Notices

View Poll Results: Best Disney park in the Rain?
Magic Kingdom 10 16.67%
Epcot 42 70.00%
Hollywood Studios 4 6.67%
Animal Kingdom 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30 Aug 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

Mobile

I doesn't matter,get a very fashionable Disney poncho and enjoy yourself.don't let the rain stop you.
However we did spend pretty much a whole day in Epcot in the rain so that gets my vote,although if it is associated with thunder/lightning test track will close temporarily.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tearling
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We spent about an hour in Project Tomorrow after riding Spaceship Earth when it was raining once. Great place for the kids to play!
tearling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I went for Hollywood Studios - mostly because it is my favourite park. But also because most things are inside - although Florida rain doesnt bother me. I have very fond memories of dancing in the middle of Tomorrowland in a VERY heavy rain shower with my best friend, splashing in the puddles and laughing our heads off! everyone else was sheltering and I think they thought we were a bit odd!
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

If i have a poncho with me, whichever park I am in, but if raining when setting out, EPCOT please.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Hollywood Studios.

Because almost all of the attractions are inside or undercover (except Fantasmic and the fireworks) and it's a relatively small park so a short walk between attractions. Also, until a couple of years ago, we had a running joke that it always rained whenever we visited HS.

Epcot would be my second choice. However, you spend a lot of time in the open walking from pavilion to pavilion in World Showcase. Heavy rain would also mean Test Track, my favourite ride, would be closed.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

I voted MK because rain doesn't stop me and there are plenty of attractions within easy reach of each other. Many of them are indoors and have long covered queues. Pirates for instance, can easily keep you dry for the whole downpour.
Old 30 Aug 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
snowy_666x
Gone all Goofy

A vote for magic kingdom for me too. Like others have said theres plenty to do there, just chuck on a poncho and enjoy. The rain has never stopped us at any of the parks though!
snowy_666x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jaccuziman
Very Serious Dibber

Depends on who you are with, and how old they are.

In September 2013, I was with my 3 year old daughter, and it had been hot, but then the torrential rain came as we were walking through Adventure Land, we put on our Disney ponchos, as everyone scrambled for cover.

Then my daughter and I walked out into the middle of the street, and started to dance in the rain !

It was sheet rain, and quite heavy, but we had an amazing time !
Jumping up and down in the puddles, running throughout the streams of rain.

Everybody was under whatever cover they could find, but people were pointing at us, and laughing, taking pictures, filming us !

It was fantastic !
Then I started to notice a lot of the women, tugging at the men they were with, and pointing at us.
Then gradually, other people and their children, started to join us.
Soon there were a dozen or so of us in the street, dancing and splashing in the rain.

Then after about 20 minutes, the sky cleared, and the rain stopped, several people patted me on the back as we rejoined my wife, who was smiling so broadly.
As we started to walk off, a CM from one of the shops, came running over to my daughter, and I, and presented us with 2 enormous candy lollipops!

Do you know, we had a wonderful holiday, but that was easily the best day.
Those are the memories that last for ever, and I will be telling my grandchildren, about how me and their mother, danced away in the rain, in Magic Kingdom !

So the best park in the rain, is not just about the one you can keep most dry in.
It's about the one you have fun and make memories in, and that could be any of them !

Edited at 03:34 PM.
jaccuziman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
Pirates for instance, can easily keep you dry for the whole downpour.
I had assumed the poll was asking which park was best when there was persistant rain that lasts most of the day. If we're just talking about a 20 minute downpour then, well, any park is as good as another.

Originally Posted by jaccuziman View Post
Depends on who you are with, and how old they are.

In September 2013, I was with my 3 year old daughter, and it had been hot, but then the torrential rain came as we were walking through Adventure Land, we put on our Disney ponchos, as everyone scrambled for cover.

Then my daughter and I walked out into the middle of the street, and started to dance in the rain !

It was sheet rain, and quite heavy, but we had an amazing time !
Jumping up and down in the puddles, running throughout the streams of rain.

Everybody was under whatever cover they could find, but people were pointing at us, and laughing, taking pictures, filming us !

It was fantastic !
Then I started to notice a lot of the women, tugging at the men they were with, and pointing at us.
Then gradually, other people and their children, started to join us.
Soon there were a dozen or so of us in the street, dancing and splashing in the rain.

Then after about 20 minutes, the sky cleared, and the rain stopped, several people patted me on the back as we rejoined my wife, who was smiling so broadly.
As we started to walk of, a CM from one of the shops, came running over to my daughter, and I, and presented us with 2 enormous candy lollipops!

Do you know, we had a wonderful holiday, but that was easily the best day.
Those are the memories that last for ever, and I will be telling my grandchildren, about how me and their mother, danced away in the rain, in Magic Kingdom !

So the best park in the rain, is not just about the one you can keep most dry in.
It's about the one you have fun and make memories in, and that could be any of them !
Love it! That's the spirit!

The rain in Orlando can be an attraction in itself.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I had assumed the poll was asking which park was best when there was persistant rain that lasts most of the day. If we're just talking about a 20 minute downpour then, well, any park is as good.
The persistent rain thing was my intention. We're definately in for a rainy few days and I though it might help if folks didn't want to stay cooped up in their rooms.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread