Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

Thomson Hand Luggage

Hi, does anyone know how many pieces of hand luggage you can take on PE flight. can i take my hand bag and hand luggage bag?
disneylady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I did with no issues at all.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i think it all depends on the size of the handbag! its its really small, i doubt itll be an issue, but if its a large one, they may question it...

officially, you're only allowed one piece of carry on baggage. gf usually takes a large cabin bag and puts her handbag inside while weighing, then takes it out of the bag after security
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
always thought it was one piece each, Sanford is strict

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

It was 1 piece weighing max 5kgs last year and don't think it has changed this year.
As Saratoska mentions if you get away with it this side you probably won't on the Sanford side.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
It was 1 piece weighing max 5kgs last year and don't think it has changed this year.
As Saratoska mentions if you get away with it this side you probably won't on the Sanford side.
for premium it can weigh up to 7KGs in premium

This is directly from their website

You can take 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 5kg and with maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm on a Thomson Airways flight. On some holidays you’re allowed 7kg – this will be clearly shown whilst you’re booking if it applies. Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand luggage. You must be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. You can bring a Trunki case as hand luggage, as long as it weighs less than 5kg.

Sanford are very strict on weight. They gave me a hard time last year and made me put my folder with tickets passports etc back in to hand luggage before it was weighed

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

I am pretty sure that it is 7kg for the hand luggage, I think I will go with the one just to prevent any issues, thanks for the replying xxx
disneylady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

We fly with Thomson to Sanford from either EMA or Birmingham twice a year and the weight check-in varies a lot TBH. It depends on who they have actually doing the ground operations for them, and the clerk you get.

Obviously the hold baggage is always weighed and rarely much, if any, leeway given. However sometimes (like us 3 weeks ago at EMA) the hand baggage is just glanced at. Mrs R offers to stuff her handbag into her carry on bag but normally they just weigh the two together. I similarly put all my bits into my computer bag, but anything that's still in my jacket pockets stays there!

At Sanford yes, as others have said, they can be more officious and fussy. But last week there were about 10 Thomson uniformed clerks doing the check-in and our charming lady didn't even want to weigh our carry-on stuff. We were through in no time.
Old 29 May 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
At Sanford yes, as others have said, they can be more officious and fussy. But last week there were about 10 Thomson uniformed clerks doing the check-in and our charming lady didn't even want to weigh our carry-on stuff. We were through in no time.
i find chatting to the desk person and (if possible) asking about upgrading to PE/ELR/whatever sometimes helps... one year we mentioned that if our bags werent over, we could afford to upgrade our seats on the way home... they only weighed our check-in cases, not our carry on (because we would have been over by a few kgs if they had)

obviously though, you need to be prepared to follow through on this! i suspect the staff there may be on commission for upgrades and not so much for overweight baggage costs...

but no matter how friendly/chatty you are or how much you upgrade, if you get the wrong person at checkin, youre done for...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List