Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jul 09, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

Can I do this ...?

I have booked with Ballys direct (after losing our reservation when Xcapewithus went bump ). I did the silly thing and checked the rates again about 6 weeks after I had booked and the nightly rate has been reduced.

Would I be able to contact the hotel and ask to have the new rate attached to my booking or do I have to re-book using the new rate and then cancel the original booking?

I have paid a deposit and will get a full refund if I have to cancel and re-book.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Baggie Bird View Post
I have booked with Ballys direct (after losing our reservation when Xcapewithus went bump ). I did the silly thing and checked the rates again about 6 weeks after I had booked and the nightly rate has been reduced.

Would I be able to contact the hotel and ask to have the new rate attached to my booking or do I have to re-book using the new rate and then cancel the original booking?

I have paid a deposit and will get a full refund if I have to cancel and re-book.

Ring them - most hotels in Vegas will just amend the booking to reflect the new rate.

If they don't give it to you, tell them you will look elsewhere, but make it clear you are not cancelling the reservation.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

Thanks for that Diamonddog - much appreciated

2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Baggie Bird View Post
I did the silly thing and checked the rates again about 6 weeks after I had booked and the nightly rate has been reduced.
This isn't so silly as you might think, especially in Vegas. I would always suggest to keep looking at rates (at all properties) right up until a few days before your departure. If rates drop, cancel the original booking and rebook at the new rate, or as Diamonddog mentions below just give them a ring and see if they'll amend your booking to the new rate. Many will do.

Checking back on websites after you've booked does run the risk of disappointment when prices have reduced and I certainly would never suggest it if you have booked a non cancellable/amendable flight for example, but for Vegas hotels the system works to our favour and you should always be looking for better deals. Just grab a deal you like to start with and book it, then you know you are covered in case rates rocket, but at the same time, you can cancel if rates drop. I think I cancelled my MGM rate four times for last August in the end...

You will be pleased to know that Ballys has often been the one hotel recommended by a lot of the tour group companies based in Vegas when we have been on excursions.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

Thanks for your input - I am glad that Ballys has been recommended, I wasn't too sure but my Mom really wanted to stay there.

At least it is centrally located and as long as it is clean it will be great. We will be out most of the day/night anyway so just somewhere to rest our weary bones.

Old 8 Jul 09, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyvisit
Dibbing with Tink

disneyvisit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Good luck with it, let us know how you got on. Im keeping an eye out for the prices at the Mirage to check mine dont go lower.
disneyvisit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Bally's is a nice hotel, in a great location. It has not had much done to it, in terms of refurb, recently - but it always was a classy place, to start with. The standard rooms are big (about the same as the MGM, about 450 sq ft) - ask for a room in the North Tower, if you can (they are newer) and really get cheeky and ask for a (Bellagio) fountain view too?

The pool is (I think) the only deep pool in Vegas now - 12 foot at the deep end. Again, it's a relaxed, refined area - in fitting with the hotel.

As I said, a great location - you'll enjoy it, I'm sure.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 09, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Rates from $41 per night for Bally's, until Sept 30th - not sure if this helps:

ballyslasvegas/MakeRe...kageCode=IBPOL

?
Old 12 Jul 09, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

$79 for two nights (can stay max of 7), plus upgrade to North Tower:

harrahs/MakeReservati...MUQ7B-4QGZK-v1

?
Old 6 Aug 09, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

Just a quick update - received an email back from Ballys and they have applied the new lower nightly rate to my existing booking

Closed Thread