Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 09, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Anyone done the sand buggies / ziplines in Vegas?

Thinking about doing the sand buggies and ziplines in Vegas. Anyone done any of these activities?

If so what were they like?
Which ompanies did you use?

Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sand buggies but we did the Valley of Fire State Park with ATV tour just outside the park with these guys:-

looktours/desert-atv-valley-of-fire.html

It was a great tour, not only did we get the excitement of the ATV tour itself which lasted for 2.5 hours but we also got a drive through the Valley of Fire State Park included as well as a stop at the Visitors Center.

I think we were picked up around 7.30am and didn't get back on the Strip until after 2pm. Great value, with lunch included.
Old 2 Aug 09, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

bcflightlines/

Someone recommended these guys on another forum.
Old 2 Aug 09, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

bcflightlines/

Someone recommended these guys on another forum.

Looks great but very expensive! May give that one a miss! LOL!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Cheers for the links, exactly what I was looking for!

Did you book the AVT tour before you went or when you got out there?

As we have already booked lost of things I was thinking of waiting until I got out there as we are staying for 8 nights. Not sure If we will have time to do everything.

Do you think we would be able to book out there?
Old 3 Aug 09, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MelanieDavies View Post
Do you think we would be able to book out there?
We did book the ATV tour before we went because we needed a specific date (my Wife's 30th birthday) but it is very easy to book when over in Vegas and the price is still the same. In fact, you may even find vouchers off in the free magazines and guides which might save you a bit of money.
As it turned out booking in advance with a credit card just guaranteed the booking and it was totally cancellable until the day before. They actually didn't make the transaction until the morning of the tour and handed us our receipts when they picked us up for the transfer.

Time flies in Vegas and 8 nights might seem like a long time but it is very easy to overbook yourselves and leave little or no time for taking things at a slower pace. We did 5 shows last year (Zumanity, Mystere, Dirk Arthur, Scarlett and Sheryl Crow) and whilst two of those were afternoon shows we were on a bit of a timetable for our 6 nights to be honest. This time we have decided one major show (probably Love) and maybe a cheapo afternoon or evening show if something good comes up before we fly.

Back to the ATV tour. It really was very good and if you are not used to riding the bikes they will take plenty of time whilst everybody gets up to speed. Despite riding them in Namibia and New Zealand we still took 10-20mins to get used to them so although we were raring to go initially the practice certainly helped. I felt it was good value, especially as you got the bonus of a drive through Valley of Fire SP included.

As for the zip lining, I think that seems very expensive. I am actually over the weight limit anyway so I wouldn't be able to do it. It does get some good reviews on TA but despite some great views and obviously a huge adrenalin rush, I probably wouldn't be tempted even if I could do it.
Old 3 Aug 09, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread