Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 15, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thanks for doing this Dan.

Typical, I have booked and paid in full through Alamo Brits so reads as if I can't do this! I will try anyway just in case once we have decided who the additional drivers are.

Hope this helps lots of others anyway and being a sticky is as good as being in the guidebook, if not better.
No problem

Bad news about the pre-pay though, you won't be able to complete Skip the Counter although I think some people still managed to! Worth a shot, the system has plenty of flaws and doesn't seem overly consistent.

Failing that, maybe still worth a risk going to the garage anyway, you never know what staff member will greet you. You might be lucky!
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadFan View Post
So do you think as we have not prepaid and done pay on arrival this will be ok? we won't be charged for extras etc we don't agree too, this is the only worry for me lol
Yep. You can go ahead if you have selected to pay on arrival. Follow the sticky and you should be fine.

You won't be charged for anything you have not agreed to. You can define that in your Online Check In and Skip the Counter to be sure.

They'll probably still ask you at the garage exit but if you don't want anything just tell them so, sorted!
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
Yep. You can go ahead if you have selected to pay on arrival. Follow the sticky and you should be fine.

You won't be charged for anything you have not agreed to. You can define that in your Online Check In and Skip the Counter to be sure.

They'll probably still ask you at the garage exit but if you don't want anything just tell them so, sorted!
Perfect thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Aerosmith_RNR
Proud to wear my Ears

Awesome information on this post! hats off to Yorkshire_Dan! I assume that if you do skip the counter any extras can then be added on at the kiosk as you leave the garage? only reason i ask is that we will need to rent a child seat this time round?
Aerosmith_RNR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aerosmith_RNR View Post
Awesome information on this post! hats off to Yorkshire_Dan! I assume that if you do skip the counter any extras can then be added on at the kiosk as you leave the garage? only reason i ask is that we will need to rent a child seat this time round?
Good question!

Not entirely sure. I presume as you say that you'll be able to ask the Alamo garage person that you need one and one will be brought to you so you can pay for it upon exit.
Old 3 Mar 15, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Aerosmith_RNR
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
Good question!

Not entirely sure. I presume as you say that you'll be able to ask the Alamo garage person that you need one and one will be brought to you so you can pay for it upon exit.
Many thanks for your quick response on this! the whole savetime/skip counter is a bit of a minefield! on previous occasions I have only ever used savetime, got my barcode, headed to the garage, picked car and added fuel on exit however i had always questioned why it said that you still needed to proceed to counter! seems that the more complicated they can make it the more they may get approaching the desk for up-sell opportunities! I suppose they are trying to run a business after all!
Aerosmith_RNR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thanks for doing this Dan.

Typical, I have booked and paid in full through Alamo Brits so reads as if I can't do this! I will try anyway just in case once we have decided who the additional drivers are.

Hope this helps lots of others anyway and being a sticky is as good as being in the guidebook, if not better.
If you or anyone else manages to do this even though you've prepaid can you please post how as I've also prepaid.
Old 3 Mar 15, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

As a result of reading this I have cancelled my Brits prepay booking and rebooked Pay on arrival. From what I've read I understand that the £ price is guaranteed bar any slight exchange rate alteration between picking gn the car up and my card being charged upon vehicle return?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we pre paid for last july, did save time & OLCI, got barcode, went straight to garage, they asked for CC we had used, i signed the paper work & off we went, hoping for same this time
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
As a result of reading this I have cancelled my Brits prepay booking and rebooked Pay on arrival. From what I've read I understand that the £ price is guaranteed bar any slight exchange rate alteration between picking gn the car up and my card being charged upon vehicle return?
Correct.
Closed Thread