Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile BA child’s meal - any good?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the BA child’s meal option entails, please? We're flying LGW to MCO.

It would be great to know what the offerings are outbound and return, and to hear your thoughts.

If you have photos, or could point me in the direction of a recent trippy with photos, that would be great too.

It’s the first time our little one qualifies for a meal, so I’m curious what the meal includes. Also, I want to make sure it’s the sort of thing he’ll eat. 🙂

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if children get given child meals only if they specifically preorder them, and will otherwise be given the adult option?

Lots of questions! Sorry but you Dibbers always deliver. 😄

Thanks!
ASMu - Mar 2003 POFQ & CSR - May/Jun 2005 SSR - Aug/Sep 2008, Nov 2011, Apr 2013 and Aug 2015 POR - Nov 2009 GF Club Level for one night only Aug 2015 AoA - Aug 2016, Aug 2017 AKL - May/Jun 2018 BC and WL Aug 2022

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Blue Kangaroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We flew a week ago to Tampa, my kids got chicken nuggets and mash with sweet corn, peas and peppers, a bread roll, a grilled vegetable salad, carton of ribena and yeo valley yoghurt. Tea was cheese sandwich and kit kat. My two demolished it bar the salad and ribena. You do need to prebook it as they bring special order meals to the seat numbers first. I think I have a photo but haven't downloaded them from the camera as we are still here
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We flew a week ago to Tampa, my kids got chicken nuggets and mash with sweet corn, peas and peppers, a bread roll, a grilled vegetable salad, carton of ribena and yeo valley yoghurt. Tea was cheese sandwich and kit kat. My two demolished it bar the salad and ribena. You do need to prebook it as they bring special order meals to the seat numbers first. I think I have a photo but haven't downloaded them from the camera as we are still here
Thank you!

Hmmm, my three year old doesn’t eat nuggets (sometimes it would make life easier if he did but he doesn’t really like meat), however he’s a huge pasta fiend. Do you think it’s a problem for him to just have an adult meal? I was almost thinking of choosing a veggie option instead but then I worried he might get a Thai curry which isn’t his thing yet.

To be on the safe side, I’ll get a few bits from M&S too,
ASMu - Mar 2003 POFQ & CSR - May/Jun 2005 SSR - Aug/Sep 2008, Nov 2011, Apr 2013 and Aug 2015 POR - Nov 2009 GF Club Level for one night only Aug 2015 AoA - Aug 2016, Aug 2017 AKL - May/Jun 2018 BC and WL Aug 2022
Blue Kangaroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I don't see that it would be an issue if you just left it as the adult meal, then at least you get two choices. One option was a tomato and marscapone pasta with veg for us which my almost 2 year old liked (he didn't get a meal a travelling as an infant, so shared mine)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

This was the kids meal with BA in October 2017. We were Heathrow to Philadelphia.
My two enjoyed their meal thankfully 😁
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I don't see that it would be an issue if you just left it as the adult meal, then at least you get two choices. One option was a tomato and marscapone pasta with veg for us which my almost 2 year old liked (he didn't get a meal a travelling as an infant, so shared mine)
He would be very happy with that. I suspect that our little one would eat pasta every day if he could.

Thank you.
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post

This was the kids meal with BA in October 2017. We were Heathrow to Philadelphia.
My two enjoyed their meal thankfully 😁
Thanks for the photo. I knew there'd be a keen Dibber who'd deliver!

This would be my son's idea of a gourmet meal. Yummy pasta, strawberry yoghurt AND chocolate buttons. I'd probably get the fruit salad after he picked out the bits he liked.

I wonder if that meal's more typical of the Heathrow routes, rather than the Gatwick routes? I know they're run quite differently with Gatwick being seen as the bucket and spade brigade and Heathrow the more serious traveller.

Has anyone been given the pasta as a child's meal on the Gatwick route?