Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile Manchester airport with toddler

I know we're not the first people to take a toddler on holiday but has anyone got any hints/tips on the best ways to keep DD entertained for a few hours in the airport? Hopefully eating breakfast should keep her busy for a while and the usual stroll around shops but was wondering if there is anything I might not know about.

I was going to try the VRoom but haven't booked a package so it's a no go.

Any info would be great!
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

From the Manchester Airport website - section Travelling with Children.

Play areas
There is a soft play area located in Terminal 2. The Terminal 2 play area has a dedicated toddler section suitable for under 3's, plus a zone for slightly older children. Located in the Departures Lounge next to Gate 213.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Depending on how old your child is try Googling 'Manchester airport autism booklet'. It's a guide through the airport designed to help autistic children but is actually
Great for all children. It has activities and things to look out for. Almost like an I spy booklet.
If you've a young toddler this may not work but if you have a 3 year plus it may be suitable.
Alternatively there is a whsmith kids shop in all terminals I think that has kids books etc. Or buy a couple of new colouring or activity books before you go and surprise them with them at the airport.
You could also book into the escape lounge as this doesn't need to be part of the package and offers almost the same facilities.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We took our little one to a small soft play area when we went in 2015. It burnt off a little energy before the long flight!
Old 28 May 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't plan 'a few hours'. At Manchester terminal 1, you won't be more than 15 mins walk from security to your gate. At t2 or t3 this is more likely to be 5 mins. If you have a buggy they will show you through the equivalent to fast track through security. I've never waited long at Manchester, but even if you accounted for 30 mins check in, 30 mins security (ps you won't need this long), I really wouldn't arrive more than. 2.5 hours before the flight, including time to park the car, check in & do security.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
From the Manchester Airport website - section Travelling with Children.
That's great! I did have a quick look at the website but obviously missed this bit.

Thank you

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I wouldn't plan 'a few hours'. At Manchester terminal 1, you won't be more than 15 mins walk from security to your gate. At t2 or t3 this is more likely to be 5 mins. If you have a buggy they will show you through the equivalent to fast track through security. I've never waited long at Manchester, but even if you accounted for 30 mins check in, 30 mins security (ps you won't need this long), I really wouldn't arrive more than. 2.5 hours before the flight, including time to park the car, check in & do security.
Yeah 2.5 - 3 hours is about right for us. Before DD we've just chilled in a lounge with a drink before our flights but you never quite know with a little one so rather have more time than less.