Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshireguy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Yikes! I'm now wondering if I've made a big mistake!
I wouldn't worry. There is no way they will let off downstairs Economy passengers before the Premium Bubble Passengers normally.

We can't wait to go in the Bubble. Our 5 year old has no idea we are going to Florida yet. She finds out on the day and has always gone on about sitting upstairs!
Yorkshireguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

How old are the kids?
Its an adventure for them aswell.
My two were 8 and 12 first time in the bubble
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkshireguy View Post
I wouldn't worry. There is no way they will let off downstairs Economy passengers before the Premium Bubble Passengers normally.

We can't wait to go in the Bubble. Our 5 year old has no idea we are going to Florida yet. She finds out on the day and has always gone on about sitting upstairs!
Yes YG, perhaps they've changed their offloading module since we flew PE bubble 2013/2014. Some pax became frustrated behind the man on the bottom stair as he simply refused to move and slot in with disembarking downstairs economy, we were at the back of PE and could hear irate people up the stairs into the cabin shouting at him to move it/get out of the way! I thought it was perhaps a blip but 6 months later the crew offloaded the same at Man.

A VA exec advised there's no official ruling of how the aircraft should be disembarked following downstairs PE/UC, it's crew discretion. After VA placed economy seating in the 747 upper PE cabin VA changed their wording re PE to; 'With dedicated check in and bag drop, we'll fast track your airport experience. Plus you’ll enjoy priority boarding and where possible, you and your bags will be one of the first off the plane when we arrive'.

Should the UK (ever) become eligible for immigration/customs pre-clearance disembarkation will likely not be an issue... be canny arriving pre-cleared at MCO
Old 22 May 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
We flew PE in the bubble, out Nov 2013, back May 2014, on both occasions the crew offloaded as follows:

Lower PE
Lower UC
Lower economy with upstairs trying to push and shove their way into the fray of free for all.

We felt it was quite dangerous for bairns due to the steep stairs. Whilst we hung back we noticed economy pax were stood on downward stairs with others chomping on the bit to be off, crew held them back until lower PE/UC were off then left the remaining pax to their own devices. All it would take is one person/piece of hand luggage to come tumbling down those stairs and most would be tumbling like pins.
Exactly the same happened to us in late 2015 . They held back the bubble and economy moved forward . There is no stopping them f the crew don't stand there as it's easier for downstairs to get off than the people on the stairs . The crew were useless tbh .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Exactly the same happened to us in late 2015 . They held back the bubble and economy moved forward . There is no stopping them f the crew don't stand there as it's easier for downstairs to get off than the people on the stairs . The crew were useless tbh .
Hi Mexy... the first time we flew PE in 2013, on the A330 during the 747 refurb, the crew were holding economy so PE could disembark. A pig ignorant gadgey in economy was determined he was getting off, he didn't care, he pushed the crew member with such force she'd have hit the ground had another crew member/galley top not been there for her to grab onto. He totally ignored what he'd done and was gone, only to come to a screeching halt a few yards later on the bridge as the message hadn't filtered down that immigration wanted us held on the aircraft as they weren't ready for our flight! The queue moved about 10 mins later with him rushing and pushing through.

Nowt as queer as folk!
Old 22 May 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

apart from being claustrophobic, i love being in a bigger space downstairs and hearing all the children being excited and having more space to walk(,if only to to loo!) I figure if im paying out to fly on a jumbo im not spending it in a bubble!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
apart from being claustrophobic, i love being in a bigger space downstairs and hearing all the children being excited and having more space to walk(,if only to to loo!) I figure if im paying out to fly on a jumbo im not spending it in a bubble!
Hopefully there won't be too many kids 'being excited' and ideally it'll be quieter in late October - we've picked the bubble anyway

Edited at 12:56 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

We we flew in the bubble we were let off at the same time as economy downstairs. This was oct 15. Perhaps it's changed but it think it's down to the crew. This time we are flying downstairs on the way out but coming back in the bubble as it is quieter.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
Hopefully there won't be too many kids 'being excited' and ideally it'll be quieter in late October - we've picked the bubble anyway
If you like it quieter Im sure you will like the bubble better..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Luigi
Helping Donald

Thanks to everyone for your replies. It seems like "the bubble" really is a personal preference.

I think I'm going to stick with the seats I have booked in the bubble, it'll be a new experience and we've only booked on the way out, so we will all be excited. My kids are both 11 (step bother and sister) and I think they will enjoy a new experience too.

Good information with regard to baggage claim though, hadn't really thought of that.

Thanks again,

L
Luigi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List