Notices

Old 23 Apr 14, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Crazy how quickly things like this fly in! Looking forward to all your update just like last time It'll give me something to do whilst feeling depressed (my own holiday will be over at that stage...).

Booking with an American TA sounds miles better than booking with one at home. You're practically a veteran now with all these tips in your posts and I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank you!

Happy Planning
Old 27 Apr 14, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy-Louise
I want to go now!

Your trip sounds like its going to be amazing! I've just booked the Wilderness lodge for September 2015 and was prompted to do so from your last amazing trippie!

X
Old 27 Apr 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Yay this sounds like it's going to be awesome! Good to see you loved Wilderness Lodge so much because we're staying there this year! Looking forward to reading more
AdventurerJordi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 14, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lottie89
Imagineer

New job - all change!

Well, I certainly did not expect to be writing an update quite so soon, but you may have seen on the Chat and News board that I have been offered a new job! The rest of this post may sound like one big gloat and for that I apologise. I am just sooo excited.

The reason being, this job will actually significantly affect the holiday because a) I'm getting a pretty good payrise and b) it's with British Airways! The role is Web Analyst for ba.com and BA Holidays if you're wondering.

Sooo this means (providing I pass my probation) that we will be able to fly Club World (OMG seats that turn into beds) for about £600-£800 return OVERALL. Not each. In total. There's a catch of course, but still. It's pretty amazing.

The catch:

If there is no space in Club Class on the day we will be bumped down to PE or Economy, but will be able to claim back about half of the ticket cost if that happens, so really it's a win win situation. It's a standby ticket so there is an element of risk, but the HR lady on the phone assured me that as long as you don't fly on the first day of the school holidays or on a bank holiday weekend, you're usually fine. You can imagine that for a spreadsheet loving planner like myself, not knowing whether we will actually have a seat on the plane until the day is pretty stressful, but for that price, I'm not complaining. From what I can tell we could end up on any flight to Orlando, even indirect, so there are a few planes and airlines we could end up on. I'm just hoping for the first BA direct flight of the day, two Club Class seats, boom. I don't even care about the way home, I just want to get out there on the right day!

I actually cannot believe we even have the chance to fly at such bargainous prices!

Look at all that space!

This might be us! Just chillin'. Havin' a lil nap in my bed seat. No biggie.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the possibility of Club as we won't know until check in at the earliest, and potentially even until we are at the gate if the flight is busy. But I can't help it. I'm getting excited. Who wouldn't? And if we end up flying economy and indirect, I can console myself with the fact it cost peanuts and I'm going to Florida. I'm not even entertaining the thought of not getting on a plane at all. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Apparently we will now also be able to get a 30% - 40% discount on the Hard Rock Hotel, but I am not sure about Disney discounts, I don't think it will affect that.

SO. Now that we're saving £600 - £900 on flights, and £200-£300 on the Hard Rock Hotel, we obviously started thinking about the things we could do with those extra funds that had already been allocated to the holiday.

Okay, they could be used towards grown up stuff like paying off student/flat deposit debts. OR they could be used towards some kind of holiday upgrade?

Now, we're already staying in our dream resorts, and we aren't bothered about Club Level at the hotels. So that leaves us with the cruise.

I may have emailed Erin at Travel on a Dream to ask for a cheeky quote to upgrade to concierge. You get free cocktails and suncream in concierge so our justification is that it will basically pay for itself...we burn easily and get through a lot of suncream. And you already know we get through a lot of cocktails.

She hasn't got back to me yet and I'm hesitant to commit until I've been at BA for a few weeks and can tell whether it's working out for me or not, but hey, it's only a quote.

And in the meantime I have new things to research, just in case.

Concierge sundeck

Free suncream!

Concierge cabin

Free Dining

I have also done the free DDP maths just to be doubly sure. It looks like sticking to our original plan of a room discount, AP and TiW is still the way forward. It might work out costing the around same as a 30% room discount if we get free DDP and two sets of tickets, but we'd be restricted by credits. Anything over a 30% room discount and we'll be saving money, even eating at all the TS restaurants we fancy. It was fun to have some Disney maths to do anyway

So there we have it! I may have massively jumped the gun and will find myself kicked out of BA in the first week, but until that happens, I shall be dreaming of a life of luxury.
California ~ 2015

Edited at 09:32 AM.
lottie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Wow! Congratulations on the new job! You lucky thing! Club class looks amazing! x

Oct 05 Regal Palms @ Highlands Reserve Villa
May 07 Dibb Owner villa on Highlands Reserve
July 2010 Dibb owner villa on High Grove
July 2015 Ft Lauderdale, Saratoga Springs Resort &. Dibb villa on High Grove
tracie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations for your new job! Club class... Wow look forward to more updates.

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Congratulations on your new job, Club Class looks amazing I'll enjoy reading along.
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Congrats on the new job! I would totally have done the same and spent it on the holiday rather than 'sensible' things.

Concierge and free cocktails sounds amazing and Club World would be a dream! Fingers crossed that you get the seats you want on the day
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 14, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

WOW really Jealous of being able to fly Club Class at that price! well done in the new job!

Just wanted to say we love your video trippy and can't wait for next years
Old 29 Apr 14, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemou
Excited about Disney

Sounds Fab! Cant wait to read more