Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 09, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
Bellagio - Deluxe Room
Caesars Palace - Augustus Tower Deluxe Room
Mirage - Tower deluxe room
MGM Grand - West Wing King Room
Wynn - Panoramic Suite King
First thing to note, cross out the MGM Grand but only the West Wing room. These are tiny rooms, classed as an upgrade from a standard tower room but really are just an exercise in modern fixtures and fittings. I managed to look in one of these rooms in 2007, and would always go with a standard tower room over a west wing any day of the week. Obviously you are looking for something a bit glamorous, so at the MGM you would probably have to go for a Celebrity Spa Suite minimum. That would be my choice, when comparing rooms and properties.

At the end of the day though, out of your choices the MGM is in with some seriously tough competition, and I am very surprised to hear that the West Wing room at the MGM is similarly priced to anything at the Wynn or Bellagio?

I think a major question is would it be beneficial for you to be in the same hotel (or near) to your best friend? If so, the MGM Grand and Signature will be the obvious choice. It's all about price at the end of the day in Vegas, and if you can get a cheap Signature suite I would go with that even though I've not stayed in one yet. Reviews are immense, and you get the benefit of being connected but also disconnected from the MGM Grand. If however, you can also get a cheap rate on a Celebrity Spa Suite ($85 a night at one point last August) that is going to take some beating.
Of course, the suites at the Venetian, Palazzo and Wynn are going to be more impressive, but at what cost?

Keep us updated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 09, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to butt in - Anne K do you have a website for te direct owners of the signature suite you stayed in?

Cheers!
Old 15 Jun 09, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mango66
Excited about Disney

The Mirage for me, going again in 2wks time ... but tbh, all the hotels in vegas are top notch, im sure you wont be dissapointed wherever you decide to go.
mango66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 09, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are going next year too, I quite fancied the look of the Hard Rock Hotel ?
have read some good reviews
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Originally Posted by MelanieDavies View Post
Sorry to butt in - Anne K do you have a website for te direct owners of the signature suite you stayed in?

Cheers!
PM sent

Anne
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 09, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by riverdancefan View Post
We are going next year too, I quite fancied the look of the Hard Rock Hotel ?
have read some good reviews
It definitely appeals to a younger crowd and is a taxi ride from the strip, although I'm pretty sure there are shuttles that operate between both the hotel and strip.

We only visited the place, the Hard Rock Cafe itself was way too much for us, even at 7pm (albeit a Saturday night) the music was cranked up and servers were on top of the bar dancing. Now I'm all up for a bit of "bar dancing" (Centrifuge in the MGM is always worth a watch), not me personally I might add but I found it a bit overbearing when eating. Add into that they messed our order up totally, probably because they couldn't hear us.

The hotel itself does get some good reviews, but I think you can do better on the Strip. Planet Hollywood is obviously geared at a similar market and that has a much better location, and you won't feel so isolated as you would at the HRH.
Old 16 Jun 09, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ju_itfc View Post
It definitely appeals to a younger crowd and is a taxi ride from the strip, although I'm pretty sure there are shuttles that operate between both the hotel and strip.

We only visited the place, the Hard Rock Cafe itself was way too much for us, even at 7pm (albeit a Saturday night) the music was cranked up and servers were on top of the bar dancing. Now I'm all up for a bit of "bar dancing" (Centrifuge in the MGM is always worth a watch), not me personally I might add but I found it a bit overbearing when eating. Add into that they messed our order up totally, probably because they couldn't hear us.

The hotel itself does get some good reviews, but I think you can do better on the Strip. Planet Hollywood is obviously geared at a similar market and that has a much better location, and you won't feel so isolated as you would at the HRH.
oooh

i JUST cannot make up my mind as everyone has good and bad to day about everywhere, I think I will close my eyes and just point to a bit of the strip ...we are limited a bit as we are paying with tesco vouchers so have to go with virgin offerings.. maybe the Mirage ?,
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 09, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

If it is your first visit to Las Vegas, you have to stay on The Strip. After that, fine, but you would regret it if you didn't.

Planet Hollywood is a good bet, if you wanted a similar crowd to Hard Rock (the other place like those is Palms, but that's off strip too). Wouldn't put you off The Mirage - great location, fine enough rooms etc. Just never really appealed greatly to me - bit it's a slightly livelier crowd than at some other Strip hotels. The MGM Grand has a great pool area too, and it can be lively? The obvious other one is Mandalay Bay - but I always get put off a bit by it's location?
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 09, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I thought the Venetian was stunning I would stay there again in a shot as a couple but because we are taking the children we are going to Mandalay bay to be out of the strip a bit and have the pools.Out of the ones you have chosen I would pick the Wynn, stunning hotel !
Old 16 Jun 09, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

We got married in the Wynn and had a corner panoramic room (59th floor). We love the Wynn and have stayed there 3 times. Have also stayed at the Bellagio, Pallazzo and Mirage.

I love the Bellagio fountain view rooms the best - we had a 38th floor room. We like the position of the Mirage as its central but the rooms are too small.

Found the Pallazzo nice but the Venetian is a massive spread out property. We have also stayed in Luxor, Treasure Island, Paris and are due to stay at the MGM next month.

I would choose in this order

1. A split stay in Bellagio ( lake view ) and Wynn ( Panoramic) as I love them both
2. Pallazzo
3. Treasure island
4. Paris
5. Mirage ( but looove the Cravings buffett))
6. Luxor

Hope this helps

Edited at 10:35 PM.
Closed Thread