pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by snowdrop100 View Post
oh i love those primark tops. I was in our local one just yesterday and i'm sure i'd have spotted them in there if they had them. thats the only thing about Primark that i find, if i see something i like that someone else has purchased there, i never seem to find it when i go in as they move stuff through so quickly.

i love stocking up on little bits and bobs for my girls on the flight. have you a Tiger store near you? they're great for cheap but interesting bits and bobs.

haha the cheek of Barbara...i didnt realise you could call to add requests to your booking. i think i've only done that when i check in or something on MDE in advance. might give them a call and see what i can do on mine now
The tops in Primark were all on rails so you couldn't really see what they were unless you went through them all. They do change their stock frequently so I think it's all down to luck on the day you go.

We don't have a Tiger store, but i'll be sure to have a look in there next time we go to Milton Keynes which isn't too far from us.

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Fantastic trip report. We are staying at AKL this August, I guess I should request bunk beds too as my son is 17 and daughter 9 ! I've also always wanted to stay, this is our first opportunity though as eldest daughter isn't coming with us this year. The resort looks absolutely beautiful and I'm determined to have a resort day.
Thank you

Ooh, not too long to go. I'll be sure to look out for you if you write a trip report. It's hard when there's such a big age gap isn't it? I'm determined to have a resort day too, or at least a few mornings/afternoons by the pool.

Happy planning
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Yay, so exciting that you have booked!

AKL may be the furthest resort but it is stunning and the pool area is amazing. The Mara is an excellent counter service place too with so much choice.

Have you considered getting a car for a week, say in the middle? You could then plan your early ADR's for that time. We did this in 2013 and we planned our offsites when we had the car (Universal, SeaWorld, shopping). The days we had early ADR's without the car, we used taxis and they weren't too expensive. I found the $20 or so was worth it for not stressing that we were going to be late.

Great shopping and birthday haul.

Looking forward to reading more. xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - Ł168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 16, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Fingers crossed for you that you get bunk beds! No way would I fork out another thousand quid just to guarantee them either.

Gotta love Primark hauls! Love the Minnie Mouse notebook and the t-shirts. I know what you mean about Star Wars, I'm not a big fan either. I might have to give the films another watch before next September though.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay, so exciting that you have booked!

AKL may be the furthest resort but it is stunning and the pool area is amazing. The Mara is an excellent counter service place too with so much choice.

Have you considered getting a car for a week, say in the middle? You could then plan your early ADR's for that time. We did this in 2013 and we planned our offsites when we had the car (Universal, SeaWorld, shopping). The days we had early ADR's without the car, we used taxis and they weren't too expensive. I found the $20 or so was worth it for not stressing that we were going to be late.

Great shopping and birthday haul.

Looking forward to reading more. xx
Hello lovely 😊

Yes I'm thinking of hiring a car just for a week, or using Ubers when we want to go to the mall/outlets. I'll have to weigh up costs. $20 for a taxi isn't too bad. You'd spend that on car parking in the parks if staying offsite.

Thanks for reading
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Holidaylover19 View Post
Fingers crossed for you that you get bunk beds! No way would I fork out another thousand quid just to guarantee them either.

Gotta love Primark hauls! Love the Minnie Mouse notebook and the t-shirts. I know what you mean about Star Wars, I'm not a big fan either. I might have to give the films another watch before next September though.
I know it's ridiculous! They should be wearing a mask and a striped jumper! 😉

Yeah I think I need to watch the Star Wars films as I have no clue what it's about!

Thank you for reading 😊
Old 9 Jun 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
UPDATE - 9th June 2016

Just popping in briefly as today was the day! I received an email from Disney holidays this morning and thought I would have a look on the off chance to see if our reservation had linked to MDE, and it was! We are 480 days out for anyone wondering when theirs might be linked. We now have a new booking number too which is completely different to the confirmation number we were assigned when we booked.

Our resort and ultimate tickets are showing, and at one point was saying we only had quick service dining, but when I went in and changed the kids ages (they were still showing as 14 and 4 from our last trip), it started showing as "UK Package - free dining". For some reason my year of birth is still showing as 1900. I'm pretty sure I'm not 116 years old so will need to call sort that at a later date!

We went into customise our magic bands too. I really can't decide between red and purple. For now I'm having red, but will probably change my mind a hundred times before we go!

Paul and I went to Milton Keynes yesterday and I found this pretty cool T-shirt in Primark which I'm going to travel in. I'll probably take a spare vest top in my hand luggage incase it's too hot when we arrive in Orlando.

I also bought a little strappy top for Amelia with a sort of African print which I thought would be nice when we have dinner at Boma one night, and the bottoms to go with the Alice in Wonderland pyjama top I bought last time (see previous post).

I have started to think about possible reveals for the kids. Part of me wants to tell them before 1st September 2017, so they have a 4 week countdown, can choose their magic band colours, etc. And the other part of me would love to surprise them on the day that we go! We're thinking of travelling down to Gatwick on Sunday afternoon, so we could get the packing done while they stay at their grandparents on Saturday night maybe, and then tell them on Sunday when we go to pick them up. Lots to think about!

You might remember me telling you that I was visiting the Emma Bridgewater factory at the end of April. I decorated a half pint mug there in my favourite theme! It arrived a few weeks ago after being glazed and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I forgot to add some mickeys around the rim how I did at the base, but it's not bad for my first attempt!

I have some exciting things cut out ready to sew up (already) which I can't wait to show you! All will be revealed in my next installment.

Well I think that's it for now. Thanks for reading!

THINGS TO DO:

Book accommodation CHECK!
Purchase Ultimate tickets CHECK!
Book memory maker CHECK!
Request bunk beds in the room CHECK!
Link to MDE – CHECK!

Renew Oliver and Amelia's passports
Book Flights
Book airport hotel
Book ADR's (5th April 2017)
Book MNSSHP tickets
Book Fast Pass+ (3rd August 2017)
Book travel insurance
Estas
Book Magical Express
PLAN PLAN PLAN!
Old 7 Jul 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Gulf coast plans and updates

7th July 2016

HI! Long time no see. I'm not sure why I'm writing this as I don't think anyone read my last entry/post But I thought I'd pop in with a few updates:

DAREDEVIL DAUGHTER

The Northampton town fair was on last weekend. It was only a 5 minute walk from our front door, so we took the kids over for a bit. Oliver wasn't interested in anything, but Amelia wanted to go on every inflatable there was. Some of them were Ł4 a go! We found one where there were three huge inflatable slides which she could go on all three for 15 minutes for Ł4 which wasn't as bad, so off she went to Blizzard Beach...

Doesn't have quite the same ring to in when it looks like this does it?

After going on a few other inflatable slides and burning her bum on them because they were so hot (it was the one hot day we've had in months!), we bypassed the stand selling 6 mini churros for Ł5 [omg] and made our way to some other rides as she declared she wanted to go on a proper rollercoaster. She spotted one called Wild Mouse and had her heart set on going on it. What a steal at Ł3.50 EACH! It would have been cheaper to go to WDW! Oliver, proud member of team wimp, was positive he didn't want to ride, and there was no way I was going to pay Ł10.50 for the three of us to go on, so Paul took her on by himself while we watched. Here's how it went...

I think had she not bumped her head on the back of the car, she would have liked it. It was very spinny. There's hope for her going on Everest yet!

ONE NIGHT ON THE GULF COAST

After reading Wizzo's trippy a few months ago, I haven't been able to stop thinking about going to the Gulf Coast. Since I was about 10 years old, holidaying in Turks and Caicos has been on my bucket list, and while it's not possible in this stage of my life, a beach along the Gulf Coast with its white sands and turquoise waters is the next best thing. I had thought about adding 1-2 days onto the beginning of the holiday, but I don't know which airlines fly direct to Tampa from the UK (if any), and Virgin certainly don't, so that was that idea thrown out of the window as we need to fly with them to use our air miles. We could drive there direct from MCO, but I don't fancy the 2 hour drive after a 9 hour flight. Especially when Paul is driving

So we decided on a trip to the Gulf coast at the beginning of our second week. Wizzo, if you're reading this, I'm not copying your holiday entirely, honest, but I just fell in love with everything you did at St Pete's, so we have decided we're going to stay in the same place!

We obviously haven't set our dates in stone as I'm waiting for the busy day guide to come out around March time next year, and I also have to book our tickets to MNSSHP, and I don't want the dates to clash. But we are thinking maybe 11th -12th October for just the one night. We will hire a car for one day, collecting it from the Dolphin resort. As it's only for two days, we are thinking of hiring a convertible mustang (hey, you only live once) and take the 1 hour 40 minute drive to the Grand Plaza Hotel (possibly via Cracker Barrel for breakfast .

We'll play on the beach all day and finish off the evening with dinner at Bongo's, have a few cocktails and take lots of sunset photos...

When we get up in the morning, we are looking forward to a buffet breakfast at The Palm Room before a morning and afternoon on the beach.

There's a publix a short walk away from the hotel judging by Google maps, so we'll take a trip there on the way home, stock up on sweeties and things to bring back home, and then we'll drive back to the Dolphin, drop the car off and walk to Epcot where we'll have dinner at Akershus. Job done. I can't wait!

MAGICAL MAKES

There's not really much else to report in the way of plans, as it's still too early to do anything. But I have made a couple of outfits and ears headbands for Amelia. I managed to source some Vera Bradley fabric which I had imported. I'm so pleased with how they turned out. I love this fabric so much that I went back and ordered 8 metres of it! I'm going to make a skirt for myself, another travel wallet and maybe a camera strap. Lots of friends have asked me to make them things from it too. I've really got the bug after making those ears and can't wait to make her some more.

DISNEY PURCHASES

I still haven't bought my Tusk mugs yet, but I did buy a Tusk jute bag on the Emma Bridgewater website which I'm going to use when we're spending time at the pool at AKL. We can put our resort mugs, sun cream, hats, etc in there (always thinking!).

I also had a little trip to Morrisons earlier today where I found some cute clothes for Amelia which I have put away.

Well I think that's it for now. 452 days to go!

THINGS TO DO:

Book accommodation CHECK!
Purchase Ultimate tickets CHECK!
Book memory maker CHECK!
Request bunk beds in the room CHECK!
Link to MDE – CHECK!

Renew Oliver and Amelia's passports
Book Flights
Book airport hotel
Book ADR's (5th April 2017)
Book MNSSHP tickets
Book Fast Pass+ (3rd August 2017)
Book travel insurance
Estas
Book Magical Express
Book Car hire for two days
Book Grand Plaza Hotel (one night stay)
PLAN PLAN PLAN!

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Old 7 Jul 16, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wizzo
Childish Halfwit

wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
Wizzo, if you're reading this, I'm not copying your holiday entirely, honest, but I just fell in love with everything you did at St Pete's, so we have decided we're going to stay in the same place!
Bloody copycat!

I'm joking... finding gems like Bongos bar and sharing it with Dibbers is what it's all about!

Enjoy!

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Love the dress, ears and skirts you've made! They're gorgeous and your daughter is going to look lovely in them. I'm going in October 2017 too, will look out for you!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Am in love with that material, I really wish I had a crafty/sewing bone in my body!
Great update, I too am toying with either St Petes or Clearwater for a night too! Wizzo you should be on commission 😁

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List