VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Yay, so glad you have a trip to plan and are doing a pre-trip so we get to read along and share with you.

I hope you like the cruise, we had an amazing time. Hopefully one day we may get to do another.

The kids are growing up so fast, time goes so quickly.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans. xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Looking forward to reading along, especially as we are thinking of going back in August 2018. We were just on the Dream over Christmas - its amazing, I'm sure you will love it! Oh, and I don't get shopkins either, but DD (7) loves them

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
Sounds great so far! We're going on our first Disney Cruise this year and can't wait! Will keep up with your plans!
How exciting! There seems to be a few first time cruisers

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Excited to hear you're going back - I really enjoyed reading your report.

A cruise sounds wonderful - its something that's now on my to do list for future holidays, although my 10 year old daughter said she doesn't want to go on a boat! Looking forward to reading about what you have planned this year for accomodation.
- are you going back to POR? We loved it there.

Diane
Cruise's seem to be quite popular at the moment, I hope to get to try one someday. I hope our kids don't say that to us when we tell them

Yes Diane we are going back to the beautiful Port Orleans Riverside. Thank you for your lovely comments
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by orlando 2013 View Post
Looking forward to your trip report 😀 and also you reminded me I have to go back and update mine at some point 😳

Looking forward to seeing what the cruise is like 🚣⛴
Aww thank you Glad I've been of help to you, thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Yay I'm so glad you're going back!

I think you're wrong about not being a particularly good planner, your last trip was incredible!
Hi there Colette Thanks for that I really don't know how we managed it though

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
Fab plans and such lovely wedding photos
So lovely of you to say, thank you
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay, so glad you have a trip to plan and are doing a pre-trip so we get to read along and share with you.

I hope you like the cruise, we had an amazing time. Hopefully one day we may get to do another.

The kids are growing up so fast, time goes so quickly.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans. xx
Hi Lisa were so excited to be going back and can't believe we'll be staying at Disney again and going on a cruise. So glad you enjoyed yours and I can't wait to read all about it

Kids grow up too quickly don't they

Thanks for reading along xx

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Looking forward to reading along, especially as we are thinking of going back in August 2018. We were just on the Dream over Christmas - its amazing, I'm sure you will love it! Oh, and I don't get shopkins either, but DD (7) loves them
Oh wow a cruise over Christmas, how wonderful I can imagine how amazing that would have been for you all. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get it! Thank you for reading along xx
Old 14 Jan 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Accommodation

Like a lot of folks we were eagerly waiting for the Free Dining offers to be released – thankfully we didn’t have long to wait. Because we’re a family of 5 our choices are quite limited with the resorts we can stay in – well hotels within our price limit lol. Port Orleans as been a favourite of ours, but now we could consider the Caribbean Beach too because some of the rooms now have the murphy bed

The end of April came and the prices were now available so we started to gather various quotes. CBR was a couple of hundred pounds cheaper and the 1 bedroom Villa at OKW was around £1,000 more expensive. I was tempted by both as we would probably upgrade dining if we stayed in a moderate. In the end we just couldn’t help but book our beloved Port Orleans. I’m afraid we are creatures of habit as far as Disney accommodation is concerned. The extra space at OKW would’ve been lovely but we just use the room as a base to sleep, wash and change. Kids love the pool and the food court and we love the boat that takes you down to Disney Springs too. Of course we didn’t have exact dates but I knew the cruise was on the 26th August so I booked 16 nights from the 9th with 21 day tickets. Bonus this time as not only did the offer come with $200 gift card, the Memory Maker was included free too!

So that was our first hotel booked!

Flights

Next on the to do list and the most important of them all! So early September I set up countless flight alerts on Skyscanner and Kayak and subscribed to the August school holiday dates thread. We were looking for good indirect flights, preferably early August and returning before the 31st. Didn’t take long for someone to post some fabulous flights which they’d found! I must admit it took me a while to get my head round what the deal was about, but thanks to helpful dibbers, I managed to fathom it out! Not sure if I boomerang is the correct term but it’s a flight that departs from Jersey to Gatwick then Heathrow to Miami. Sounded mad at first but when I got used to the idea I realised that actually it was doable. Did I mention that the flights for all 5 of us were £1900. I couldn’t believe it! Loads of availability on various dates too.

I ummed and arred for a few days before asking Scott his thoughts as he would be doing the drive from Miami to Orlando. His words were “get it booked”! So that’s exactly what I did. Phoned British Airways who couldn’t have been more helpful. They changed the flight times so we could depart the evening before from Jersey to Gatwick, thus flying from Heathrow to Miami on the early flight the following day…perfect! Even better still was we added a car at another spectacular price, so we now had a flydrive and could pay a £300 deposit

(Google image)

Flights - Jersey – Gatwick, Heathrow – Miami return £1,900
Car hire for 24 days, fullsize car, £289.

We obviously needed to get to Jersey to start our travel to Miami. BA already had their flights released - £300 for all of us, but I thought I’d just hold back a few weeks until Easyjet released their summer flights. Eventually they did, and as I hoped BA brought their prices down so I booked our flights out to Jersey with BA as they had more choice.

Flight – Gatwick – Jersey £224

(Google image)

We will receive the APD for Hayden on our return I believe? Total flight price including the refund - £2,050. I can’t tell you how happy we are with this price, (big thanks to the Dibber who posted these flights) yes it is a major faff but worth it. The boys love airplanes, the amount of hours we spend at Manchester airport watching the planes is unreal lol. They were so excited on our last holiday to visit the different airports so I know this holiday won’t phase them one bit. They will think of it as one big adventure

To compensate for the travel days we will go on a longer holiday – 25 days!
So we now have a plan, we know we can definitely go to Florida – Happy days
4th August – morning flight to Jersey, day there then return late afternoon to Gatwick
5th August – morning flight to Miami arriving early afternoon
29th August – late afternoon flight back to Heathrow

Felt so good to know that we had our flights! We knew that we'd be able to return back to Disney

Thanks for reading

Julia xx

Edited at 06:27 AM.
Old 14 Jan 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

its going to be brilliant,i enjoyed your last trip report so will look forward to this one mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 16, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
its going to be brilliant,i enjoyed your last trip report so will look forward to this one mo x
Awww so glad you enjoyed our last one, thanks Mo xx
Old 15 Jan 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh my word, your wedding pics are gorgeous! Am working my way through your trip report now. How exciting that you've booked another one! I would love to go on a cruise when we next go so currently persuading my husband that he'd love it too
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Oh my word, your wedding pics are gorgeous! Am working my way through your trip report now. How exciting that you've booked another one! I would love to go on a cruise when we next go so currently persuading my husband that he'd love it too
Awww thank you So excited to be returning! It also means that we'll be celebrating our anniversary there. Good luck, hope you manage to persuade your husband!