Notices

Old 3 Jul 13, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Here we go again Kate, I have buckled up for the ride.
Now will you hurry up and go on holiday, then it will be my turn!

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post

Now, waiting patiently ..ish ... for the next installment! What's the compromise? Where are you staying?
All will become clear... I promise!

Just off to an afternoon of District Sports, so I'll try and dedicate some of tomorrow to Part 2!

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
gotta love a compromise

Had to laugh as my first thought with the winnebago was Modern Family, and lo and behold Phil appeared

Can identify so much with what you were saying about Isabel. my youngest Ffion has been working hard throughout the year with sats as her school want to maintain their outstanding status. She's here now on the wii practicing her dance routine for the leaver's assembly in a couple of weeks (some of them are dancing to scissor sisters I don't feel like dancing - goodness knows what else we are going to be entertained with ). Can't quite believe that the primary school bubble is about to burst

look forward to hearing more of your plans
Oh bless Ffion! Thank goodness those exams are over and done with and they at least get to enjoy a bit of fun now eh?!

I know, I'm really not ready in the slightest for Isabel to finish at school, it's racing around all too quickly now and I'm turning into a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment - I must be such a hoot to live with, Cliff is sooo lucky!

Hehe glad you liked the Phil Dunphy picture! I Phil!

Thank you for joining me! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Kate!

PHIL'S-OSOPHY...The book that all men should be issued as soon as they hit 16 ...Itd make life soooooo much easier !...My favourite Dunphy creation is his alter ego Clive Bixby complete with turtle neck sweater..that guy is cool epitomised

Dont put yourself under any pressure regarding your trippy after all a holiday is supposed to be relaxing isnt it ! ( we sometimes can be a selfish lot , expecting marathon posts etc..)...enjoy your daughters last few weeks of primary school , its a momentus event which is very stressful & I didnt even have to order a pink stretch limo....so dont worry about the pre-trippy..itll be a great read no matter & dont worry about topping previous trip reports...go and have fun with your family ( remember no Florida in 2014 after all )..and look out for Cleetus !

Take care and have a stress free few weeks before the madness begins !

Dave
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kaneo20
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Hi Kate,
Loved your last report. Great pictures and well done on convincing Cliff.

We keep looking at other trips but Florida just suits us so well at the moment, I'm sure we too will do other things as the girls get older but I'm with you that no whereelse gives quite the same combination.
Hi Kate,I have really really enjoyed all your trippies,you just remind me of me,We have two daughters albeit a little older Lauren 18 and Emily 15,We first went to Florida In 2008 then 2010 and go again this October, as i write this we are now in Double figures woop woop , Last year we went to Turkey and i know it sounds really ungrateful there we were on a lovely beach, paul and i looked at each other and said but its just not FLORIDA so we are going again, the girls still love it,We are flying from Orlando to New York for three nights four days on this trip and driving to Miami for one night two days,doing discovery cove, Magic Kingdom,Sea world,Aquatica and Anna maria Island different to our other stays in Orlando,Still staying in a villa on Highland reserve sooooo looking forward to this trip,Lauren goes on her first girlie holiday next week eeeeeeek i feel sick to Malia just want it over with lol,
I have been checking to see if you put trippie on for August and last night i shouted to Paul yay u had put it on read parts out to him which we laughed out loud at,So happy for you that Cliff came round to your way of thinking,its a place that just draws us back and paul said on our first trip i was so happy all two weeks which i was,

I love the family time in the Villa like yourselves and agree that some of the best nights are later in the evening drinking a glass of wine munching on crisps and talking about the day.

Your family look lovely and can tell like us you are very close i look forward to your next read but understand that doing the Trippies must take up so much time but i really look forward to reading them,

take care fiona xx
kaneo20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Great read! Not long to go now at all, we're off in August also! Will keep an eye out for the next installment!
Old 3 Jul 13, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my gosh, a new trip report How exciting, the plans sound awesome, and something I'd love to do.
Can't wait to hear more and read a long xx
Old 3 Jul 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

Fantastic start your going to be there at same time as us... not sure I can manage to do such a great job with the trippy tho :-)
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving the pre-trippie! Looking forward to reading more xx
Old 3 Jul 13, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Hi Kate, not long finished your last one and glad you've started this one. Brilliant compromise And three weeks...fab
Oh dear, I totally wasn't clear in that introduction was I?!

Whilst I was trying to lure Cliff into a tempting Florida holiday with the idea of three weeks of travelling round the state, what he actually agreed to was the usual 2 weeks (although I did manage to swindle an extra night! ) in the end! Sorry, I'm a bit overwhelmed with end-of-term chaos at the moment and I think my writing/posts are clearly suffering as a result!

I shall try to do better in my next post!

Thank you for joining me!
Old 3 Jul 13, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pghm View Post
Hello again Kate,

3 Weeks in our favourite place,we are soooooooooo jealous
Really looking forward to another installment of your travels,loved how you and the girls wore Cliff down with all the Disney talk and cuddly toys etc,and at least you have let him do some planning this time or have you?
Space Mountain beckons for the pair of you,but no Ohana I hope!

Like you,I can't believe my little girl is starting High School in 8 weeks time,where have the years gone.

Regards,
Glyn,

PS:You're correct as it being The Garden Grill for our sig pic,even though I didn't know it at the time I love how the mountain is framed,also unlike in 09,Harriet is now way too cool to give her brother a Hug!
Hi Glyn

Oops See above reply to previous poster for explanation on my misleading comments! I'm such a plonker!

Oh I know just how you feel about 'big school'! Isabel has the first of two induction days tomorrow at secondary school and I'm starting to get that sick feeling in my tummy at the moment!

Anyway, thank you for joining me on a new trippy, hopefully future posts will be slightly more accurate!

Originally Posted by Debsc1 View Post
Hi Kate

Wow I recognise so much of us in your trippy! DH can't do Orlando for more than a week, so we always do a split holiday now. We go to the coast as he and DS fish, and I can chill by the villa pool and spend his money in the malls plus we get to spend a bit of time on the beach. But in previous years we have done 5 nights in LV and Flagstaff/Grand Canyon. Oh yes I have the photos in the helecopter . We found loads to do with DS (then 6) in LV, he loved the Cirque show we went to, and Hoover Dam (probably something to do with Transformers ) but like you say 3 days is probably more than enough time there. We have also discussed a road trip in an RV, but I don't think it would be much fun with a 4 year old ... are we nearly there yet

I am struggling big time with my baby going to school this year I can't believe she is starting reception, and I know it is going to be even worse because I will have spent two whole precious Florida weeks with her beforehand. So I know how you feel about Isabel.

Looking forward to reading your next instalment and thanks for finding the time to post seeing you have only 39 days to go!
Hi Debbie

Wow your trips sound fabulous! I do know that there's a whole big world out there to go explore, so I keep thinking that maybe Cliff's right and this should be our last WDW holiday for a year or two!

Oh goodness, it only seems like yesterday that Isabel was four years old and grasping hold of my hand as I walked her into her first morning of Reception! I'd give anything to rewind the clock at the moment! Those years will go so quickly, so make the most of them while you can!

Thank you for reading along sweetie, I do appreciate you stopping by!