Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Feb 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

food at MCO or on route to Disney?

Our first visit to florida we had a big breakfast before the flight, food on the flight and I took loads of snacks for the kids knowing they wouldn't be keen on the airline meals.

This time we have booked lowfare with Norwegian and paid for 1 hold case as I prefer to travel hand luggage only (had a case damaged on arrival many years ago - not florida) meaning we have no meals. We plan to have big breakfast before we fly at 10am, take snacks and buy a few meal deals in Boots to put in hand luggage but think we will need something before we pick up our hire car and drive to our apartment for the first night. We are open to stopping off on the way if food at MCO isn't great or over priced as we just want something quick and cheap.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Are you collecting the car at the airport? If you are I would stop at a Chilis/Longhorn/Logans/AppleBees/Olive Garden type place on the way to your accommodation.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
There's a food court at MCO you could use if you want to eat before getting the car. Panda Express, McDdonalds type places.

Alternatively, loads of places on the way to your accommodation. We've sometimes called in at a Subway so we'd have something as soon as we got in before unpacking, but now the kids are older we'll wait until we are in and then pop out to get groceries and some pizza or pasta somewhere.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

We stay on site and I have learned the hard way to pick up something at MCO if we are landing in the evening. Multiple times we have gotten to the resort at 9 PM and found the food court offerings few and far between and not particularly fresh. The worse was WL where we could barely piece together a meal.

I have only stayed at deluxes and moderates, perhaps values with bigger food courts are better.

I have never stopped on the way, although I would guess you will pass several fast food chains, many with a drive through.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi either eat at airport or go straight to resort as it's only 25/30 mins drive
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi either eat at airport or go straight to resort as it's only 25/30 mins drive
That's my thoughts on this and tbh going 9 hours with just sandwich & snacks I'm not sure I'll be an even partially functioning navigator as suffer from getting 'hangry' (my husband thought I'd made that word up ).

If there is a Mcdonalds at the airport it will be easier for us to eat (with luggage in tow) before we collect the car then go straight to the apartment to place my instacart order, and be drinking spiced rum & coke on the balcony while the kids settle in for the night (we'll be having cereal/cinnamon rolls for breakfast, moving to POR then dropping the car off at Disney springs Hilton the following day so no unpacking).

Really liking the instacart website, loading the cart early so I can just click order and have delivered within 2 hours, I'd spend that looking for items I wanted and getting distracted not to mention driving to publix & ABC fine wine & spirits and back
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

When our kids were smaller we grabbed them a Happy Meal at the airport before heading onto Disney. In both cases we did this they were also changed into Pj’s and once they’d fallen asleep in the car they remained asleep until the next morning. They woke early but had they not eaten it would have been much earlier I’m sure! They were 1&3 then 3&4 at the time.

On Norwiegan there’s also an option to order some food while onsite, hot sandwiches and snacks (but you’ll already have those).

Edited at 07:29 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We always go to five guys on send lake rd on way from airport, it's next to big Wal-Mart, luv 5 guys it's first night tradition for us now
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are taking food onto the aircraft then you will be fine until you get to your resort.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List