Notices

Old 20 Apr 19, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 12 - Thursday 18th April

The plan for today was back to Universal (sadly no front of line passes though!).
After yesterday's late night, everyone was tired, so we'd planned a later start as we wanted to see the fireworks & water spectacular around the lagoon tonight as well.
Despite being near the end of the holiday, we had completely run out of milk, bread & water bottles. So off to Walmart again this morning for these items (and some more breakfast items).
We also decided to have an early lunch at the villa as we'd previously bought some pizzas which were still in our freezer (and to save money which is fast running out!).
Lunch consumed, we headed off to Universal Studios, and first ride was The Simpson's (as it had the shortest standby queue- 25 minutes). We've ridden this a few times now,
so the videos they play in the queues are getting a bit repetitive now. however, the main thing is that the kids still like it, and the ride itself is quite enjoyable.
It was quite a hot day & we'd already gone through most of the water bottles we'd bought with us, so we stopped for lemonade slushes, sprites & diet cokes at one of the kiosk bars nearby. At the time of paying, DH had youngest DD next to him talking 19 to the dozen. The total for the drinks came to about $25 and as we were low on cash, DH wrote the tip amount onto the receipt. Luckily we stood near the bar drinking, as the bar tender came out to check the tip. DH had accidentally given them a 100% tip! At least they were honest & it was rectified quickly!
The 2 older kids wanted then to ride RRR while we took the 2 youngest back to Minions (which had a 75 minute standby as opposed to 30 mins for RRR). On the way through Central Park we saw Spongebob & co in a little parade along the street, so we stopped & watched the action for a while. We continued on our way to Minions & older kids to RRR. We'd been queuing a while and were situated in the back queuing row (near to a CM who asks how many in your party). Obviously there were only 4 of us, but middle DD forgot & said 6. Low & behold, we then see our eldest 2 waving at us just outside the ride (having walked back from RRR). It's a bit cheeky, but the CM saw them as well & must've thought they'd been out of line & returned (as a few people had done to get snacks etc), anyway she let my eldest 2 in to join us - so they got a bonus ride back on Minions. On the exit, we saw a short queue to meet the Minions so 3 of my kids have their photo taken (the other deciding not to have it done! 🤷‍♀️
We were stood debating about which ride to go on next, when we notice security marking out the pavements for the parade, and as this is something we'd not done so far (and most ride queues were 1 hour plus), we decided to watch. Luckily the kids had enough room to sit along the pavement edge, and DH and I benefited from another Dibb tip, that being to stand behind the bins so no-one can stand in front of you! Fortunately they weren't smelly (which I was a bit worried about).

Again,I seem to have lost some photos from my phone 😭 as took loads in the parade, but they just not showing.
We had a general wander after this. The kids wanted to look inside the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (we will have to save eating here for another trip). It was really busy, even the shop part, so we literally just had a quick nosey.
The standby queues were still horrendous, so we purchased a few snacks at the kiosks (in place of lunch), and ate these. It does make for an expensive day at Universal not being able to take your own food in. I was sorely tempted to bring sandwiches etc in. Have any of you managed it without being stopped? Just to add, I saw a few people in the queue for Minions with what looked like home-made sandwiches & pasta salads.
We stayed for the water & fireworks show (which was enjoyable, but not a patch on Fantasmic I feel). We sat on a bench in Central Park, but had a side view of the water fans. When I stood up after the show, I had a soaring pain in my left ankle, which looked a little swollen (although I haven’t injured it), and also have a bit of a rash on my lower leg, so hobbled all the way back to the car.
Apologies again for the lack of photos, I just don’t know what’s happened to my photos!

Edited at 04:08 AM. Reason: Add photos & text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day hope your leg is ok tomorrow

Joan
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Shame its coming to an end I hope your leg is ok!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh no! Hope your leg is ok tomorrow.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good Universal day. Hope your leg is ok.
Old 6 May 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great day at Universal, hope your legs ok.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great universal day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List