Old 20 Feb 15, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
Hi Tracey

Millie is welcome to come with us! We'll be there at the same time as u guys xx both Amelia and Ewan are braving it xx
Love it a dibb meeting on tot, have you hit your plans sorted yet?
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by adr2.8i View Post
i look forward to reading your next trip report. i have thoroughly enjoyed reading your previous reports.

I love the way you always seem to have your hands on your hips in almost every photo! its quite cute (not in a pervy way obviously)

You and your sisters Disney enthusiasm is highly infectious!

have a great trip
Ahh thank you, glad you've enjoyed my other trippie's.

Haha you're right that is our go to pose for photos! Hides the love handles, that's the secret hehe .

We're certainly not short on Disney enthusiasm!
Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
I need to borrow Lauren, Millie is desperate to go on tot but neither me or paul will take her

Looking forward to reading more about your plans.

Our ADRs are all booked, got everything we wanted all within about 10 mins of the times we wanted, can't quite believe that it is less than six months before we go.
Hi Tracey, hope you're all well! Haha aww you're welcome to borrow Lauren. You wouldn't get me back on ToT for love nor money either!

Glad your ADR's went well! We've got all ours so far too! Will you be doing a pre-trippy? Will have to message and compare ADR's this time, I still can't believe we were minutes away from you in Magic Kingdom that day!

Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
great start to your trip looking forward to reading all your updates and actual report
Ahh thank you. Got the main bulk of our ADR's today so the first update will be up on Sunday! Thanks for reading
Hi Tracey

Millie is welcome to come with us! We'll be there at the same time as u guys xx both Amelia and Ewan are braving it xx
We should have a big dibb meet in HS! Then Lauren won't have to ride ToT alone hehe. Amelia and Ewan are a lot braver than me!
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
EEEK, i love love love the title of this trippie! is it sad that i get that tingly feeling in my nose like im about to start sobbing whenever i read this line?

also - ‘The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.’ this was almost as creepy as the bit in Chamber of Secrets when he re-arranges his name into 'I Am Lord Voldemort'

Im so excited for you to see Diagon Alley...i burst into tears last year walking in. We didnt end up using the early magic hour in IOA either (i think they change which park gets it every few days?) but we did choose the single rider line for Gringotts and walked onto it sitting together in front row, never been so lucky...i recommend it!

Defo book your extra suitcases coming back...we ended up with 6 we bought so much harry stuff, im almost ashamed of myself.

We go on 19th August, hoping to stay in WL too as we loved it last year...i'll keep my eyes peeled for your lovely red hair! xx
Ahh thank you for your lovely comments! No I get that same feeling! Makes me well up whenever I read the book/hear it in the film!

Yes totally creepy! Especially with Kingsley saying it (although I always imagined his voice a little differently to in the films). Haha you've got me started on my HP nerdiness again .

Oh god I think I'm going to cry too! I can still vividly remember walking in to Hogsmeade for the first time and how magical and real it all felt! I welled up on the studio tour as well (both times ). The JK Rowling quote at the end gets me every time!

I'm so excited that I've been avoiding looking at too many pictures as I don't want to have seen it all before we go!

Wow 6 suitcases, that's amazing! Nothing to be ashamed of. hehe. I'm definitely going to pre-book an extra case I think!

Ahh yay, might see you out there then! Definitely say hi if you spot us!

Thanks for reading
We definitely need to arrange a dibb meet on ToT, might take away some of my guilt for not riding with Lauren hehe. Could make a 'dibbers row' on ToT rather than in the bubble!

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Plans are tentative at the minute! But there's a rough guide! ADR date soon. Started a cheeky pre trip...

Derry's third time lucky RPR/CBR 2015

I WOULD SO LOVE TO MEET UP! Feels like I have shared the last 4/5 years with my fellow Dibbers from joining 2011! Let's make it happen xx

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Plans are tentative at the minute! But there's a rough guide! ADR date soon. Started a cheeky pre trip...

Derry's third time lucky RPR/CBR 2015

I WOULD SO LOVE TO MEET UP! Feels like I have shared the last 4/5 years with my fellow Dibbers from joining 2011! Let's make it happen xx
Where would we be without the Dibb!

xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah, I love your trippies - looking forward to another!

We are out there in the summer too, I am a teacher, so also restricted to school holidays, I'll have to keep an eye out for you

I am also ridiculously excited about seeing Diagon Alley, I can't wait! I think I might explode with excitement when there!

You will love WL, we were lucky enough to spend a week of our Disneymoon there and it is a gorgeous resort

Can't wait for more updates,

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yay! Another trip! Always enjoy reading your trip reports, may even bump into you two out there

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Originally Posted by iheartwdw View Post
Yeah, I love your trippies - looking forward to another!

We are out there in the summer too, I am a teacher, so also restricted to school holidays, I'll have to keep an eye out for you

I am also ridiculously excited about seeing Diagon Alley, I can't wait! I think I might explode with excitement when there!

You will love WL, we were lucky enough to spend a week of our Disneymoon there and it is a gorgeous resort

Can't wait for more updates,

Laura Xx
Ahh thank you! Yes, your pre-trippie is on my to read list so looking forward to reading all about your plans too when I get a chance!

I'm the same about Diagon Alley! I'm doing my best not to see too many pictures before we go!

Ahh fab, glad to hear you enjoyed staying at WL!

Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Yay! Another trip! Always enjoy reading your trip reports, may even bump into you two out there
Ahh thanks Paul. Yeah would be great to bump in to you seeing as we were out there at the same time in 2012 and don't think we were in the same parks at all on the same day! Will keep an eye out!
Thanks for reading

Old 22 Feb 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
*Update*

Part 2- ADR’s

Who doesn’t love a food related update! Thinking about food is one of our favourite parts of planning!

I can’t start this ADR update without mentioning Liberty Tree Tavern! If you’ve read any of my previous reports you might remember that LTT is one of our favourite table service restaurants in WDW! It’s always first on our list of ADR’s as it’s an absolute must do for us! This year unfortunately it’s closed for the entirety of our trip . We’re so gutted as we love it. We’d literally just decided to return there for dinner again rather than lunch and were so pleased with our decision when they announced that it was due to be refurbished for the whole summer season leading up to November (re-opening just in time for thanksgiving I’d imagine due to its theming/food options etc.)

This did mean that we could add in one of the restaurants we’d had to take off the plan due to time constraints but I’ll get to that later. We were already over our TS credits so really we should have just accepted we couldn’t do LTT but we were so disappointed that we wanted to add something in its place. Lauren and I just aren’t very good at sticking to our table service credit limits .

This year the ADR process has been a little different to what we’ve experienced in previous years. For one when our countdown reached 180 days we watched it come and go without an ADR booking in sight! This is due to the fact that we’re staying at RPR for the first 2 nights so we had to wait until our holiday countdown reached 178 days instead!

This meant that our main ADR day was on Friday instead of Wednesday. This actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as Friday is my day off and it also happened to fall right within half term so Lauren was at home! We couldn’t have planned it better if we’d tried! Also as we’re only onsite for 11 nights this meant we could book our last day ADR yesterday on Saturday and then we were done!

The main difference with booking ADR’s this year was the fact that you can no longer book at 180 + 10 days online anymore as the system has had a glitch for months apparently meaning the + 10 element can’t be booked (Really Disney, really?! The millions they’ve spent on my magic + and they can’t even get an online booking system to work! I’ll stop there before I get in to a rant hehe.)

This means that if you’re staying onsite and want to book ADR’s for the first 10 days of your trip you have to ring up. It’s not a huge problem but not really as quick and easy as booking it all online! It also means you have to wait until 12 to call which was a little torturous hehe.

Obviously that means the phone lines are a lot busier! I’d heard storied of people being on hold for up to 30 minutes which had me a little worried.

I had the number typed in to the phone at 11:55 and did try my luck at 11:58 to see if we’d get through but I got an automated message saying the phone lines weren’t open yet. So I set up the number again and literally the second the clock struck 12 I pressed call and it connected! There was another automated message to say that I was on hold and apologising for the unusual delay and then the lovely Disney music kicked in! Seriously Disney is probably the only company that I don’t mind being put on hold for! Lauren and I sat listening to Legacy (which is one of our favourite pieces of Disney area music!), Soarin’ and the Winnie the Pooh ride soundtrack!

We were on hold for around 10 minutes in the end which was so much better than I was expecting! The CM I spoke to was so lovely! Truly full of the Disney spirit like all CM’s should be (I’ve had the misfortune of speaking to some right misery guts when phoning Disney before). We had such a lovely chat about Disney and all our restaurant choices! She was really impressed at how organised we were haha. Plus she wished us a magical Disney day at the end and that always makes me smile!

We got through even quicker on Saturday! I was only on hold for 6 minutes but the CM wasn’t quite as peppy as the day before but still very nice!

Right, as always I’ve written paragraph after paragraph without even mentioning our ADR choices yet so let’s get down to the interesting part! Here are this year’s ADR’s!

(Photo borrowed from google)

We ate at Teppan Edo back in 2013 and loved it! We really enjoyed the experience and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the food as it was more Lauren’s kind of thing. We didn’t have time to come here last year so this was a must do for us on this trip!

We’ve decided to go for lunch instead of dinner this year. The main reason is that we have SO many meals at Epcot planned that there was no way we could do them all at dinner time so we’ve booked this for 12.

Chocolate ginger cake!

This did throw up a slight dilemma with booking by phone hehe. While I was on hold I suddenly decided that I wasn’t sure what the correct pronunciation of Edo was! We booked it online last time so didn’t have to say it out loud. For some reason Lauren and I always pronounce it as ay-dough, it’s not spelt like that so I’ve no idea why we do!

I didn’t want to use our weird pronunciation of it in case it was wrong so Lauren looked it up online haha. According to google it is pronounced eh-dough. Unfortunately I still can’t tell you if this is correct as once I got through the CM pronounced it as eee-dooo so I really have no idea which one is right! Answers on a postcard if you know!

(photo borrowed from google)

This was one of 2 restaurants we’d originally had to take out of our plans (along with Kona Café but I’ll get to that later). We’ve eaten here a couple of times before and absolutely adore the theming! I’m so glad you can book ADR’s here now as on our previous visits it was walk up only.

This is the ADR which is replacing Liberty Tree Tavern. Although the 2 aren’t similar at all this was our first reserve from the ones we’d discounted from the plan. The reason we originally took it out was lack of time. There was just no way we could fit it in amongst all our other food plans! With the news that LTT was no longer an option we re-jigged our plans a bit and slotted this in its place!

In some ways it’s the silver lining around the grey no LTT cloud as we love B and C and we wouldn’t have been able to return if LTT was open.

This was the only ADR we couldn’t get the exact time we wanted. We’d planned to book it for 5:30 but they only had 5:10 available. Only 20 minutes earlier so no issue at all there! It’s such a small place that we knew we might just have to take whatever time we could get!

Love the theming! (photo borrowed from google)

This is one we’ll be paying OOP for as A) we’re over on our credits and B) We don’t actually have a proper meal here so no point using credits!

I as always will be skipping a main altogether and heading straight to the ice cream! I have twice been defeated by the amazing fudge mud slide sundae!

Yum!

Girl vs ice cream epic fail!

That would have been first on my list to try again but now they offer the Mickey pants mini kitchen sink I’ll definitely be ordering this instead! I really wanted to get one in Magic Kingdom last year but as we were only there for a week I just ran out of time/stomach space to have it so I’m really excited to finally get the chance to try it! I love that you get to keep the bowl!

Lauren is planning to have the same as she did in 2013. The tomato bisque and grilled cheese sandwich! This was one of her favourite dishes and fairly inexpensive (again part of the reason for paying OOP).

We’ve eaten at the RC at DTD loads of times in the past but never at AK before! We’ve decided to try breakfast here! Our original plan was to book this for the morning we’re planning to do the Wild Africa Trek but I couldn’t get the timings to work out. We wanted to book the 9:30 WAT and originally I thought RC opened at 8am but it’s actually 8:30 which we decided would be cutting it a bit fine as you have to arrive 15 minutes early to check in for WAT.

Again we re-jigged our plans a little and are now doing this on a regular AK day. We’ve booked for 8:30 when it opens!

I’ve already decided to have the tonga toast here! I’ve wanted to try it at the Polynesian for ages and we had actually planned to eat at Kona Café on our last morning but again it just wouldn’t fit in amongst all the other meals we wanted to do this year so was cut from the plan. It’s slightly different at RC than KC as it’s more like french toast but I’m sure it will still be delicious!

Lauren is hoping to have the omelette.

(photo borrowed from allears)

Again this will be OOP as it’s not a good use of a credit. It’s fairly inexpensive and obviously you don’t get a pudding like you would with lunch or dinner which makes it less value for a credit.

Another favourite of ours! We’ve eaten here on our last 2 trips and is now a must do! We’ve booked lunch here at 1pm.

Lauren is really looking forward to having the kobe burger again! She described it as the best burger she’d ever tried! She also loved the chocolate mousse cake (minus the raspberry sauce) so is hoping that’s still on the menu!

As I’m boring and predictable I’ll be having the same things I’ve eaten here on our last 2 visits. The sweet and sour chicken and the amazing fried wontons! Dessert heaven!

Yum!

We did the Fantasmic package here in 2013 but this time we’re returning for just a regular meal! We enjoyed the Fantasmic package as we got fab seats for the show in the evening but we didn’t like any of the appetizers so that element was wasted on us. The dessert sampler that comes with the Fantasmic package wasn’t great for us either as Lauren didn’t like anything on it and I prefer to have a full size dessert.

We loved the atmosphere though and our mains were great so we’re excited to try it again! We’ve booked this for lunch at 12.

This is something completely new to us as we’ve never done a Disney dinner show before! We’ve read so many good reviews of this that we really wanted to give it a try ourselves! Also as it’s at Fort Wilderness it shouldn’t be too difficult to get there and back as Wilderness Lodge is not too far away! We’ve booked category 2 seating at the 6:15 show.

We originally had Trail’s End on our ADR list as we’ve eaten here a couple of times now and absolutely adore it but as they serve a similar style of food at Hoop-Dee-Doo we decided to cut it. We’re a little sad about this but as I’ve already mentioned credits/time just didn’t allow us to do both!

As I was celebrating my birthday last year when we ate at Trail’s End I was given a portion of the strawberry shortcake dessert that they serve at the show and it was amazing but I was so full up I could hardly eat it so I’m looking forward to getting to try it again!

Yummy strawberry shortcake!

Another newbie for us! We’ve booked to have dinner here at 7. We’d never really considered eating here as we’re not really big fans of fish/seafood but after visiting the restaurant during our Epcot tour in 2013 (not to eat, just to see the tank) we really fell in love with the theming! It’s beautiful in there and as they serve steak there is something that we can order! Lauren might be a little more adventurous though and try the Baked Cheese Manicotti which is a pasta and lobster dish I think.

Beautiful theming! (photo borrowed from google)

For pudding I really want to try the turtle cheesecake as it looks so cute and I absolutely love cheesecake! Lauren will most likely go for the chocolate wave as she likes chocolatey desserts!

Another firm favourite of ours! Again we’ve eaten here a couple of times but had to give it a miss last year due to lack of time. We’re really looking forward to eating here again! We’ve booked for dinner at 6:30. As we have a few Epcot dinners this trip we’re hoping to see Illuminations at least twice maybe 3 times if we feel like it hehe.

Lauren is planning to have the prix fix menu again which means you get 3 courses for 1 table service credit so it’s a good use of a credit! She really enjoyed the french onion soup last time!

We both adore the gratin de macaroni! It’s just posh mac and cheese really but it’s so rich and delicious! Just heavenly!

Lauren will most likely have the chocolate mousse for dessert again as she absolutely raved about it last time and hasn’t found one to compare since!

I’ve not decided which dessert I’d like yet. I had a strawberry shortcake style dessert last time which was nice but didn’t blow me away. I love profiteroles so I might choose those although I believe they are served with ice cream inside rather than cream so we’ll see.

Again this has become a bit of a must do for us! This will be our 4th time eating here. We’ve booked dinner for 7. I believe the chicken is back on the menu again but in all honesty we really didn’t miss it last year as we prefer the noodles/pot stickers etc but I’d imagine a lot of people are very happy as I know there were a few ADR’s cancelled after the chicken removal so I think bringing it back was a good move!

The thing I am most excited about is of course dessert! Ohana bread pudding is AMAZING! Along with the Raglan Road bread and butter pudding this is my favourite Disney dessert! Unfortunately we’re not eating at RR this year so I’ll have to make sure to leave lots of room for the bread pudding here! Lauren doesn’t like it so all the more for me!

Apparently they’re building a Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto (try saying that 5 times fast!) at the Poly so hopefully that will be open and we can get a drink there first!

We always try to do 1 signature restaurant while on the DDP as it’s unlikely we’d pay to eat at them OOP. We’ve eaten at Narcoosee’s the past couple of trips so we fancied a change this year. As we really liked the steak at Narcoosee’s we decided to try Yachtsman! We’ve booked dinner here for 6:30 and will definitely be heading in to Epcot after to watch Illuminations as we’ll be nearing the end of the trip by this point .

Not too sure what we’ll be ordering here but we really want to try the truffle fries as we’ve heard good things about them!

I also like the sound of the chocolate peanut cake for dessert!

Continued below...

Old 22 Feb 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
...Update continued

This originally wasn’t in the plan but we realized we didn’t have any breakfast buffets on the list and I love a Disney breakfast buffet! My favourite is Crystal Palace but we’ve done that on the previous 2 trips so decided to return to Chef Mickey’s again! We’ve eaten here a couple of times too but not since 2013.

I will miss the breakfast lasagne and puffed french toast from CP but we love the cheesy shredded potatoes here so looking forward to that!

We’ve booked this for our last morning at 9:30 so we can have a bit of a later start and finish packing etc. The plan is to walk to MK afterwards and spend our last few hours there before returning to WL to catch the Magical Express .

So there we have it! We have a couple of days this trip where we’ve booked no ADR’s at all and will just eat at counter service places! It will be nice to have a couple of free days where we can eat as and when!

It took us ages to choose our ADR’s this year with a few not quite making the cut but I’m pleased with our choices now and can’t wait to eat at them!

We also booked the Wild Africa Trek this weekend! When I rang up to book Chef Mickey’s on Saturday I asked if they’d be able to transfer me to the recreation line that you book tours etc through. As well as being able to book ADR’s at 180+10 days when you stay onsite you can also book tours during the first 10 days of your trip too! We’ve booked it for 9:30 on an extra magic hours day so we’ll be able to enter the park at 8 and maybe do a couple of rides/have breakfast first!

Eek the bridge! (photos borrowed from google)

We’re unbelievably excited about this! It cost just over $404 dollars so certainly not a cheap tour but I think it will be totally worth the money as it includes photos, a light breakfast etc. It came off my card at around £261 so just over £130 each which is actually less than we were expecting! It’s Lauren’s birthday soon so I’ll be paying £40 of hers as part of her present!

We also did our ESTA’s on Friday. Not quite as exciting as ADR’s and WAT but a necessary job! We got 3 trips out of our last ones but they ran out in June last year. They were a lot more complicated this year with the extra questions they’ve added! Lauren’s was approved straight away but as always mine came back pending! In previous years it’s changed to approved within 15 minutes or so but this time it was 3 hours before mine finally changed! I’ll admit for a while I was worried it was going to be denied hehe but they’re both approved and done now so that’s one more job out of the way!

In other news Lauren had 15 inches of her hair cut off this week! If you read my last trippy you’ll have seen that it was down to her bum and she could almost sit on it! She’s donating it to a charity called little princess trust. They make wigs from real hair for children who’ve lost theirs through cancer treatment. We’re all really proud of her for doing something so selfless and thoughtful as she really loved her long hair! Luckily as it was so long before it isn’t drastically short now! I think the length really suits her!

I also wanted to share something with you that made me laugh this week! While listening to the sorcerer radio app I saw that the Soarin’ queue music was playing. Hooray, I thought as I love Soarin’. However is it just me or do you think someone who really dislikes Soarin’ renamed this piece of music on the app?! Surely the Soarin’ queue music isn’t really called this VVV hehe.

An awful waste of space! Never!

Think that’s all for this update! The next should be up in a week or 2 and it’s a big shopping one! Thanks for reading

Edited at 10:35 PM.
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
i love how you both know exactly what you're going to have before you're there! girls who know what they want We've booked beaches & cream for this year's trip, I can't wait to try those sundaes - they look yummy.

Wow, Lauren's hair was soooo long! That was such a lovely thing for her to do

Looking forward to the next instalment
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List