Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Seen Cadillac 3 couple of times supporting other people, really like them.
I'm not really a dancer although used to pogo when it was the thing, I think that more or less started from shorter people always seeming to settle to watch the band just as taller person would turn up and block the view, so jumping up and down worked.
Have seen a good few bands lately which make it clear they don't really approve of audience participation, especially no phones filming, which suits me fine these days. Best of all being Neil Young, he stopped playing altogether because somebody was clapping along. Brilliant!
Nothing makes me feel older than being surrounded by 60 somethings singing along to Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, out of tune and happy clapping out of time.
I don't really want to stand up for 2 hours watching The Killers when I have a perfectly comfy seat with a great view - until some (usually) fat bottomed women in groups of four (usually) set off a Mexican Wave of everybody having to stand up, sit down, stand up and sit down again. Utterly pointless, and completely thoughtless.
Not everybody can stand, have a care for their £100 view of your bottom !
The other point is as I mentioned at the beginning, if its a standing gig you can move around to see better, if you are in an allocated seat, you can't.
The other annoyance lately at standing gigs is bands that ask everybody to kneel down, then stand up. My knees say no thanks.
Can you guess I don't go to concerts much anymore
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Me. Took me ages to find their CD. Then in HMV I finally found a copy, they had one. I did a little happy squeal, and the man next to me thought I was a loon.👍

Did you have a good time?
Fantastic - and I only bought the tickets for hubby. Went along to keep him company and came home well and truly converted :-) the new album is great especially 'drunk like you' and 'shipface'. all songs on itunes if you can't find elsewehere
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Well, I suppose we'll find out this week when we go to see Rod Stewart. We're in the main floor area of the arena and if past occasions are anything to go on we'll be up and jigging about. It's either that or sitting looking at someone's back end for all the concert.
Well I hope you've a better time than we did. We saw him in Belfast a few weeks ago, were on the ground floor seating and got told off for getting up to dance by people rows behind us.
I ignored them though and carried on dancing. And as I told the Steward who shone his light on me, I'm sorry but I did not pay £75 for my ticket to sit down all night I paid to go to a concert that gets you up on your feet to dance, If people don't want to dance at a concert or try to stop others having fun, then stay at home and listen to a CD. Never in my life have I been to a concert that I can't get up and have a dance. And when I'm paying that sort of money for a ticket then I'm flaming well sure I'll be enjoying myself and not act like I'm at a wake
Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
I always dance - Robbie Williams in Dublin come June is our next concert and like all other concerts, we will be dancing
Snap, that's my next concert too lol.

In the Odyssey Arena in Belfast they put leaflets on the ground floor seating chairs, and they only thing we aren't allowed to do is stand on the chairs... no-where does it say we can't enjoy ourselves and dance the night away.

Posters and mobile phones/iPads on the other hand used to record concerts are my big gripe though.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Normally at all the concerts I've been to, Justin Timberlake, Take That, Gary Barlow, Britney, everyone stands up and dances, it annoys me when people don't get up and dance because then you feel you are blocking their view. However I don't think I could just sit there and not dance! When I've paid a lot of money to see a concert I wanna really enjoy it!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

I've never been to concert where everyone sat and watched.

Seats are for taking ta quick breather in when the artist is off stage changing! I always stay within my seat area so if I'm seat no1 I stand in dance in that wee section.

I can't imagine how boring it would be to sit through an entire concert.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Well that's sorted that for me, I do like going to a concert but I can't stand for long periods, I pay for a seat so I can sit and watch... sadly in recent times I've just had a view of the person in front... with reading this I've come to realise that there's probably no way I'll be able to enjoy a concert again...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Well that's sorted that for me, I do like going to a concert but I can't stand for long periods, I pay for a seat so I can sit and watch... sadly in recent times I've just had a view of the person in front... with reading this I've come to realise that there's probably no way I'll be able to enjoy a concert again...
I am the same - but there is a solution if you are quick on the draw for tickets... I find the halls with balconies the best - no one really wants to be up there as it is "away from the action" and if you can get the front row you get a great view with people dancing or whatever behind you and below you, not in front.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

Yep, always booked seated and always get up and dance.

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Mobile

If I'm at a concert I always try and get standing tickets but when I can only get seating tickets of course I dance - what's the point in going otherwise ?
Old 28 Nov 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Depends on the concert, at Justin Timberlake you wouldn't have seen me sat down at all but at Brian Wilson I was sat down the whole time but still enjoyed it (yes I have very versatile taste in music!). You pay for your 'space' use it how you like, I don't say anything if the person in front of me gets up and I don't, their choice.
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread