Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile Irritating neighbour problem

My next door neighbour is a single mum of two children and has another one on the way (can't be too long to go); a while ago I had massive problems with her smoking outside and throwing her cigarette butts on my side of the house (it's an old terraced house so no fence in between atm). I even found some under my back door! Thankfully she gave up but in the last month she has started again and has begun to do the same again

Now I can overlook the fact she's smoking whilst pregnant (none of my business) or the fact she throws them on the floor in the first place instead of using an ashtray! But the fact she deliberately throws them on my side is winding me up! She's not the type to answer the door and be responsive to me asking her not to, and I never see her landlady so I'm at the end of my tether what to do! It may seem such a small thing but I hate smoking with a passion so don't want her rubbish on my side!
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had a similar problem I bagged it all up over a period of time then dumped it back in a huge pile on there side!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Buy her an ashtray. Wrap it up and leave it on her doorstep. Hopefully she will get the message.
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

I would just toss them back, she'll soon get the message when she see's them mounting up on her side.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I feel for you. We have massive neighbour issues and it's not a good feeling and causes you to get so upset and annoyed. I'm not sure what you can do apart from go round and have it out with her. People like her are too thick skinned for anything like a hint and she probably doesn't think it's an issue.
We have been in dispute with our neighbours for ages and have the environmental health involved with the council re anti social behaviour and noise. On Friday I had to go round as DD was off work studying for some assessments and when I got home for lunch she said next door have had their music really loud. I went round to tell her it was unacceptable and I got the usual verbal from her.
That night the police came round to speak to me. She had called them and made a complaint saying I had scared and intimidated her. She didn't even answer the door. She came to the bedroom window because she was still in her nightie. Worked in our favour as the police after hearing ournside are now in board as much as they can be but it always seems that the people in the wrong have things on their side.
I would contact your council and see what they say. It could be a health issue because it's smoking maybe? Good luck
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
My next door neighbour is a single mum of two children and has another one on the way (can't be too long to go); a while ago I had massive problems with her smoking outside and throwing her cigarette butts on my side of the house (it's an old terraced house so no fence in between atm). I even found some under my back door! Thankfully she gave up but in the last month she has started again and has begun to do the same again

Now I can overlook the fact she's smoking whilst pregnant (none of my business) or the fact she throws them on the floor in the first place instead of using an ashtray! But the fact she deliberately throws them on my side is winding me up! She's not the type to answer the door and be responsive to me asking her not to, and I never see her landlady so I'm at the end of my tether what to do! It may seem such a small thing but I hate smoking with a passion so don't want her rubbish on my side!
Quoting that she is a single mum is part of the problem for you too?
Old 14 Nov 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Crikey a pregnant single mum? No wonder she started the fags again!
Nothing else for it, you should move house!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Feel sorry for you and can understand your problem but I would throw them back.

We had this problem at our previous house with our neighbour and the son of the owner. Got really cross and the owner refused to believe it was his son although none of us smoke. It got much worse when the son started throwing his butts over the fence and not extinguishing them first and when one just missed our then 3 year old I took it next door and knowing the father was in insisted he speak to his son. He was very unwilling to do anything so I dropped the still lighted cigarette on his hall carpet and told him to deal with it because if our son was burnt then it would be a police matter. Fortunately this must have registered with him as it stopped.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
Quoting that she is a single mum is part of the problem for you too?
What a ridiculous reply - i was a single mum for most of the time my son was growing up i was literally just setting the scene really and never meant anything by it! I have actually had her back many times, including when the police came round as my other neighbour had accused her of leaving her children to cry which she wasn't at all (a whole other story) - which makes her actions now even more galling
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
Crikey a pregnant single mum? No wonder she started the fags again!
Nothing else for it, you should move house!
Im not sure whether thats a dig at me, but please see the reply above i meant absolutely nothing by it; its nothing to do with her status (although yeah i don't agree with smoking whilst pregnant but thats a whole other argument and nothing to do with this) but i agree less with having to have her cigarette butts thrown towards and even under my door
Closed Thread