Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we booked jersey-lgw, lhr-lax few years ago for 401pp, the same flight lhr-lax was 900pp, we got cheap flight to jersey day before
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
Oh right - thanks

How daft though! The connecting flight is actually the one I originally looked at from Gatwick, yet it's £200 cheaper for our family of 4 to take an extra flight from Manchester to Heathrow first!
As you've been told, you HAVE to take that first flight otherwise the rest of your journey is voided.

However, if the return routing is the same then you can just abandon the last leg, ie you get off at Gatwick, collect your luggage and then head home, skipping going to Heathrow and flying up to Manchester.

This may make the option better for you, possibly...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
VIP Dibber

Booked with BA LGW-TPA Direct.
Dates 27th July to 19th August (23 days)
2Adults and 1Teen with SUV and 1 Checked bag each
£2620 .

I was getting quotes of £700-800 for the car hire alone so this made the Flights roughly £600-650 per person for School holidays which I thought was pretty good.

One quirk I did notice over the last few days of checking prices through BA was that if I priced up as multi-city flight only (even though i was basically booking a return) then add the car on once its loaded prices for the flights it was £164 cheaper than if you do it as a booking search for a flight and car package.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Pop Century May 2023 & Christmas New Year 2023/2024

Edited at 12:42 PM.
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
As you've been told, you HAVE to take that first flight otherwise the rest of your journey is voided.

However, if the return routing is the same then you can just abandon the last leg, ie you get off at Gatwick, collect your luggage and then head home, skipping going to Heathrow and flying up to Manchester.

This may make the option better for you, possibly...
That's wrong i'm afraid as they put your luggage through to your final destination. You may hear some people say otherwise but we have actually done that flight and we tried all ways to get our luggage off after first leg to no avail. We were told it's their way of countering people being no shows on the final leg.

Personally i wouldn't risk it but each to their own i suppose. Unless you have hand luggage only
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
That's wrong i'm afraid as they put your luggage through to your final destination. You may hear some people say otherwise but we have actually done that flight and we tried all ways to get our luggage off after first leg to no avail. We were told it's their way of countering people being no shows on the final leg.

Personally i wouldn't risk it but each to their own i suppose. Unless you have hand luggage only
Not sure though on this leg as you would have to make own way from Gatwick to Heathrow, collecting luggage at Gatwick and using other transport to Heathrow, we dropped the last leg a few years ago, got out at Heathrow with cases when should have gone to Gatwick and then Jersey

Edited at 12:53 PM.
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MOONCHESTER View Post
Not true though on this leg as you would have to make own way from Gatwick to Heathrow, collecting luggage at Gatwick and using other transport to Heathrow
My apologies if wrong but when we did it we asked at Florida side and when we landed UK side (it was a few years back though and would have to double check all the info on notes). No suitcases

All i remember was it was hassle and we vowed to never do it again so personally we only do direct these days.

Edited at 12:56 PM.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MOONCHESTER View Post
Not sure though on this leg as you would have to make own way from Gatwick to Heathrow, collecting luggage at Gatwick and using other transport to Heathrow, we dropped the last leg a few years ago, got out at Heathrow with cases when should have gone to Gatwick and then Jersey
Weve done this twice, the key is changing airports before final leg as u have to get your cases to transport yourself
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

My apologies if wrong but when we did it we asked at Florida side and when we landed UK side (it was a few years back though and would have to double check all the info on notes). No suitcases

All i remember was it was hassle and we vowed to never do it again so personally we only do direct these days.
On this route though going to Manchester the second flight goes from Heathrow not Gatwick so you have no choice but to collect your bags and make your own way to Heathrow. If the second flight is from Gatwick then yes it would be difficult to get your bags off early.

We did this route in 2017 and caught the train from Gatwick home instead of flying to Manchester.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Well, I feared it would happen...my cheap return leg from Orlando has now nearly doubled in price, whilst i’m waiting for the outbound leg to reduce in price with BA. I’m now holding out for Virgin prices at the end of this week.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49

Nope.

If your BA flights traverse Gatwick and Heathrow, you have to make your own way between the airports with your luggage.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List