Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
:) Another Dose of Disney Dreams! - August 2016 *Updated 20th July-Daily Plans*

Hi and welcome to my attempt at a pre trip report!

I am so excited to be writing this and can’t believe that we will be visiting Orlando again on our 5th family holiday

I wrote a trip report for our August 2014 holiday which can be found here

I’ll start with the introductions

My name is Julia and I’m the chief planner in the house. In all fairness I’m not a particularly good planner but somehow manage to throw a holiday together. I’m hoping that by writing stuff down in a pre trippy I’ll be a bit more organised and hopefully not forget anything too important. I’m also the oldest of the bunch, 48 at the moment but will be 49 when we visit.

Next up is Scott, my fab hubby. He also helps with the planning but it’s mainly a question of agreeing with what I’m suggesting haha. Anything for a quiet life Scott is so laid back and is more than happy to just go with the flow. Will be 46 years young when we travel.

And now to our kids, the main motivation for our Disney visits
Hayden is the oldest of our three children who as recently gone into the teenage years. Where has the time gone! I think Hayden as been stood in some kind of grow bag these past few months lol. Hayden is a funny loving boy who never fails to surprise us. Whilst Hayden is Autistic and faces lots of difficult challenges, he is keen to give new experiences a go and at times be quite adventurous. He is a funny happy young lad who loves all things Minecraft and Star Wars at the minute.

Then there’s Jamie, who as inherited his Dad’s laid back personality. Like his big brother he’s into Minecraft and Star Wars but is also a keen WWE fan. Jamie will have a go at most things too and will be super excited this time round, now that he is tall enough to go on all the big coasters. A real cheeky monkey who always as a smile on his face. He will be 11 when we travel.

That leaves Poppy our youngest who is 7 but will have just turned 8 when we travel. Poppy is quite a girly girl who loves Princesses and fairytales and all things pink! Yet she still loves playing Pirates and Superheroes with her big brothers, so the best of both worlds. Her favourite thing of the moment is Shopkins and Lego , I don’t quite get the Shopkins

Some of you may know us already as I wrote a trip report for our last adventure, and what a special trip it was for us all. We married in our happy place and had one of the best days of our lives.

I wasn’t sure when we’d be able to visit again, as you well know holidays in Florida don’t come cheap On our return we started saving hoping that we could return sometime in 2016.
With 3 school age children our choices for dates are quite limited. Our previous 3 holidays had been in August so we knew what the weather would be like and what to expect in regards to crowd levels. Our school term starts 1st September so as long as we returned by then, in time for Jamie starting High School, this would be the most suitable time.

It was early last year when we first started to do some planning. I had read a few wonderful reports which included a Disney Cruise within them. Everything about the cruise sounded amazing and I just knew it would be something that the kids would really enjoy (and Mum and Dad too). So after some number crunching and a serious saving plan in place, we realised that a cruise could become a reality. We waited patiently for the new summer dates to be released which gave me time to research the staterooms for a suitable location.

In March the dates and prices were released and there appeared to be a 3 night cruise leaving on the 26th, this would be the latest one we could sail on. We wanted the cruise at the end of the holiday plus we knew the later we went in August the cheaper the prices would be. I contacted an American Travel Agent, Dreams Unlimited for a quote and at the end of March we’d paid a deposit. Oh my word I couldn’t believe it So we'll be boarding the Dream on the 26th

With booking this early we know that plans and circumstances can change, if we had to cancel for whatever reason, we’d receive our full deposit back. As far as I was concerned we had nothing to lose

(Google picture)

(Google picture)

(Google picture)

Thanks for reading along

Julia xx

Updates

Accommodation and flights
Accommodation update
ADR choices
Small update
More hotel bookings
Easter reveal
Universal Stay Dining choices
Shopping Update - Mostly Primark!
All paid up
Cruise and Fast pass update
Mickey ears
Daily plans

Edited at 09:17 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

So excited to read this! Can't wait for more. X
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh Julia, I'm so excited that you're going back... I really enjoyed your last trip report. And with a cruise included too, another "something special" to add to your Florida memories.

What a lovely family you have, and growing up so fast too, with Hayden being a teenager now and Jamie starting High School soon

We're going back in 2016 too, in June, and I haven't even thought of starting my pre-trippie yet We're grappling with trying to choose something for everyone this trip, so as soon as we've made some decisions I'll get on it!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
So excited to read this! Can't wait for more. X
Thank you for reading x
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh Julia, I'm so excited that you're going back... I really enjoyed your last trip report. And with a cruise included too, another "something special" to add to your Florida memories.

What a lovely family you have, and growing up so fast too, with Hayden being a teenager now and Jamie starting High School soon

We're going back in 2016 too, in June, and I haven't even thought of starting my pre-trippie yet We're grappling with trying to choose something for everyone this trip, so as soon as we've made some decisions I'll get on it!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans
Hi Lynda, how lovely of you to say I know they're growing up so quickly, I wish they'd slow down lol.

What wonderful news, you'll be heading out there a little earlier than us. I can imagine it's a little more difficult to plan for you and your girls as they are older.

Look forward to reading about your plans, I will keep an eye out for your pre trippy
Old 12 Jan 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds great so far! We're going on our first Disney Cruise this year and can't wait! Will keep up with your plans!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Excited to hear you're going back - I really enjoyed reading your report.

A cruise sounds wonderful - its something that's now on my to do list for future holidays, although my 10 year old daughter said she doesn't want to go on a boat! Looking forward to reading about what you have planned this year for accomodation.
- are you going back to POR? We loved it there.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Looking forward to your trip report 😀 and also you reminded me I have to go back and update mine at some point 😳

Looking forward to seeing what the cruise is like 🚣⛴
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Fab plans and such lovely wedding photos
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Yay I'm so glad you're going back!

I think you're wrong about not being a particularly good planner, your last trip was incredible!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List