Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 09, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

Radisson - Fishermans Wharf

We have booked the above hotel for four nights at the end of September 2009. We have got an excellent price per night through Hotwire. Looking at reviews on Tripadvisor though there are numerous adverse comments. Has anyone out there stayed at this particular hotel and what were your experiences like. Looking forward to reading the replies.

Peter
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 09, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Peter,

I haven't stayed at the Radisson at Fishermans Wharf but I would take reviews with a pinch of salt. I stayed at the Sheraton which is literally across the street from the Radisson and I too saw many indifferent reviews (and still does) but it was an excellent property with great rooms and as with your hotel, a location to die for.

You really cannot beat the location if you want to stay in the Wharf area and if you have got a great price through Hotwire you should be extremely pleased. Besides, you can't change it now anyway!

My experience of Hotwire in the USA is great, and although some people on TA reviews often put "we got the Hotwire room" I haven't really noticed any major difference between Hotwire rooms compared to what people who are paying regular rates are getting. This was especially the case in Santa Fe last August, where our room was absolutely lovely. The only thing which you may find with a Hotwire room is that you might get stuck with two queens or double beds as opposed to one king bed, which obviously depending on the make up of your party will either be a good thing or a bad thing. My Wife and I are both 6ft+ and to be honest we would like a king bed but we have often managed with the two queens/doubles especially when paying ridiculous Hotwire prices (i.e. $39 a night in Santa Fe).

I love San Francisco, one of my favourite cities in the world. Enjoy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 09, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

We haven't stayed there yet but it was actually the hotel we WANTED when we booked with hotwire. I actually worked out before clicking the 'buy' button that this was the hotel and we were really pleased. It's in a FABULOUS position...literally overlooking the bay with a 5 min walk to Pier 39. We stayed 'next door' at the Wharf Inn when we went in 2006 which was fine but very basic but we ate most mornings in the IHOP which is attached to the Radisson. There is a statue of Dolphins outside the Radisson and our DD used to 'rpetend' to ride them every morning. We said then that we'd love to stay there in the future... and we will be in November!

I always take trip advisor with a bit of a pinch of salt. Very often the comments are pretty petty things like the TV isn't big enough or their weren't any bath robes etc.

We're used to using Travelodges in the UK (don't beleive in spending big bucks!) so I don't really have high expectations I suppose.

I think it will be FINE! At the end of the day its somewhere to rest your head and get clean... as long as it's clean and fairly comfy what more do you want?!

BTW - if you can come back with YOUR views of the palce when you get back I'd be grateful as we go after you!
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 09, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We stayed at the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf last September and couldn't fault it.

The beds were really comfy, free internet and a fridge in the room. We also got free bottles of water each day. The hotel is in a great location and all staff were really helpful and friendly. We would certainly stay there again
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

we stayed there last may,its in a great spot with a back entrance that takes you straight onto fishermans wharf.tram stop right out front.beds comfy, rooms clean and friendly staffdidnt go much on the ihop though,long waits and rubbish food.
Old 4 Aug 09, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed there in 2006 and had no problems with the place whatsoever. It is very conveniently located and there is an entrance / exit right on to Fisherman's Wharf. There's a nice swimming pool - not massive but adequate. You can catch trolley buses just down the road - the F line and you are within walking distanceof Pier 39, all the wharfs, the boats to Alcatraz and Boudin bakery & restaurant (don't miss that!).
If we had a complainrt about anywhere it was Johnny Rocket's on F.W. The service wasn't appalling - it was non existent! You may also want to have a look at the Kimpton Hotel range for San Francisco - they have lovely hotels and may be doing offers. (Currently $180 a night).

The thing with sites like Trip Advisor is that many will post niggles and complaints but few post if everything was fine and dandy.
Old 5 Aug 09, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Going off at a tangent. Last year I booked an organised tour of Japan so I had no choice of hotel. Trip Advisor gave terrible reviews of every single hotel,:angry: to the point that I nearly cancelled the trip, and made no effort to plan/read up before I went.

Of course every hotel was fine and I was annoyed with myself that I had let the reviews get to me so much.

Moral: take TA reviews with a kilo of salt !

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 09, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
swv
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed there April this year, had a room with a Balcony overlooking the pool. Could see Alcatraz from there. Hotels great , in great location and loved the i hop for breakfast every morning. Out theback door and straight on to Fishermans Wharf. Would def stay there again.
Old 5 Aug 09, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread