Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Oct 16, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

I have been with three for the a very long time and have always upgraded my phone when I can and had the allyou can eat plan, before feel at home I have been stung quite badly with charges when abroad , once because my youngest was away and was calling me at home and I ended up with a bill over £400 , nothing like the saving they have said I've made this time but having the peace of mind that I won't get this again is great , I do have to call home when I'm away as I have an older sister with learning difficulties and need to know she is ok so for me it's a life saver xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

I used 3 feel at home in the usa but the person in the uk who was phoning me got charged £87 so i wont use it again.
Old 4 Oct 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

being new to 3 i take it you can ring any uk network and landline on the feel at home plan?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
I used 3 feel at home in the usa but the person in the uk who was phoning me got charged £87 so i wont use it again.
They obviously didn't have a UK phone number or were on for a very long time as the call would have been billed as UK to UK (or their contract provider country to UK)

It definetly wasn't the feel at home that was at fault. If it had not been setup right then you would have had a big bill - but feel at home has no bearing on the other parties costs
Old 4 Oct 16, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
3 Feel at home sims worked brilliant for us, We do some long road trips and they were fab for the kids being able to access the internet.

Will be using them again next year.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have a 3 contract does it automatically switch to 3 feel at home? Or do I need to let them know? Thank you
Old 4 Oct 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
No its to each other as well. You need to work on the premise that the phone "thinks" it is in the UK and therefore all the calls you normally make will be at the price they normally are. However, if you phone a USA number then it will cost a lot.
What about people in the UK ringing you when in USA? Do they get charged extra as you are not in the UK?
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
If you have a 3 contract does it automatically switch to 3 feel at home? Or do I need to let them know? Thank you
Mine did each time ... when I got through airport and could switch phone on there were messages telling me my phone was ready to use abroad
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My saving was over 4K too.
Old 5 Oct 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
Contract automatically switches (just be careful not to leave it on when on the plane as the connect to the plane service will cost you a little cash)

Pay as you go - you need to pre-buy the feel at home add-on
Closed Thread