Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 10 August 2016

"Green Day"

Today was another early wake up for some reason 5.20am! Grace tossed and turned for a bit and eventually I dug Daddy in the ribs and persuaded him to get up with her so I could rest and help my recovery a little further

I did actually fall back to sleep and then a little person came and woke me up at 6.30 announcing that Daddy was asleep on the sofa! I wasn't that happy but there you go. I got up and did a few necessary banking things on the iPad and had some toast. Grace just had a yoghurt and I am not sure what Daddy had..Grandad probably had lentils!
I had told everyone to be ready for 7.30am as we were off to the outlets and the mall at Sarasota for a shopping day yippee.

We left at 7.35am and made really good time and I was a little concerned that the shops do not open until 10am. I had a re think and we pulled off not at Ellenton but about 15 minutes before at the University Mall at Sarasota which is right off the I-75. There is a Target next door and we popped in there arriving at 8.45am.

I still wanted this lead for the iPad to connect to the TV and Target was the cheapest but they still didn't have any in this super Target!
Never mind I knew there was an Apple shop in the Mall and could get it later. They had a Starbucks in Target so we made our way there for a well needed coffee.
Daddy went ahead and ordered our usual hoping that we would be 3rd time lucky and get what we ordered. We had 2 skinny cappuccino's, 1 full fat one and a decaf americano. Grace had water and Daddy also ordered 2 chocolate brownies and 2 slices of lemon cake. Total came to $27.02.

We finished those and had a quick look at the jeans, nothing for me but Daddy got lucky and got a pair of their own brand I think they are Mossimo at $24.99...bargain, and they are surprisingly nice.

One pair was enough or we were going to end up with a whole suitcase full of jeans.
Grace also did some shopping and got a couple of things for her Shopkins collection.

We left after this back in the car for the 15 minute drive to the Ellenton outlets. We arrived there at a perfect time of 10.04am.
I was a little annoyed as I had forgotten the "voucher folder" so could not get the coupon book. I went up to customer service and I logged on with their iPad and got the book...result.

First stop to stop Grace nagging us all the way round was rack room shoes and Skechers. It felt like we spent ages in there but to cut a very long story short we got Grace a pair and daddy got these...

These were priced at $59.99 and Grace's at $39.99 but after all the discounts we paid $74.53. Not really that cheap but everyone was happy and that was the main thing. I didn't want to get anything I wanted to look in the Skechers store first.
We went there next and took ages in there too, to be honest I wasn't feeling that great, lack of water I think and not eating enough, I was finding it difficult to focus! Nanny went and got water and we carried on. I eventually chose a slip on pair for $54.99 and Grace got another pair for $39.99. Again after discounts we paid $71.87. Both shops were buy one get one half price and $10 off in rack room and 10% off in Skechers.
The Skechers were a much better price though, cheaper than rack room.

These are Grace's

These are mine, I have slip on Go Walks at the moment which are well and truly worn out and I think these will be a good step up.

Everyone was waiting outside and we had a restroom stop and I popped in to Levis and managed to get 2 pairs of my jeans. High waisted no. 721 $39.99 each and I was over the moon with this

I sent Daddy out to tell the others to go to Nike as Grandad wanted trainers so I paid up in Levi's and we met them there. Grandad was in full flow choosing, so we went off in search for a pair for Daddy. We started in the clearance section but realised they were sooo much cheaper down the aisles. We found this pair of beauties...$34.99

Daddy was more than happy with these and we decided our work here was nearly done. It was nearly 1 o clock and I felt bad making everyone wait while I went in other shops so we decided we would go back tomorrow just the 2 of us so we can do the rest.

We fed this back to the others and Nanny and Grandad wanted to go the Lindt shop and Grace to Bath and Body Works. In the Lindt shop ( which smells devine) we ate quite a bit if free chocolate ( pumpkin spice Lindt balls...delicious) and we decided on a 2lb bag (about 75 balls) for $21 and Grandad hot 7 bars of choc for 5. We got 12 extra free chops from the centre voucher book too.

Next stop BBW, this is perfect for Grace to spend some pocket money, she always gets 5 of the hand gels ($6) and spends ages choosing the different flavours...eventually she was happy. We also got a voucher for 20% off next purchase...great, I will use that tomorrow

Back in the car for the 15 minute drive back to the mall, fantastic mall, I know it is new and there are loads of roadworks on the I-75 junction because of it. Loads of shops around it too, like BBB and Marshalls etc, I can recommend a visit if you are near.
We decided to come so we could go primarily to the Cheesecake Factory but also visit, Pandora and the Apple shop. We did these before eating. The mall feels very like the Millenia Mall, you could even think you are there, they are so similar. Pandora first as I had saved up my birthday money for a new bracelet. I chose the essence bracelet, there was a deal for the bracelet and 1 charm for $75, I think this saved $20 and I chose 3 other charms too, I was a lucky girl. Nanny also got a pair of silver ear rings which are beautiful.

I got the lead I wanted in Apple too, stocks are low for dome reason but finally I have it! $10 more than Target but I was fed up with searching now.

We then went off to find food..this is my favourite restaurant and I was really looking forward to it. The restaurant is the same inside as the one in Orlando and it was 1.30pm, the difference, we were seated immediately and it was busy but not completely packed like the other one, it was a lovely change.

The first picture was taken in the restaurant and explains the "Green Day" title. We all got ready this morning and came out wearing green! Well everyone except Grandad so he was not in the green gang. We forgot to take a picture of the green gang, but I got two of them in one

Grandad ordered the shrimp summer rolls to start and we all shared, then him and nanny both had a beef roll with chips and a dip. Grace had a Mac and cheese which she enjoyed and Daddy had the chicken and shrimp Jambalaya which he loved. I just couldn't decide, you know going in there and looking at the menu is like reading a book! Eventually I decided on the Mexican Tortilla Salad, gorgeous it was

2 cheesecakes were taken to go and I don't know their names but chocolate is obviously involved! They eat them as I write

We were done her now and off we went to find the car...goodness it was hot today and I know I have said this every day but it is just getting hotter and hotter... here is the proof.

This theme continued for the rest of the day! So at 4.30pm we got in the pool, it was the only thing to do to be honest..we stayed there until 6.30 when we showered and changed, Grace had toast and fruit with yoghurt as usual and I put her to bed at 7.30 a little later than I should have and I paid the price as she was too tired and it took ages for her to go down.

I am finishing this off now and I can hear the thunder rolling round. To be honest it has only rained twice and not for very long at all and I cannot believe how lucky we have been.

So tomorrow we are going to do a beach walk first thing and then pool it with another BBQ. Then around 3 daddy and I are going to go back up to Ellenton and probably do the mall again too.
Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow, hope you enjoyed.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List