Old 1 Nov 15, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Just had a read through some of your previous reports, love them!
We're going Sept 16, can't wait! Did you book through OrlandoAttractions.com?
Thanks so much! Yes I did x

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
Sounds a great trip, your girls are so cute!
Hope you enjoy writing as much as I am enjoying mine. Nice to look back on too. First time I ever have written one
Thank you, we are very excited. Aww thanks. Yes I'm sure I will, looking forward to reading yours too! x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yay, another great trip in the planning

The cruise sounds like it will be a perfect end to a perfect holiday, Castaway Cay looks beautiful.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Aaaahhhh amazing trip and you'll love the cruise! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 15, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

Thanks to this pre trippie I'm now spending a lot of time looking into Disney cruise line and reading other peoples trippies. argh, you may have just cost me a few extra days of fun on our holiday
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 15, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi! Looking forward to this. We are also October in ssr and also originally started in cbr with dining upgrade!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 15, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Thank you Haha they do look amazing don't they? Are you doing the 3 day one? x
They do! Yes, 3 Day one for us, I can't wait! Xx

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 15, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Yay, another great trip in the planning

The cruise sounds like it will be a perfect end to a perfect holiday, Castaway Cay looks beautiful.

It does doesn't it! So excited! x

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Aaaahhhh amazing trip and you'll love the cruise! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Thanks lovely! x

Originally Posted by snowdrop100 View Post
Thanks to this pre trippie I'm now spending a lot of time looking into Disney cruise line and reading other peoples trippies. argh, you may have just cost me a few extra days of fun on our holiday
Haha, so what was the verdict, did you take the plunge? x

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi! Looking forward to this. We are also October in ssr and also originally started in cbr with dining upgrade!
Haha great minds think alike! x

Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
They do! Yes, 3 Day one for us, I can't wait! Xx
Lush! x

bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 15, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Booking our flights!

So... I am long overdue an update! We've all been so busy, it's crazy but that's no excuse to neglect planning a trip to the mouse!

I wanted to wait until flights were released before booking our cruise, simply because IF flights were ridiculous prices on the dates we wanted, worst comes to worst I could forget about the cruise (or move it) and flex my holiday dates to fit in with flight prices. This meant we couldn't really do much until the beginning of December.

We are trying to save up as many points as possible to pay for reward flights in 2017 and have got the black and white Virgin Atlantic credit cards and put EVERYTHING on here, which is building up really well with the bonus airmiles. With this in mind, we were hoping to book Virgin Flights through VA website to get maximum airmiles possible.

The first day the flights were released they were trying to charge £900+ per adult economy outbound only...

I stalked the website every day and watched them drop to half of this but it was still too much. My "buy it now" price was £2,000 return for the four of us but I had budgeted £2,500 just in case.

We discussed the pros and cons of flying indirect and direct and honestly, we didn't find indirect any more hassle than flying direct when we went in 2014, the saving was well worth it and it broke up the flight and meant we arrived at MCO as a domestic flight, having already cleared immigration at Boston. So we were looking at both options this year and whatever seemed like a good deal we would go for!

As others have mentioned in recent threads about Virgin, randomly a really good deal will come up, you go to buy it and there s an error message, then you phone up as it suggests and *poof!* the great price is gone and they try to get you to book for £500+ more. Erm... no ta. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Really didn't like this at all, it feels like a dirty trick and was particularly frustrating as I had my card ready to buy flights within our budget on our original dates

Anyway, this had me looking around at different airlines, Thomas Cook, Thompson, BA, Delta and Aer Lingus. Unfortunately, I was struggling to find return flights on some of these as they only seemed to go up to the end of October 2016!

Finally, I stumbled across a thread on here about net flights and the cheap flights they had going in to Tampa.

We had never even considered this route before but we were planning on hiring a car this time and didn't think the extra distance would be too much of a bother. Then I saw the prices... These can't be real, surely? This must be per person, surely? Nope! £1,200 return for all four of us?

Now, I don't know why but instead of immediately booking these insanely good prices, it still took us 3 days to book, partly due to my want for collecting as many airmiles as possible and therefore constantly refreshing the VA website in the hope of finding a bargain and then writing up another list of pros and cons of travelling indirect into Tampa / direct to MCO and partly because I thought there must have been some kind of catch?!

So, a few days ago we finally bit the bullet and BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS!

Our indecision actually worked in our favour in the end and the price went down by about £20 in those couple of days. We still managed to pick up airlmiles for paying for them with our VA credit card and even with the credit card fee we paid a bargain £1,220 total! SO happy with this price! £1,300 less than budgeted! We will also get the airmiles for the Virgin leg of this codeshare flight (I should probably mention its LHR - DTW - TPA and TPA - ATL - LHR with Delta (LHR - DTW flown by VA, the rest Delta)

I then had an agonising 2 hour wait until they uploaded our booking confirmation to the website and I could link our reservation! (I say this with a hint of irony as it is really quick but for someone as anxious as me who worries about EVERYTHING I thought I'd just forked out £1,220 and I'd never receive a booking confirmation... )

Anyway, 2 hours passed and I checked the website and it was there! We linked the reservation to Delta and Virgin websites straight away without any problems and I chose our seats for all four flights! It was free to select seats on all of our Delta flights and for peace of mind and since we had saved so much on the flight we paid for reserve our Virgin leg of the trip too .

A big sigh of relief and feeling pretty organised right now! Yaaay!

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Old 23 Dec 15, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Booking our Cruise!

OK, so we are on a roll! I think it's because we have been working every day God sends and finally we are both OFF for Christmas and have a bit of time to get planning! Yay!

I think I've had the Disney Cruise website open on a tab for months, dithering and hesitating and "researching"

We had pretty much decided on a deluxe family oceanview stateroom with Verandah like this:

Lush isn't it? We had researched which side to choose and quite liked the idea of starboard for the view of Castaway Cay. One decision DONE.

Next, we needed to decide which deck: 6 7, 8, 9 or 10 and forward, aft or midship! Who knew there was so much to consider!

When we were finally ready to book, we had a last minute change of heart; why did we need a verandah room? We really liked the look of the oceanview "mini suites" (not actually suites but laid out similar to one) which had 2 large portholes like this:

We watched a couple of youtube videos and read some reviews and decided we would actually prefer the wider room rather than the long and thin layout and we were planning on spending very little time in our room anyway and we would save just under £200 by switching to this room type. Sorted then!

So... we pressed the button and booked it! Hooray!

Now we have a skeleton plan in place we can start planning in a bit more detail!

Old 23 Dec 15, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow great flight prices.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List