Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Talking Mkingdon rides again!

Hello Everyone,

Having been in a long sulk brought on by the absence of a Florida holiday this year for the first time since 2003, I return with news of a new countdown! Longer term members may have clue who I am, but many may not, so a special hello to anyone lucky enough to be in that latter category.

We have a new (long) countdown, having booked to travel on the 27th of August 2015. We are staying for an indulgent 18 days, and one of the main reasons for our trip is to visit our soon to be Cast Member daughter, Emily, who from next April, will be working in the UK pavilion in Epcot.

At the moment we have only booked flights, those being with Thomas Cook from Manchester. Being able to travel, for the first time out of school holidays, I am pretty pleased with the price we paid. For direct flights, in their newly upgraded planes, we paid £580 each, including Premium Economy on the way back.

We plan to stay in a villa, due to the size of our party (I mean numbers, not my weight), and I am currently looking at every villa that exists on the internet to find “the one”. The party to which I refer is as follows –

Me - Planner, trip report writer, blogger, and I have nothing on under that poncho!

My wife Louise - About to be a qualified nurse, luckiest woman alive as I have spoiled her for all other men.

My youngest daughter Rebecca (17) but who will be 18 when we travel, and despite her birthday being in May we *will* celebrate it whilst on this trip - Glamour puss, fitness fanatic and Disney Princess.

Rebecca

Her best friend Sarah - She has never been to WDW, and doesn't know what she's in for.

And for the first time in a few years, my parents -

Tony - Golfer, Grandad, seeker of big nebs.

and Margaret - Golf widow, Nana, Grandad's babysitter.

With Emily (19), Disney obsessed soon to be Cast Member... and here she is...

working over there, she will join us as and when she can in between her shifts. I suspect we’ll spend more time than usual in the UK pavilion!

And yes, I have to add that miraculously after all these years, he is still in one piece and we'll be taking this chap too.

If you have never read a trip report of mine that last photo will be confusing no doubt. That's Ryan the rucksack. I shall leave that hanging mysteriously there...

We’ve been to Florida a lot which has meant the lack of a trip this year has been very painful. However, the news that Emily has been accepted onto the Cultural Representative Program (spelt the US way on purpose) has softened the blow ever so slightly. If you want to know more about that her blog has lots of information and background on what it entails and the long process for getting onto it.

As we make progress with the planning I’ll try to remember to update this thread with the details, as who wouldn’t be interested in what model of hire car I go for right?

So here we go again……are we there yet?

Edited at 06:55 PM.
mkingdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
This makes me so happy!

Massive well done to Emily. I bet she's so excited! It's an amazing opportunity for her.

Great start and genuinely look forward to your updates!
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mr&mrslightyear
Imagineer

mr&mrslightyear's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

fab always love the reports x
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yay! great to see you back and the start of another fabulous trip report Can't believe how grown up the girls are now, and now there are boyfriends in the mix too! Good to see that Ryan is still going strong

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafun
Being a bit Goofy

I'm so excited - please can you get your trip report done befor 28 Oct 2015 as I am on holiday then and I can then read it on the plane - thanks in advance - Toni
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yay you're back, I've been following your blog so this news is no surprise to me. I just wanted to say a big well done to Emily and also Louise. Looking forward to reading all about it, including what car you hire haha
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab Start! Well Done to Emily, what an amazing opportunity!

Looking forward to hearing about your plans.

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay, welcome back to you all and to Ryan!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

I will look forward to reading it and will try to give you a wave as you come through arrivals, as we'll be heading in the opposite direction to departures 😢

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to hearing all about it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List