Notices

Old 27 Aug 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try Another One - August 2018 LIVE - Day 8

This morning we decided to check out Disney springs, having not been here so far this trip we figured it was about time. We parked up in line garage around 11.30am and there were plenty of spaces on the 3rd level.

We looked in a few shops including the Disney store which is still undergoing its renovation but it will be so much better when finished, a lot easier to navigate around and much more space.
We popped into Ghirardelli and got a free sample of a caramel chocolate square, it was so good! We picked out the things we're gonna buy when we come back, last time we made the mistake of buying them and walking round with them and they all melted 😂

There was only one place for lunch; earl of sandwich! We all got our usual choices here, DH and I got the holiday turkey sandwich which was $7.99. This has turkey, cranberry and cornbread stuffing and mayonnaise, it's absolutely amazing! My favourite sandwich.

We got 15% dvc discount here so our total came to $18.98.

We carried on looking in the shops in marketplace, they were giving out sweets and money off vouchers in uniqlo for spinning a prize wheel, dd was pleased with her lollipop 😂
We decided to call it a day at Disney springs and went back to bay lake tower to drop the car off before catching the monorail to Epcot. We arrived just after 3 and made our way to our fastpass for test track. Unfortunately as we were waiting to board the weather turned and it was absolutely throwing it down with rain, not knowing how long the storm would last we left the queue and ran over to our next fastpass for mission space. This was a walk on anyway. When we came off mission space the rain had calmed abit and was just light drizzle, we walked over to the world Showcase and picked up a passport for DD. This was $12 and had a passport, stickers from each country and a badge. The point is to find where the stickers are photos of in each country and stick them in your passport then you get a cast member at the kidcot stand in that country to stamp your passport and they write a little message too. It's good fun and something for the kids to do round the world showcase. At the kidcot stops they were also handing out a traveller card from that country with a sticker. The kids could stay and colour in the picture on the back of the card but due to the weather these areas were really busy. When you have all the cards from all the countries you show them to one of the cast members and they will give you a postcard from Mickey Mouse.

We started off in Mexico, where we also bumped into Donald Duck with no line.

Donald Duck with no line.
We completed Norway, China, Germany and Italy and then it was time for our dinner reservation at via Napoli.

We checked in a and were seated within 5 minutes. I ordered us a bottle of Pinot Grigio which was $32, our server Marco tried to convince me to get a more
Expensive bottle which i declined and that was it his attitude towards us changed and he literally spoke to us the bare minimum from then on.

He didn't even hang around to let us order a drink for DD.
Our wine arrived from a lovely server called Grazia, she couldn't do enough to be helpful.

When Marco came back we ordered DDs drink and she had spaghetti and meatballs and DH and I were sharing the mezzo metro pepperoni pizza $45. This thing is huge but we love pizza!

DDs spaghetti and meatballs came out about 2 minutes after we ordered, she had finished her food before our pizza came which we weren't thrilled about as she was then getting agitated wanting to leave.

I'm pretty sure these are the same as served at tutto Italia excerpt you get half as many meatballs here. We managed to finish the lot between us and then asked for the bill.

It came to $83.42 with DVC discount. We left a mediocre tip and sent a cast compliment on Twitter for grazia. She had been the saving grace of the service in there. The pizza and wine were very good so it wouldn't deter us from going back.

We continued our walk around the world showcase stopping off at Morrocco for a drink for DH and I. We ordered 2 alcoholic royal blue slushes. These were vodka, coconut rum and blue raspberry slush. The cashier didn't realise we wanted alcoholic so when we corrected her when we realised the amount was wrong she apologised profusely and said she would only charge us for non alcoholic ones. This was extremely kind of her, we loved these slushes, they were really tasty and went down in no time, unfortunately they turned all your mouth and lips blue 😂

In France we spotted aurora coming out for a character meet so dd when and met her and we continued round to the Joffrey's stand between the UK and Canada where we got some some
Drinks. Dd had the passion fruit slush $5.69 . DH had a tiki torch which is passion fruit slush and vodka $9.99 and I had the frozen flame spirited which was passion fruit and strawberry slush with vodka, also $9.99. These were really good and we drank them as we made our way over to test track.

Our earlier fastpass had turned into a multiple attraction anytime fastpass so we decided to go back on but unfortunately it was closed again, I'd secured a fastpass for soarin too so we walked over to the land to do that instead. After soarin we walked back over to test track making it at 8.55pm and it was working! 😊 When we got off we made our way to the monorail and back to bay lake tower and to bed.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 27 Aug 18 12:54 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Omg how rude of the server.$32 for a bottle of wine is a lot anyway never mind paying for a more expensive one just to increase his tip 😡😡😡😡
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Very poor of your initial server - so rude.

You had some nice sounding drinks today - I shall have to research them more and start a list so I don't forget where they are!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day apart from your very poor server

Joan