Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 09, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

flamingo?

has anyone been to this hotel and have any pics or reviews on it? my sister has booked it for next year
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 09, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Thought she was staying at disney?
Old 3 Aug 09, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

its amanda. she is going 5 days at vegas and 3 in memphis
Old 3 Aug 09, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

AHHHH cool never though on her...a knew she was doing vegas and memphis but never knew she was booked
Old 3 Aug 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

I've stayed at The Flamingo twice - in 08 and 07.

Great location, right opposite Caesars Palace. Cannot be beat.

It's one of the older properties on The Strip. The rooms aren't 'great' - but they're very comfortable 3-3.5*, typical USA rooms. If you can get an upgrade to a GO room, do so. And ask for a fountain view (try the $20 tip at check in?).

The real deal with the Flamingo is the beautiful pool/wildlife habitat. It's stunning, and very romantic at night. But get there early if you want a bed in a decent place - by 9 am, the pool area is (already) very busy.

If you're driving, the valet is very good. Both valet and self parking are from the rear of the hotel - if you're driving north up the strip (from the MGM to the Venetian) take a right turn at Flamingo Road (go east, in other words), and then make a left into Audrie. The entrance is about 100 yards up, on your left hand side. Self parking is on your left, in the multi storey, valet is up on your right hand side?

The buffet isn't anything to write home about - cheaper, and not far away, is Harrah's buffet, and The Mirage buffet is only a little more expensive and is much better.

Anything else you think of, let me know?
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
I've stayed at The Flamingo twice - in 08 and 07.

Great location, right opposite Caesars Palace. Cannot be beat.

It's one of the older properties on The Strip. The rooms aren't 'great' - but they're very comfortable 3-3.5*, typical USA rooms. If you can get an upgrade to a GO room, do so. And ask for a fountain view (try the $20 tip at check in?).

The real deal with the Flamingo is the beautiful pool/wildlife habitat. It's stunning, and very romantic at night. But get there early if you want a bed in a decent place - by 9 am, the pool area is (already) very busy.

If you're driving, the valet is very good. Both valet and self parking are from the rear of the hotel - if you're driving north up the strip (from the MGM to the Venetian) take a right turn at Flamingo Road (go east, in other words), and then make a left into Audrie. The entrance is about 100 yards up, on your left hand side. Self parking is on your left, in the multi storey, valet is up on your right hand side?

The buffet isn't anything to write home about - cheaper, and not far away, is Harrah's buffet, and The Mirage buffet is only a little more expensive and is much better.

Anything else you think of, let me know?
i am going to sounddaft here! whats the $20 tip at check in?
Old 4 Aug 09, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laney View Post
i am going to sounddaft here! whats the $20 tip at check in?
Not at all - read this:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=249670

It's in the first 'installment' - it can work, big time, trust me!
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by laney View Post
has anyone been to this hotel and have any pics or reviews on it? my sister has booked it for next year
i was but unfortunately at present can't sent photos to you,but it's great place everybody should visit it
certainly
Old 4 Aug 09, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread