Notices

View Poll Results: Will the WDW price increases affect your holiday plans?
I won't visit the WDW parks. 168 15.98%
It won't affect my holiday. 510 48.53%
I'll still visit the WDW parks and pay reluctantly. 373 35.49%
Voters: 1051. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jun 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFee
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LIZH View Post
Prefer Discovery Cove myself, I do love Disney but they are too pricey as we don't do rides so it's s lot of money just to walk around.
I do think there needs to be a reduced rate for those not participating as there are often loads of people who don't do rides...
FloridaFee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are DVC members so it won't stop us. We don't go every year (usually every other) and can't see us stopping that at the moment. Maybe when son has gone it will be better for us as could go off peak so reducing some of the costs but we will see. Have swapped out before and used the points in Boston, London and Scotland and done Med cruise but always end up back in Florida.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's really interesting when you read through from when the thread started that people expected the parks to get quieter due to the price increases. Yes park attendance was reported to be down last year but did anyone take into account the Olympics and zika ? There were Lots of reports of parks being unusually quiet last July and august but this year parks wait times have been pretty bad with lots of dibbers reporting how busy the parks actually are. Throw in Star Wars and toy story land and I don't think you will see a quiet time again just more price increases but I dint think that will stop people especially Star Wars which has a huge fan base.
What its done for us is choose between Disney and universal . We choose Disney this time , perhaps both companies will rethink ticket options/prices for uk visitors so they both get a share?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd forgotten I started this thread all that time ago!
Lots of people at the start said they'd reduce their WDW time but who could see 2 years ago how much the other parks would increase prices, and how the dollar would fall!
We only ever 'do' the Universals every few trips (and especially now with this years increase for Volcano Bay which doesn't interest us). We haven't been to Seaworld or Busch for years after going every time, so our hols are now WDW, shopping and finding quieter places to drive to for a day, or experiences within WDW that we haven't done.
Nothing much has changed in our planning. We've already booked OKW next year, and will be doing the Universals, MNSSHP etc as DD is going with us and hasn't been since 2013.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:14 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

We're going next February and I reluctantly suggested to my husband that perhaps we shouldn't buy the Disney park tickets. I was really happy when he totally vetoed that idea and pointed out that our eldest will be almost 10 and that he might not want to do disney the next time we visit after that (of course there will be a next time!). He said we need to just pay it and not let ourselves think about how much it's going up. And this is the man who usually says "how much?!?!" In a disbelieving voice to any holiday cost! At least having had the conversation I know it's not just me pushing for it and that he too is a (not so secret) disney fan
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

WDTC have sold out a lot of their cheaper rooms at all levels of accommodation! I looked for potentially changing our dates of travel, or the accommodation for our dates and shocked about how little is left to choose from!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Essex Benjy's!
Imagineer

The high vote for it won't effect shows why prices will continue to increase until it does sadly.
It was supposed to be for the masses but that's sadly no longer the case.
We only have to view people's planners are so long away to see how long most people save for this.
Sadly the higher prices won't make the lines any shorter too ( for those thinking that ) we will all continue to be asked to pay more while the majority fail to realise if we all Kay to jump a que then the new que remains the same length?!
Essex Benjy's! is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Prices have risen significantly since this thread started and it’s still as busy as ever!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Ha, just sat reading through this, then clocked the date it started - way back in 2015!

Wonder how many who commented back then stuck to their decisions?

We actually bought DVC in 2015, so have no plans to stop visiting WDW any time soon... some of the more recent price hikes have got my back up somewhat, but at the same time, Disney is a business and they care about their bottom line and their shareholders. Unless people stop visiting in droves (and judging by the crowds that isn't happening at all!)
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I posted it 3 years ago it keeps popping back up!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List