Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Travel insurance question.

We are away in a couple of weeks so sorting out the small stufff.

We have travel insurance through our bank and gone through the screening process.

I had plantar fasciitis and declared it even though I hadn't used any medication in six months and there was no extra costs involved. It's been gone for as long as I've stopped the medication.

However I'm thinking it makes sense to take the medication with us. Just in case.
As I'm going back to the doctors (to get the repeat prescription), do I need to call the travel insurance again?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

i don't see the need to declare plantar fasciitis. At most your go may give you naproxen. If you have pain out there naproxen is an over the counter medicine you can get from any pharmacy. The only time I would say inform your insurance company is if you had a steroid injection to try treat it (please don't take this option from your go get someone who knows what there doing)

That being said the effect of naproxen on plantar fasciitis is minimal as the fascia band itself is not vascular. Best way you can manage fascia pain over there is to regular calf stretches ( I advise single heel drops 5x daily 20 seconds each stretch). Also don't use footwear like sandals or sketchers as this will cause fascia pain.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definitely tell your insurers. The fact that you deemed it necessary to renew your prescription would be taken by your insurers - in the event of a claim - as an indication that you were getting symptoms again. As the small print of any travel policy makes it clear that they would require to be notified of any change in medical circumstance, they could all too easily refuse to pay up.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
i don't see the need to declare plantar fasciitis. At most your go may give you naproxen. If you have pain out there naproxen is an over the counter medicine you can get from any pharmacy. The only time I would say inform your insurance company is if you had a steroid injection to try treat it (please don't take this option from your go get someone who knows what there doing)

That being said the effect of naproxen on plantar fasciitis is minimal as the fascia band itself is not vascular. Best way you can manage fascia pain over there is to regular calf stretches ( I advise single heel drops 5x daily 20 seconds each stretch). Also don't use footwear like sandals or sketchers as this will cause fascia pain.
It would be naproxen.

I'm 90%+ sure it's gone and won't come back.

It's a fall back. Just in case.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
It would be naproxen.

I'm 90%+ sure it's gone and won't come back.

It's a fall back. Just in case.
The stretching is the most important thing with plantar fasciitis do them each morning and you will be good to go.

In the event you do need some pain relief proof is below you can by naproxen over there

sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
The stretching is the most important thing with plantar fasciitis do them each morning and you will be good to go.

In the event you do need some pain relief proof is below you can by naproxen over there

That's great. Thanks.

I've done loads of stretching and it does work wonders.

I've never felt pain like it at the time. Some mornings when I woke up and forgot about it, I'd step out of bed and collapse in a heap