Imagineer

Just spotted this!
So pleased that you are going back : )
Your plans sound fab!
You learn so much from each trip.
Looking forward to hearing more.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lottie89
Imagineer

One year to go!

Wow, I remember writing this same post in 2012 about our last trip. It felt like an actual lifetime away at that point, but seeing how quickly the year has gone since we returned, I'm actually feeling like the holiday isn't too far away this time! I am trying not to wish my life away but you know how it is...

So a year today we'll be heading to the Premier Inn at Gatwick. Admittedly we actually fly a year tomorrow, but to all intents and purposes the holiday starts as soon we walk out of the office that afternoon.

We haven't booked anything else yet, although my finger has hovered over the 'buy now' button for our Annual Pass about 10 times since payday. We've also looked at the menus for pretty much every restaurant in Orlando, and have basically got our ADR list ready for October, keen beans that we are. This may change as I keep an eye on the Disney Food Blog, but for now I'm happy with our choices. I won't list them all out as I think that food deserves its own post, but it's a mixture of newbies and favourites from last time ('Ohana get in ma bellah).

I've triple crunched the numbers for all of the restaurants we want to eat at, and while I think it's going to bit a little bit jarring paying with actual money instead of credits, I'm still sure that TiW with a room discount is the way forward vs. free DDP. Anyway, it's all done with a Magic Band regardless so it's not like we'll be handing over actual cash.

However, this does not mean I won't be crunching the numbers yet again (good job I love maths) when the free dining offers are released next week, just to be sure.

I can't really see it working for us as we're booking a split stay, but at least it gives me some kind of planning to do while we patiently(ish) wait until we're 11 months out!

Oh, we've also decided that we're probably not going to do DIY at all, but we'll be using Erin at Travel on a Dream for pretty much everything. American TAs are so different - she will regularly check for discounts for us and automatically apply them to our booking. It's not like here where they make you cancel and rebook with an admin fee. This means I can put down a deposit with Erin for the hotels (including Hard Rock) as soon as the prices are released, and we are pretty much guaranteed the lowest price available during the year before we pay our balance about 2 months before. No brainer! It's going to be weird not knowing our final balance until just before we pay it though!

Flights will still be DIY though as we want full control over what we book and with which airline

Because I'm still very much in waiting mode at the moment, I'm going to list out all of the landmark dates, so you know when to expect updates!

8th June 2014 - flights released
June or July 2014 - US room only rates released
19th October 2014 - ADRs week 1
2nd November 2014 - ADRs week 2 (not sure if we'll get 180+10 for this week)
27th Jan 2015 - Palo booking and cruise activities released, cruise online check-in
16th Feb 2015 - Fastpass+ booking

And seeing as I don't like posts without pictures, I'll leave you with a picture of the Wilderness Lodge because as I sit here at my desk, I REALLY wish I was sitting next to that pool on our very first evening with a cocktail (a 20% off cocktail no less).

California ~ 2015

Edited at 09:27 AM.
lottie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving your plans! It goes so quick doesn't it, everyone does say this but I never really realised exactly how quickly it does go until now, when I'm watching my countdown fly past!

The American Travel agent sounds amazing... this might be something I'll have to look into for 'next time'... might need to get this one out of the way first

Can't wait to read more!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yay exciting! Your trip sounds AMAZING! I can't wait til we have a 2015 countdown! Aiming for HRH and WL also! Loved all you trippies so far! We're hoping for first 2weeks May or last April first may, I would also love 3 weeks but OH not budging past 17 nights!

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Love your 1 year to go update, it will fly by! Sounds like another amazing trip. Looking forward to further updates
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip. We're hoping to go in 2015 so will be watching this with interest.
Old 16 Apr 14, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Swooning over that pic of WL! Bet you can't wait!
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 14, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great plan! Look forward to reading more
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
winkie88
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Lovin reading your pre trip report! Its a great way to make the time go quicker, before you know it you'll be going again x
winkie88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yay so happy you're back! Loved your last trippie!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List