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 13, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EnchantedRose View Post
Loved reading this! I need to read your full trip report from the first trip... I never got round to writing mine... it's still on the 'to do' list along with also making a scrap book... :/ oh dear.

Anywho, you've made me uber excited xxx
Look at your countdown ! Thank you for reading hun xx

Old 6 Jun 13, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

UPDATE ONE

So it has been a good month or so since we made our first step towards going back to our happy place a reality and what has happened since then ?

I started my new role at work as manager and I am now happily settled in to that and very appreciative of the extra funds for Florida !

I celebrated my 27th Birthday with my family in a lovely executive lodge at Center Parcs , Whinfell. It was so nice to get away and relax for a while , the weather was simply beautiful which certainly helps !

I have also been hiding a little surprise can can now share my excitement with you dibbers... We are going to DLP in Dec WAAAHHHOOO ! I booked this as a Birthday present for Patrick and intended telling him in EOS when we go to London for the day in June , how amazing would that have been? well.. I couldn't hold my water and just HAD to tell him oopps ahhh well! After the initial shock and the ' That money could have gone to Florida' chat we are now both very excited , if not a little scared as we are committing the unthinkable : DLP in Dec over a weekend by coach! It was the only way we could do it and with some military planning ( thank you Karen ) I am sure we will be fine . The main purpose was so that we will be in DLP with 365 days to go before Florida and it will also be a year since our last trip Christmas time will never be the same again ha !

Well I suppose I better get on with holiday related updates as this is a pre-trip report !
After lots of toying back and forth with other resorts after the SSR saga ( including WL , thanks to a certain dibber ) we have now decided POFQ will 100% be our 'Home' . I decided to upgrade the room to a king bed , mainly due to the fact that many of these seem to be river views and many are the coveted corner rooms . I am now sure this is the place for us . We both love the theme of the resort and the boat to DTD is a massive pull ! I am also looking forward to making some smores round the camp fire and maybe a little carriage ride?

I have also been able to confirm our I drive hotel this month and we now have 10 nights booked at the Rosen Inn , Pointe Orlando. A split stay is just perfect for us and we are already salivating at the menus for the amazing off site eats we can have !

After reading a few trip reports we have decided to book Dine with Shamu and the Up close penguin tour at Sea World . These are both things we haven't looked at before but both seem great value so they will be getting booked

Being the planning freak I am , I have also confirmed our room at the Radisson for the night before our flight. I get an amazing rate at this hotel for working in the industry and they are often limited to the amount they offer ..early bid catches the worm ! The hotel is going through a big refurbishment so I am excited to see what it will be like

My spread sheet is now looking pretty colourful and I am starting to worry I wont have much left to plan soon … ohh well I will just have to concentrate on the finer details , well it is less than 18 months until we go

I have a busy Summer coming up , including my first ever Dibb meet in Manchester which I am really looking forward to , a day trip to London , Bruce Springsteen in July and I am going on a lovely Hen weekend to Portugal so it will be September before I know it !

Thank you for reading and I will post with any updates

BOOKED ( all prices are for two )
POFQ , DDP , King Room, $200 gift card & 14 day tickets £1600
Rosen Inn @ PO £332
Universal , Sea World , Busch Gardens & Aquatica tickets £ 428
Radisson UK £BARGAIN booked through work
Insurance – Free for both of us through work

STILL TO BOOK
Flights – Bookable from Jan
Universal one night – Keeping my eye on prices
Taxi to Manchester – Book in Dec
ESTAS – Mid 2014
Eat and Play card – Mid 2014
MVMCP- May 2013
Dine with Shamu – 2014
Up close Penguins – 2014
DC – Budget dependant

Old 6 Jun 13, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I missed that you started this! And loving your update

Cant believe how organised you are. We want to go next November and so far I have done nothing so im well jealous of all your planning!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List