Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Does this sound right price wise?

Just under £1600 for 2 adults, 2 children around the first weekend of May (2 days in term so the children would be out of school)
3 nights at the sequoia lodge with the HB & gift card, and flights from manchester.

Seems so much money for a 3 night holiday, but florida is definitely out of the question for a while as the prices there are shocking.

We've done Florida with children, and we've done DLP before we had children, this would just be a disney fix, and i also think that my DS would love the Marvel stuff.
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Friday 1st May is a public holiday in France - so that weekend is likely to be peak pricing. It will also be very busy. Can you check for other dates in May and see if you can find better prices (and quieter parks!).

You might find May half term reasonable, it is also not a French school holiday week so the parks aren't as busy as other school holiday times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a play around. I was trying to include our first bank holiday as I know it's been moved to the 8th may next year. So my dates were 6-9th may.

I'll try half term, I expected it to be more expensive, but I might be surprised
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Depending on where you live you might want to check easyJet from Liverpool or Luton. Have you also checked other countries DLP websites for their offers? I’d imagine the french site will have offers for next spring in the next month or so.
I still consider 35% off and either free meal plan, or free under-12s, to be my benchmark of a decent offer for a DLP on-site hotel/tickets deal.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The flight times for Liverpool are a bit rubbish, if we're there for 3 nights I want to maximise the amount of time we have available.
I've played around with dates, it seems £1600 ish is pretty good. Going over half term boosts the price up quite a bit.
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Seems very high. We are paying a few hundred more for 4 nights in disneyand hotel with free hb this december(2A 2C). Sure that is low season when we are going but that includes premium HB.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

I actually don't think that's a bad price for a peak weekend to say you've got flights & meals included.

In case you're not aware though there is a rundisney Princess event happening between the 8th & 10th May so with the bank holiday as well that weekend will be very busy!

If your family is interested in taking part the expo is friday, 5k Saturday morning & 8k Sunday morning

Edited to add I just found out the Saturday is also Dapper day!

Edited at 08:54 AM.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chids View Post
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a play around. I was trying to include our first bank holiday as I know it's been moved to the 8th may next year. So my dates were 6-9th may.

I'll try half term, I expected it to be more expensive, but I might be surprised
I think your original price isn’t too bad since it includes travel. If your half term is near the end of the month then bear in mind that too will be on or near a French public holiday. Ascension Day is manic apparently.. We are going early May to take advantage of the uk bank holiday, cheaper prices and avoiding the busier ascension day.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Ascension is 21st May next year.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry, just got back to this. Having played around with prices, it seems it isn't too bad. Food/drink/transport/tickets is included apart from getting from CDG to DLP

I spotted it was the run Disney weekend, we definitely aren't runners so we won't be doing this, and if it impacts on crowds a lot, then we will give that date a miss.

I want the cheapest time where the kids have a minimal amount of time off school and also ideally be there for the marvel events which run from 24/3 to 7/6