Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 24 Jan 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Good tips about clothes, especially keeping your bum covered lol!
Whats JGM? Im always up for a bargain.
Food wise I cant wait to try a bagel with cream cheese and lox. Also really want to eat some real New York cheesecake, a big slice of New York pizza and a hot dog from a hotdog stand.
Just looking at tickets to see Aladdin! Not sure whether to buy in advance or risk getting cheaper seats when we get there.

Helen, JGM is Jersey Garden Mall. It's situated in Elizabeth, NJ and you can get a bus from Port Authority on 42nd St. It takes about 40 mins on the bus and we paid about $8 each for one way(we got an Uber back as we had so many bags). It's a massive 2 floor Simon outlet mall. Think Vineland Rd but under cover.
I've been recommended Junior's cheesecake which is in Time Square. I did read on TA that because Aladdin is a Disney show they don't offer discounts very often, instead they use dynamic pricing? Hope you get lucky with tickets though
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd onsite stay - CBR
Unread 24 Jan 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Looking forward to how your trip goes and of course the food! Ill be following along as its our first time in April. Would be interested to know some of the accounts you follow on instagram? Im a fellow American food lover well any food really
Hi Sunseeker, hope you have an amazing trip in April. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer than when we go? I'll make a list of some of the Instagram food accounts I follow later if that's ok. I have so many I follow and there are so many different foods I would like to try
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd onsite stay - CBR
Unread 24 Jan 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Helen, JGM is Jersey Garden Mall. It's situated in Elizabeth, NJ and you can get a bus from Port Authority on 42nd St. It takes about 40 mins on the bus and we paid about $8 each for one way(we got an Uber back as we had so many bags). It's a massive 2 floor Simon outlet mall. Think Vineland Rd but under cover.
I've been recommended Junior's cheesecake which is in Time Square. I did read on TA that because Aladdin is a Disney show they don't offer discounts very often, instead they use dynamic pricing? Hope you get lucky with tickets though
Thanks, all good to know.
Yes Ive read that Juniors is one of the best for cheesecake.
Ill have to decide if I really want to see Alladin if its worth just booking before we go then, they sell tickets on attraction tickets direct that seem competitively priced. Ive been looking at info about TKTS for tickets but not sure if in February I want to stand for hours in a line. Decisions decisions.
Unread 24 Jan 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Wow what a bargain trip!

And there was no indecision on my part about coats at all... I don't know what you're talking about!

We popped into Junior's and enjoyed it, didn't have cheesecake though.

I recommend Century 21 for coats and other shopping. It's like TK Maxx but much bigger. There's 2 that I know of in NYC. One on the Upper West Side near the Lincoln Center, and a massive one downtown near ground zero. There may be others.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 24 Jan 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Thanks, all good to know.
Yes Ive read that Juniors is one of the best for cheesecake.
Ill have to decide if I really want to see Alladin if its worth just booking before we go then, they sell tickets on attraction tickets direct that seem competitively priced. Ive been looking at info about TKTS for tickets but not sure if in February I want to stand for hours in a line. Decisions decisions.
It's a hard one, on one hand you want to go and see a show, but on the other you don't want to waste time stood in line for the tickets
2nd onsite stay - CBR
Unread 24 Jan 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Wow what a bargain trip!

And there was no indecision on my part about coats at all... I don't know what you're talking about!

We popped into Junior's and enjoyed it, didn't have cheesecake though.

I recommend Century 21 for coats and other shopping. It's like TK Maxx but much bigger. There's 2 that I know of in NYC. One on the Upper West Side near the Lincoln Center, and a massive one downtown near ground zero. There may be others.

Haha, good job you had that third case

What did you have in Junior's as I want to try the cheesecake, but would like to know what the rest of the food is like?

I think we popped into C21 down by Ground Zero last time but it was rammed and I ended up walking out. I might have to try it again this time though.
2nd onsite stay - CBR
Unread 24 Jan 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bookmarking to read later...
Unread 24 Jan 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Haha, good job you had that third case

What did you have in Junior's as I want to try the cheesecake, but would like to know what the rest of the food is like?

I think we popped into C21 down by Ground Zero last time but it was rammed and I ended up walking out. I might have to try it again this time though.
Didn't actually take a 3rd case in the end - managed to squeeze it all in although there was a bit of suitcase-sitting happening!

I had a beef brisket and mozzarella sandwich which was really nice.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020