Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you want to see the MK fireworks make sure you check which days they are on. It's not on on party nights as they have a different show for MNSSHP which is worth viewing from outside the park If you can(Cali grill, poly beach, etc)
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go over Halloween and you need to have some plan . It's busy to say the least. Halloween, food and wine, make a difference and it gets busier every year.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I would say a WDW vacation is a must for planning..We just winged it on our first trip in 2004, big, big, mistake...And I must admit, planning out your ADRS, FP, park hour times, meet and greet locations, etc, add to the excitement..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We have winged it in the past but this was way back in the late 90s. Last time we went in 2013 and I planned, however we didn't have any adrs as we had the qsdp. We hope to back possibly next year and I imagine I will have to plan a lot more if we want to do all we want to.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We do not normally visit Disney at all, preferring the other two franchises on our last 4 Florida vacations, however this Easter we visited Animal Kingdom for just the day and on a whim.
I would never, ever do this again without planning (which we clearly were unable to do as we paid at the gate). Whilst we managed to get straight to, and onto the Safari, the rest of the day was an utter and total nightmare without FP. This was despite knowing the park backwards. As always, we were in at rope drop and even had a plan, but still there was little point
Animal Kingdom is hardly flush with 'big rides', but we failed to get on the river Rapids and queued for 2 hours at Everest late in the day.
In our opinion, it is now rather pointless attending a Disney park without planning and thus, FP. We will not make that mistake again and will keep our £100 per person for other things.
Disney is for us, off the menu permanently in Florida. I certainly don't want a multi day ticket. I will be visiting the 2 x parks in California next year as they still use the (imho) much fairer for non planners, old fast pass system.

This is not a dig at Disney. The rules are clear and there for everybody, merely an agreeing that planning is now pretty much essential in this franchise (and 1 day, on the gate tickets pointless).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:00 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Serious Dibber

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Plan a little or queue a lot that's our motto. As others have said - plan your FPs (you can often change them on the day if you want to but not for the big ticket rides) and then go with the flow around them. We always book FPs for the afternoons so we can have lazy mornings if needed... have fun!
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by layregula View Post
we have a loose plan, will book some FP of rides we really want to do in advance, so seven dwarfs, test track etc. But that is it, the last time we stayed in Disney and changed the fast passes daily if we felt going to a differnt park the next day. They only fastpass we couldnt change the night before was seven dwarfs so we attended this but we managed to get everything we wanted the night before or day off. we had two ADR with BOG so kept them, but everything else we go with the flow.

I know some people though who are total planners and they enjoy the holiday as much as we enjoy it going with the flow, depends on what you would enjoy!
thats about the level of planning i did too for our Orlando trip, i planned more FPs ahead for our first 3 or 4 days at 60 days out, then went with the flow really. The only ADRs we made more than a month in advance were Be our Guest lunch and Beaches & Cream. We got another Be our Guest lunch booking the day before we wanted to go, same with all of our FPs in our 2nd week in Orlando. We couldn't get SDMT in our 2nd week, but we could everything else. I was there with 2 teenagers, and we just wouldn't have kept rigidly to any kind of daily plan.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Disney is for us, off the menu permanently in Florida. I certainly don't want a multi day ticket. I will be visiting the 2 x parks in California next year as they still use the (imho) much fairer for non planners, old fast pass system.

This is not a dig at Disney. The rules are clear and there for everybody, merely an agreeing that planning is now pretty much essential in this franchise (and 1 day, on the gate tickets pointless).
Just so you know, California is moving towards electronic systems called MaxPass. They're introducing some time this year. From what I've read, it won't be the 30/60 system like WDW, but will be via the app. It's launching as an optional (paid) service so the paper FPs will still be available.

If popular, I could see them moving towards it for all guests and including it in an increased ticket cost. It may be more likely to stay on the day than in advance though, as DLR has a much larger local guest base than WDW. But who knows!

Edited at 12:30 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Just so you know, California is moving towards electronic systems called MaxPass. They're introducing some time this year. From what I've read, it won't be the 30/60 system like WDW, but will be via the app. It's launching as an optional (paid) service so the paper FPs will still be available.

If popular, I could see them moving towards it for all guests and including it in an increased ticket cost. It may be more likely to stay on the day than in advance though, as DLR has a much larger local guest base than WDW. But who knows!
Thankyou for that information. I will be watching carefully during the next 305 days. I hope it hits snags and gets binned. The old paper system worked fairly and most importantly, equally for ALL park guests.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessBower
Getting Excited

I used to love to go with the flow...I don't like to have a plan of what time I have to eat or where I need to be on a certain day...but the way Disney world is nowadays means on some days you have to have a bit of a plan if you want to do certain attractions or restaurants. I hate that!
PrincessBower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List