Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Dec 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
8lovesmickey
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Super and Ultimate FP Purchase Questions

Hi! I'm visiting DL Paris for two weekdays in May with two friends. It's our first (and maybe only) time. We are planning to spend two full days but want to make the most of them - does anyone have experience with buying either the Super or Ultimate FP? We're learning toward splurging on the Super (one FP for everything for one day) for one of the days. Thoughts?

Also I noticed on the DLP website that if we're not staying on Disneyland property we can't purchase them yet (they're only available until April 1 as of today). Anyone know anything about that? Thanks!
8lovesmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Which dates are you going? Weekdays in May are some of the quietest times you can go, the Disneyland Park will likely be open until 10.30pm, that combined with the fact you are going for two days makes me think you don’t need to be paying out extra for Fastpasses.
This crowd calendar may help:
ooparc/fr/177-Parc_D...Frequentation/

Remember that DLP also has a free fastpass option that you will be able to use if there are a couple of rides with big waits. You just scan your park ticket at the machine near the ride and get a return time to come back later and join the fastpass queue.

Also bear in mind that not all attractions are covered by those extra paying options.

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
8lovesmickey

Thanks! - We're going May 27 and 28 (Weds and Thurs). The crowd calendar shows second-to-the-lowest for business on those days, but I don't see park hours yet.

I have used the FP system at Disneyland in California, so it sounds like their free system is the same.

Is there a place I can look to see which rides are top priority for getting fastpasses? If it's like Disneyland, there are rides you definitely need to plan for and others that offer FP's even though you rarely need one.

Research is part of the fun for me so I appreciate the info!
8lovesmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The park hours won’t be confirmed until a couple of months before, however based on previous years closing times, and the fact it needs to be dark for the nighttime Illuminations show, I would expect at least 10pm, maybe 11pm park close for those dates. So plenty of time to get things done!

The FP system at DLP is the same principle as the DL one yes, rides wise Big Thunder is definitely worth fast passing in the Disneyland Park, as is Peter Pan.

Buzz is often another good one to FP, but this will be closed on your dates as it’s down for a long refurb next year.

In the Studios Park, Ratatouille is a good option, but there is also a single rider line which usually has a 5min wait.

Crush’s Coaster is the ride that gets the longest queue in this park, but it doesn’t have fastpass (paid or free) so it’s a case of waiting for that one.

Hope that helps.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Those dates fall within UK school holidays so will be moderately busy but as mentioned about with two full days and the late park hours you should have more than enough time to do everything without paying out for the ultimate fastpasses.

Are you staying on-site? If so, the Extra Magic Time will be so useful too.

I also wouldn't bother with fastpass for Ratatouille - we always use single rider and have never waited more than 5 minutes due to the seating being in rows of 3. Another good single rider option is the Parachute Drop as, once again, they are rows of 3. Single Rider on RC racer is not quite as efficient and I'd never go single rider if there were more than 5 people in front of me as you can sometimes go a few cycles without any single riders being needed (as they are rows of 4).
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
8lovesmickey

Thanks! Super helpful! For budget we are leaning toward staying in a "partner hotel" -- debating between a couple -- so we'll have access to the park shuttle but I don't think we'll get the early entry. I am traveling with 5 others (all adults), and three of us are Disney-crazed fans but the other three want to explore elsewhere around Paris. We're trying to accommodate everyone... we are actually stopping in Paris 'on our way' to Greece to visit family and friends for a week -- because Paris is an "extra" few days we weren't originally planning on, we are trying to do it as cheaply as possible while still seeing as much as we can.

Also is the Buzz Lightyear the same ride as the ones in the American parks? I know there are several rides at DLP that are much different than their American versions. I've heard the Space Mountain is epic. Thanks again!
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
Also is the Buzz Lightyear the same ride as the ones in the American parks? I know there are several rides at DLP that are much different than their American versions. I've heard the Space Mountain is epic. Thanks again!
Yes Buzz is very similar to the US versions, so if you have done those you aren't missing much.

Space Mountain at DLP is definitely different to the US versions, Big Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor are also must do's!

There are also the attractions that are unique to DLP such as Alice Curious Labyrinth, Ratatouille and Crush's Coaster. Tower of Terror has recently been upgraded in Paris to feature new effects and story lines too.

Show wise, Mickey and the Magician will be on during your dates, don't miss this! If you are Marvel fans there will also be a Marvel stunt show in the Studios.