Notices

Old 5 Feb 14, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
So ADRs... Last time we upgraded from QSDP to DDP as the girls wanted to do a few character meals, and there were also some places that I liked the sound of from various trip reports, so it worked out cheaper to just upgrade.

We did character breakfasts at Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, 'Ohana, Akershus, and 1900 Park Fayre, and evening meals at Captain's Grille, Raglan Rd, Sci-Fi diner, le Cellier, Rainforest Cafe. Plus we had the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine and also went to Mickey's backyard BBQ (the less said about that the better. Awful experience ). We really enjoyed most of the meals last time but it does tie up your day a bit, plus because I didn't really know the distances between everywhere I did have us going in opposite directions some days with restaurants and parks. So we decided this year we would just stick with the QSDP and book a couple of ADRs too. But where? Well that's where the fun started as we all had different favourites from last time . I really liked Captain's Grille but recent reports haven't been quite so favourable. Seeing as we are actually paying this time I don't want to risk it not being as good as I remembered. Rob liked breakfast at 'Ohanas (Lilo and Stitch were such fun), Georgina loved the cheese soup at Le Cellier and Ffion's favourite was Sci- Fi diner. After much discussion we (ie. me )have decided we should do something completely different this time. On our last day in 2011 we had booked a lunchtime character meal at Crystal Palace, which we ended up cancelling as Rob panicked that we wouldn't have enough time and end up missing the Magical Express (instead we sat at POFQ for ages waiting for it to pick us up. Could probably have walked to MK and back in the time we had ). Georgina was really upset we cancelled as she hadn't seen Eeyore all holiday and really wanted his autograph. So this year we are definitely going to Crystal Palace, and not on the last day ha ha. The other ADR is going to be dinner at 'Ohana. Photos of the food always look yummy but because Ffion is such a fussy eater (she has recently added cheese on toast to her list of "yes I can eat that". The rest of the list is basically chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pepperoni pizza, rice and sugarsnap peas ), I didn't think there was any point us eating there. But after reading theBeasts's amazing trip report I have discovered you can order chicken nuggets and chips. Result. So 'Ohana's is on the list - yay I can book the ADRs on 24th Feb. May have to take the iPad to work on that day!

I also have a must-do with the QS meals - Yak & Yeti. Don't think I've seen a bad word said about the food there ever. Mmmm orange chicken...

Ffion will probably have another one of these

And of course there has to be room for a Dole Whip

Not thought too much about eating whilst we're at HRH so that can be an update all of its own. Any suggestions welcome

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 03:39 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just realised I forgot one important part of the last update.

Be Our Guest ... how on earth could I forget that one This meal will be more about the setting than the food, so will try and get a lunchtime booking. I think I can book that at 60 days?

It looks so beautifully themed - can't wait

vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yum! Great update! Weve only done DDP once but we did do Ohanas (tip: hold out for meat - they tend to pile the non meaty stuff in buckets on you first! ) it's such fun and you can watch wishes after from the beach (if they still do that with the build underway..?) I don't know if you like cocktails but Lapu Lapu in the pineapple is so good!

We ate lunch twice at BoG last year but we just queued. The queues look massive but they move really fast as its huge. If its hot they give out umbrellas for shade and iced water. You can book a FP for it though, which I'd recommend, I don't know if these pop up at 60 days or later though I know they are done on a separate link though then appear in MDE. Think there's a few threads on it about. We loved BoG though, the food is so good and brilliant for a counter service, it really feels like you are in a table service and how they serve you is really clever. You'll have a fab time it's a stunning place!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 14, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Kel. The lapu lapu definitely has to be sampled - looks rather yum love the bit about holding out for the meat

I like the idea of watching wishes from the beach after so will try and book a time that links in. We never saw the electric water pageant last time either so hopefully we can hang around and catch that too.

Have had a look at some of the BoG threads. Looks like you can book the FP about a month before, so I'll keep an eye on that.

Hope you and mini alkel doing ok (I'm in team pink btw )

Old 10 Feb 14, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I love the water pageant! It's really cute. The beach area is lovely too and they do the movies before wishes, it's a nice way to round off your evening. The Lapu Lapu is fabulous! It's very strong though! I had two, stupidly, and regretted my 2nd one!

Im good thanks and mini Alkel seems ok! I think, but am not 100% sure, that I'm feeling movement. It's sort of like flipping, bubbling and at times a bit like a sharp jab, it's a bit weird to describe! I felt it last night in bed. I'm 18 weeks 3 days now. 3 weeks until we find out what team! I'm convinced its team pink too, I'd be shocked if we were in blue! I have awful heartburn too and everyone is like "it's definitely a girl then!" Haha.

Looking forward to your next pre trip instalment!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 14, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
This has nothing to do with my pre-trippy, but look ... 8 lovely silver ears

Lol - easily pleased

Old 14 Feb 14, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Oh Vanessa, only just noticed this. So glad you're doing a trippy. It's nice to put a face to you xx
welovepedro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by welovepedro View Post
Oh Vanessa, only just noticed this. So glad you're doing a trippy. It's nice to put a face to you xx
Thanks Laura about time you started your pre-trip I think

Old 17 Feb 14, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
This time next week I will hopefully have booked my ADRs (all 2 of them ).

Can't believe there are just 6 months to go now

Old 25 Feb 14, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Yay - ADRs (all 2 of them ) booked.

'Ohanas booked for 8:05pm on our first day at Disney,

Looking foward to trying some of this

Definitely some of this

And one of these

and Crystal Palace breakfast booked for a few days later. So hopefully this time we will get to see these guys

Had no problem booking 'Ohana through the MDE app, but kept getting a blip error message for Crystal Palace so in the end tried logging in through the website and it all worked fine through there. Had a panic as it didn't like my mobile number, but, as usual, a quick search on the dibb and it was all fixed (leave off the leading 0)

Am so pleased to have booked them, and at pretty much the times I wanted, although would have liked 'Ohanas a tad earlier, but Wishes is at 10pm that night so should hopefully be enough time. I just need to keep fingers crossed that the building work at the Poly won't mean the beach is closed.

Thanks for reading

Update - see posts 82/85. Now cancelled due to change in menu (booked character breakfast there instead)

Edited at 07:14 PM.