Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Advice re. Unplanned budget week in disney/orlando

Ok so I know there is no such thing as a cheap Disney holiday but dh and I just need to get away and the only place I wanna go is Florida (a week in Spain will just not cut it)

So... we are not tied to school holidays, it's just the 2 of us and dh prefers direct (from Scotland) flights due to hassle of booking extra leg room seats on multi stop flights.

I have found these 3 options:

1 - late Sep 7 nights direct virgin flights, Disney all star music with tickets for £2300 (total for 2)

2 - start of July (nice and short count down) 7 nights Thomas cook direct staying at clarion inn but not doing Disney £1860 (total for 2)

3 - late Sep 7 nights direct virgin flights staying at Avanti hotel but not doing Disney £1520 (total for 2)

I guess my question is do these deals seem ok price wise for the time of year and how do others cope with being so close to Disney and not going? Well maybe just a day at AK for avatar

Thanks for any replies

Edited at 07:55 PM.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

There are some good last minute holidays on Thomson's at the moment some going from Glasgow to POP flying on 21st Aug £808 each, CSR £989 both for a week. Don't know if they are any good.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Would you be doing any parks? E.g. Universal?

Why would you only be doing Disney if on Disney property? You could stay at either of the other hotels, save money by eating off site but still do Disney?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

For us the only way to do Disney properly is on site, if we stay off site we would do Daytona, space centre etc ... not big fans of universal.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kala
Trying for More Ears

Can you do 10 nights if so have a look at Thomson dreamliner they fly to Sanford but I do believe they do a shuttle service to resorts or if driving you can pick up a car the flights are early xxx
Kala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

If we do a week visit - as we are in under 3 weeks time - we generally don't do Disney.

We never stay onsite anyway & with 4 Disney parks to do + Typhoon Lagoon (not Blizzard Beach fans) you are pushed for time, in our opinion. Add to this, we never spend a full day at any park - we like to park hop & break the day up with other activities, such as mini-golf / shopping etc.

This time we have got the Universal / SeaWorld combo ticket, so have access to the 3 Universal Parks, plus SeaWorld, Aquatica & Busch Gardens. This will suit us fine for a chill-out week of park-hopping. Also, the Combo ticket we've got is slightly cheaper than Disney would have been. I should add we are rollercoaster fans, so Universal & SeaWorld cater for us a bit better than Disney in this respect.

To be honest, the Disney Park we will really miss in June will be Typhoon Lagoon, as we just love that insane surf wave! We will, however, enjoy visiting Volcano Bay and seeing what that has to offer.

Whenever we go for 2 weeks or longer, we always do all the parks & have a hefty ticket bill!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I have to agree we did 3* 1 week and didn't do disney as kids are too old now at 10 -12 they are more into minions and HP than dumbo and mickey. Not to mention the 350£ price per ticket

Disney ticket pricing doesn't do anything to encourage a one week park hopper ticket it's insanely expensive.

I'd happily go and just do one park (Busch gardens) and the space center and loads of time at the pools and chilling.

We went to Cyprus this may and I thought another 5 hours on the plane I could have been in Orlando. Not that long is it?

Edited at 10:56 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List