Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 09, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Macmac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
There is actually a tesco collectors group on the dibb if you want to look for it. I just saved for a couple of years then went online, entered all the codes of the vouchers I wanted to exchange and received my Virgin holiday vouchers within a few days. I then phoned Virgin with some idea of what I wanted... simple
Tesco convert your points x4 for virgin holidays but they cannot just be used on flights or park tickets...they have to be used towards a full holiday.

Thank you
Macmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by ju_itfc View Post
Flying is a doddle also, but you would need to get to LAX and go through the airport motions.
If you are looking to fly to Vegas don't go from LAX, go from Orange County Airport (SNA) instead, which is much closer to Anaheim, and a very nice airport. South West Airlines has flights from SNA to LAS from $49 per person each way. I would check out how much VH would discount you by if you made your own way to Vegas and dropped the car off in California (i.e. at SNA) instead. Otherwise you are looking at a 4 to 5 hour drive plus say 1 hr stop en route for a break/lunch - all of which is just keeping you from Vegas.

If you do decide to drive Barstow Outlet Mall is another good place to stop, and I thought was better than any of the LV Malls.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'd go for the drive through the desert Joa. I did this many years ago and I think it took us about 4-5 hours but it is a pleasant drive. It's amazing that one minute you're driving through the desert then all of a sudden you see the lights of Vegas up ahead... it's surreal! .

Hoover dam is past Vegas but is a must see (imho). It's amazing the size of it
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent deal... and very well planned

They are building a Tesco near us... obviously well worth shopping there!

Thanks for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Thanks for the tips everyone, really helpful. Shame about that twilight check in but we're staying over anyway so we can be there early to check in. We like row 25 seats (seat a is free as bulkhead in way, seat b was £25) .. extra legroom. Don't suppose you can book these online though so it'll be early morning for us.

For those people thinking of saving their Tesco vouchers .. it's hard work. I used every code I could find for extra points, my partner drives a 7.5 tonne lorry and fills up at Tesco once or twice a week, I have a Clubcard Plus which gives double points on all shopping (Tesco have stopped doing these now apparently). It's not easy and I've saved for nearly 2 years to get £350 worth. Although my total was higher but I have paid for 2 Hilton Gatwicks!

Be wise with your shopping if you're on budgets .. sometimes it's best to not use Tesco, even if they do give you points.

Edited at 01:58 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by Macmac View Post
Hey this sounds great, any one got any info on Tesco Vouchers ?

You need to check out this website paidtoshop/index.php

and read the Tesco threads. Start with the stickys.

Happy collecting.

In the good old days, we only had to buy 1 pack of nappies and 1 pack of wipes and bingo we had 60.00 towards our holiday. Those days have long gone. You are better shopping where it is cheaper and saving the cash up for the holiday, until the good times return.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
If you are looking to fly to Vegas don't go from LAX, go from Orange County Airport (SNA) instead, which is much closer to Anaheim, and a very nice airport. South West Airlines has flights from SNA to LAS from $49 per person each way. I would check out how much VH would discount you by if you made your own way to Vegas and dropped the car off in California (i.e. at SNA) instead. Otherwise you are looking at a 4 to 5 hour drive plus say 1 hr stop en route for a break/lunch - all of which is just keeping you from Vegas.

I was thinking the same (if not SNA then flying from BUR) but with it being a package holiday i doubt virgin will use the budget airlines and will probably use virgin america hence flying from LAX (?).

This is just my opinion and i'm quite surprised it hasn't come up before now but i think 10 days in anaheim is WAY to much. Why not do 5 days anaheim and 5 day LA. You don't say if you're visiting LA even during any of the days (unless i've missed it!) but if its something that you think you're going to be doing for a few days (treking up and down from LA to Anaheim) at least please consider staying up that way if only for a few nights . What are you wanting to do in anaheim exactly? Just a sample - Disney for 3 days, the beach perhaps and gardenwalk one day, the last day chilling around the pool (depending on weather or the time of year). The morning of the next day find your way up to LA staying at (again for example) Hilton or Sheraton Universal City (sure VH will do one or the other) and have a day (or two if get the BOGOF for universal studios) then check out the beach (santa monica area) one day, a bus tour the next and the next your flight to vegas.

As above, but i know that you might be restricted using VH, however theres nothing stopping you not taking their internal flights and DIY - you can get a $50 flight pp from burbank (north of Hollywood) direct to vegas in an hour. Might work out cheaper.

Just my 2c.

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread