Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Oct 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Too much food...

We are now on the Home straight of our holidays and with only 2 days left I have 60 snack credits left and 30 quick service.

Managed to use all my table service credits though! At no point have we ever been hungry! Need to pop to Disney Springs and convert some of them into stuff to bring home!
Old 4 Oct 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

WISH I was there to help you use them...have never had disney dining... everything always OOP..and its expensive...enjoy
Old 4 Oct 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

We found we weren't using ours fast enough and increased our usage on drinks. This is some of what we used ours on.

Starbucks
Frozen lemonade
Ice creams
A few "dessert" items for QS meals
Churros during evening entertainment
Old 4 Oct 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We used our credits for drinks, did a few signatures and at the end had 5 snack credits left having had to pay OOP for food. I think the BoG breakfasts and the signatures were the problem.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

The booths at the food and wine festival at Epcot are a great way to use up some credits as you snack around the world. We did that a lot at the garden festival at Easter. Used a lot of qs credits as you can get 3 items from a booth with them 😊

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
The booths at the food and wine festival at Epcot are a great way to use up some credits as you snack around the world. We did that a lot at the garden festival at Easter. Used a lot of qs credits as you can get 3 items from a booth with them 😊
Yes that's how we used up a lot one day. I actually had a bit of a panic that we'd used too many! We then wished we'd had the opportunity to do it again but Irma denied us .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I though it was only us how have loads left used ours on milk for tea and coffee, drinks and bottles of water still. Last 2 times I have used our up in BW shop on fudge, cookies, bags of chip and dale nuts etc. Also we did save 3 QS meals for sandwiches and a drink for the airport on the way home. I found that we ended up sharing meals as there is too much food for us.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

The dining plan is indeed too much! It was great for a few days having table service every day but became a chore, quite time consuming too. (14 nights etc.)

Most recently we just had the quick service plan and worked really well as we stretched the credits across the whole day - booked table service where and when we liked.

I can't believe how anyone could use the deluxe plan!
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
We are now on the Home straight of our holidays and with only 2 days left I have 60 snack credits left and 30 quick service.

Managed to use all my table service credits though! At no point have we ever been hungry! Need to pop to Disney Springs and convert some of them into stuff to bring home!
Ghirardelli's is a good option with the season of excess looming. They have a small range avl on SC.

Yum

Disney332
Old 5 Oct 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by JLC View Post
The dining plan is indeed too much! It was great for a few days having table service every day but became a chore, quite time consuming too. (14 nights etc.)

Most recently we just had the quick service plan and worked really well as we stretched the credits across the whole day - booked table service where and when we liked.

I can't believe how anyone could use the deluxe plan!
People who choose the deluxe plan usually eat at a lot of signature restaurants. It wouldn't take long to get through them doing all the signatures plus dinner shows. We did 4 signatures over 12 nights and paid OOP for a few dinners as we were short on QS/TS credits. We eat 3 meals a day so easy to use up credits. Also there's only two of us so sharing is less of an option. We don't often want the same thing. We also found snack options to eek out the QS meals weren't great at the places we ate at. How successful you are at using all your credits depends on party size, where you eat and how you eat.

Trip Report Index