Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Philadelphia Layover

We are looking to fly indirect on our return journey. Fort Myers- Philadelphia - Heathrow. Is a 3 hour layover in Philadelphia long enough? We will have 2 children in tow.
Old 18 Jun 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Assuming it's booked on a single ticket, it's more than enough time unless you have some severe delays out of Fort Myers. Your bags will be checked through to LHR and you should already have boarding passes for the second flight. So all it will be is a gate change. Possibly a terminal change if you're flying AA as they have multiple terminals, but that's simple enough as it can be done airside.

ETA: Last time I did an indirect flight in the US, the gates ended up being literally next to each other. I had 3 hours, needed about 5 minutes.

Edited at 01:27 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

on the way home, it's more than enough
you don't have to do anything except go from one gate to the next

your main concern will be to keep the kids entertained while waiting for your plane home
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Assuming it's booked on a single ticket, it's more than enough time unless you have some severe delays out of Fort Myers. Your bags will be checked through to LHR and you should already have boarding passes for the second flight. So all it will be is a gate change. Possibly a terminal change if you're flying AA as they have multiple terminals, but that's simple enough as it can be done airside.

ETA: Last time I did an indirect flight in the US, the gates ended up being literally next to each other. I had 3 hours, needed about 5 minutes.
I assume it is a single ticket, because I am booking it as part of a BA holiday? Thank you for your reply.
Old 18 Jun 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alannamr
Serious Dibber

We're flying MAN-PHI-TPA and the same on the wY back. We have approx 1hr 50 mins each time at Philly!
alannamr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Easy airport no problem
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

2hr 10min layover on way at PHL to MCO. Not at all worried. Hoping we have time for a beer and Philly cheesesteak sandwich at either Tony Luke's or Chickie's & Pete's.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Heilanger
Excited about Disney

3 hours is loads of time. We went through Philadelphia a couple of years ago on the GLA - PHL - TPA and it was a slick airport to get through despite being pretty large! There are lots of shops and eating places to while away your time as well.
Heilanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bethyboo View Post
We are looking to fly indirect on our return journey. Fort Myers- Philadelphia - Heathrow. Is a 3 hour layover in Philadelphia long enough? We will have 2 children in tow.
Yes. For a return? More than enough, I managed to grab a beer and only had 50 minutes.

You want around 2 hours ideally for the outward journey.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hiya Beth - 3 hour layover gives plenty of time. I'm researching flights for this winter, looking at Ft Myers to Phili to Man with a 1 hour 15 mins layover.