Notices

View Poll Results: Are you or have you paid for seats with Virgin?
Yes Paying 321 61.85%
Not Paying 198 38.15%
Voters: 519. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jan 16, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No, we won't pay. Surely somewhere along the line, even if everyone gave in and paid there would be people who couldn't sit together? I think it just money grabbing rip off and shame on the airlines! However, at present we have only travelled with a small child and I believe that they have to sit one of us with him? When he gets to 12, we might have to rethink as I wouldn't want a 12 year old on his own. If it was just DH and me, I wouldn't pay - we'd only watch films and ignore each other anyway!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

We're flying from Heathrow to Hong Kong in May and last night I logged on to pre-book our seats, there are three of us travelling, myself, DM and DS8
We used miles and money for the flights and for some reason I'm on a booking on my own and DM and DS are on the same booking anyway when I came to chose the seats there was only a charge for mine (£25 each way).
Obviously I'm not complaining but I do find a little strange how the other two don't have to pay.
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

they have just told me under no circumstance can an under 16 sit on there own
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by cupcakes123 View Post
Then you've been given the wrong information. Their website states "If we can't seat all your family together, we'll make sure each child, under 12 years old is seated with an adult from your group". Members on here have had their kids split from them 12 and upwards.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by Deadlinesman View Post
Then you've been given the wrong information. Their website states "If we can't seat all your family together, we'll make sure each child, under 12 years old is seated with an adult from your group". Members on here have had their kids split from them 12 and upwards.
If I remember correctly some were younger than that.
Old 3 Feb 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have read of kids a lot younger than 12 being separated from other family members.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 16, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post

just thought i'd share after a week of trying to book the bubble mainly for the way back i've finally succeeded FOC! both ways which was going to cost e £150 as i complained about the service i was getting
Old 7 Feb 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What exactly was wrong with the service that you complained about?
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

i have booked through TCD in economy and wanted to book the bubble asap and the virgin system would not allow it as i have got a restricted passenger! so after 4 phones and 2 live chats with virgin they put me back to TCD, which then told me i had to pay in full! actually they had no idea what they were doing! after 2 more phone calls to TCD virgin decided to manually overide the system and book the seats for me FOC for all the hassel i have had
Old 7 Feb 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

i have booked through TCD in economy and wanted to book the bubble asap and the virgin system would not allow it as i have got a restricted passenger! so after 4 phones and 2 live chats with virgin they put me back to TCD, which then told me i had to pay in full! actually they had no idea what they were doing! after 2 more phone calls to TCD virgin decided to manually overide the system and book the seats for me FOC for all the hassel i have had
Who was the restricted passenger? Baby? I was on with my 3 year old but was worried when reading the T&Cs that it stated every passenger had to be able to walk up the stairs.